Archived fitting room/ reshop/ operator/ BATHING SUITS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, with all the hours that have been cut, I am usually the only one in ST T. The reshop keeps piling up day after day. FAmilies come in with 3 or 4 people trying on literally 50 or 60 pieces of clothing. Bathing suits mostly. I have developed heel spurs from standing and running for 7 hours at a time. This is even worse than Xmas. I have to go in early and stay late tomorrow. I want to scowl at these women who get mad about the 6 piece limit, and they ignore me. I don't want to go in tomorrow. I am afraid I am going to start crying . Any advice? Thanks a lot.

Hi, with all the hours that have been cut, I am usually the only one in ST T. The reshop keeps piling up day after day. FAmilies come in with 3 or 4 people trying on literally 50 or 60 pieces of clothing. Bathing suits mostly. I have developed heel spurs from standing and running for 7 hours at a time. This is even worse than Xmas. I have to go in early and stay late tomorrow. I want to scowl at these women who get mad about the 6 piece limit, and they ignore me. I don't want to go in tomorrow. I am afraid I am going to start crying . Any advice? Thanks a lot.
If they refuse to do the 6 peice limit...call AP on the walkie and make sure the guest can hear you.

Thanks ! That is actually a good idea. Our AP lead is very good and doesn't worry about groveling to these ridiculous Guests like the other leads.

I will be made to pay eventually, but at least I would be doing my job.

And why do these mothers sit on those red stools like a row of cabbages and hand me their grubby sticky dome drinks and dirty tissues to throw away ? The trash can is a foot tall. Ugh these women! And they never buy any of these bathing suits.

And why do these mothers sit on those red stools like a row of cabbages and hand me their grubby sticky dome drinks and dirty tissues to throw away ? The trash can is a foot tall. Ugh these women! And they never buy any of these bathing suits.
That's gross. Just tell them where the trash can is...you don't have to take there dirty tissues

There is a famous pic of Sally Field from that movie Norma Rae. I am going to print off about a thousand of them and put them all over store.esp over every one of those ugly BOGO bathing suit signs.
Jack,you do it too. We can be Norma and Norman Rae . Rile things up a little

My bathing suit is a pair of cut offs and a Lynrd Skynrd t shirt. I am going to try and return it tomorrow for one of those hideous x! coloration things. Good night.

Seriously, fuck these bathing suits. Just when you think you're done putting them back, more guests appear in the fitting room with more bathing suits than the 6 item limit. There's gotta be over 50 varieties of swimsuits in that small section of RTW and I think some people are determined to try on every single one.
And most of them have bold patterns and incredibly bright colors, making it confusing to put them back in the right spot. If you take a few steps back and look at them all, I swear it's like an optical illusion.
I had to work a few operator shifts this week so I feel your pain. My advice? Don't stare at the swimsuits too long. You'll go blind.

I seriously don't get why people are trying on millions of bathing suits to begin with ( okay slightly exaggerating about the number lol) but seriously it's freezing out outside and people are parading back and forth with bathing suits? It's not even spring break yet ( at least not in high school) and that's who tries them on) It's crazy.....

Swimsuits are hell in my store. This week I have probably spent half my shifts trying to figure out which piece I need to pick for ship from store orders.

Today there were two softlines TMs who spent 8 hours tearing down the swimwear section and then setting everything exactly to planogram. Meanwhile, 2 other TMs spent the day sorting at least a dozen carts and z-racks of reshop (I think they ended up with 2 full carts and 2 full z-racks of swimwear). The softlines TL looked like she was going to cry when a TM told here there was a ton of swimwear hanging above the main Backroom aisles.

I honestly bend the 6 item thing if they're nice about it, we're not too busy and/or depending on how many things they have. I wouldn't wanna have to go in and out for swimwear. It seems like it'd be annoying. I make them bring everything back on the hanger and let them know I'm breaking a rule for them. It guilts them into behaving and I always get everything back from those people. I just have to flip the hangers and such. If it's not a good time for rule breaking for whatever reason, I just tell them "I understand why you'd rather not come in and out. I wouldn't want to either, but that's the rule."

I was on the floor today and I gave up and just left the z rack of swim out and allowed them to shop from it. With so little hours, so little people, it just wasn't possible to stay on top of it. And we had so many returns/abandons from GS and she had to do phones for a big portion of the day. I helped sort during the last hour of my shift because she couldn't keep up with the guests. No way she was gonna get to the carts from the front. The store looked like 4th q.

I seriously don't get why people are trying on millions of bathing suits to begin with ( okay slightly exaggerating about the number lol) but seriously it's freezing out outside and people are parading back and forth with bathing suits? It's not even spring break yet ( at least not in high school) and that's who tries them on) It's crazy.....

A bunch of my friends have spring break next week! I think my mom's spring break is the following week. And I've seen tweets about alt spring break programs that started thus week. So the college kids are prepping for breaks. Even if break falls super late for someone they dk if the same deal will come up again.

Ahhhhhhhh.
This is when I pick up hrs in SL - during swimsuit kick-off.
Normally they'd ask for help from the checklanes but most of the cashiers would rather take an icepick to the eyes before having to do swimwear.

Some Guests are shitty. Before retail and definitely after I started, I put my clothes items back myself after trying them on. My mom made sure it was exactly how I found it because having someone else do it is lazy. Now I'm just conditioned.

One exception: dress shirts that are in a bag and folded and have 1000 pins in it. Yeah I don't put that back myself. I will ask an associate if they have one open I can try.

Why do we even let people try on swimsuits? I mean, you want to wear something that's been touched by someone else's junk/vag?

seriously, it's gross
Don't they come with liners or at least a note saying to wear undergarments?

Don't they come with liners or at least a note saying to wear undergarments?
Idk , but most women wouldn't wear them. Most bikinis are worn without underwear so I'd assume they try them on like that, otherwise what's the point.

How much space can underwear/g-string/plastic liner take up? I know when I try on bathing suit trunks I leave my underwear on, I would like to think other people are as considerate.

After women tried on swim suits we offered free smells. Probably could have made a fortune if we charged.

I would pick up the trash can, and hold it up facing their direction so they can throw it away themselves.

Had a panic attack today at work, went on a crying jag. Then begged them to let me stay. Tomorrow I go back again . I wish I could just zone and put away all day. I can't keep up anymore and I really try. I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back