Archived Fitting Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
I start my first fitting room shift on Sunday and I'm very nervous. Any tips you guys have to be successful with fitting room? Thanks!

I'm starting my first fitting room shift on Sunday and I'm super nervous! Any tips or advice you guys have for me?

Fitting room is the best place for people to steal stuff. Check how many items they have, don't allow anything in that they aren't trying on(except their purse and kids).
Don't let things build up. Separating, folding and hanging takes longer than running it. Organize things so you aren't back tracking. Ex. Take men's all in one trip. I'll put all folded in a cart and organize it so I can cover the entire floor without going back and forth.

If you answer the phone, be happy and nice regardless how upset the guest is. You'll transfer to the right department. Ex. Furniture, you have a call on 8 0. Furniture, 8 0.

You have to make new tags for clothing. Don't let it build up and don't want until the end of the night to try and tackle it.

At my store, I sometimes have to zone as well. You get faster as time goes on.

I'm starting my first fitting room shift on Sunday and I'm super nervous! Any tips or advice you guys have for me?

My store is a low volume store, so the way we run things at the fitting room is like this:
We clock in and grab the gobacks. Go down to the fitting room and sort out the cart. Check the fitting room and pick up the leftover clothes, hangers, or whatever is on the floor. When a guest wants to try on something, ask how many they have (don't let them take in more than 6, and don't let them take their cart in) when they are finished ask them if the clothes worked out for them and take what they don't want.
Because my store is low volume, we don't have someone staying there their whole shift. If you do stay back there your whole shift, you'll be answering the phones and transferring calls (they should train you on how to do that), and probably do some repackaging (which you should be trained on as well.) The fitting room is pretty easy and nothing to be worried about. You'll be able to catch onto things pretty quickly and find your groove to get things done.

I merged the two threads because they were identical.
It makes it much easier for folks to reply if there is one thread to work with.
Plus the Suggestions is for suggestions about the forum.

I merged the two threads because they were identical.
It makes it much easier for folks to reply if there is one thread to work with.
Plus the Suggestions is for suggestions about the forum.
I have moved to I'm Lost.

My store is a low volume store, so the way we run things at the fitting room is like this:
We clock in and grab the gobacks. Go down to the fitting room and sort out the cart. Check the fitting room and pick up the leftover clothes, hangers, or whatever is on the floor. When a guest wants to try on something, ask how many they have (don't let them take in more than 6, and don't let them take their cart in) when they are finished ask them if the clothes worked out for them and take what they don't want.
Because my store is low volume, we don't have someone staying there their whole shift. If you do stay back there your whole shift, you'll be answering the phones and transferring calls (they should train you on how to do that), and probably do some repackaging (which you should be trained on as well.) The fitting room is pretty easy and nothing to be worried about. You'll be able to catch onto things pretty quickly and find your groove to get things done.

what are go backs? where do i grab them from?
also what is repackaging? thanks

Go backs or abandons, are located at guest service. Bring in an empty cart to replace the one you're taking.

Repacks are just fixing packaged items. Underwear gets defected out if opened.

Go backs are items from your area that are either found by another team member or things that a guest was going to buy but changed their minds up at the register or things that have been returned. You get them from guest services. Just take a cart over there and grab your things from the go back cart, take them down to the fitting room, then sort them into the middle (mens, shoes, active wear, accessories, intimates), kids (infants, boys, and girls), and ready to wear (womens).

Repackaging is what you do if a tag is missing from a shirt, or someone stole a pair of underwear but left the rest. You have to make a ticket for it and put it on clearance. There's a process to it, but they'll show you how to do it. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Go backs are items from your area that are either found by another team member or things that a guest was going to buy but changed their minds up at the register or things that have been returned. You get them from guest services. Just take a cart over there and grab your things from the go back cart, take them down to the fitting room, then sort them into the middle (mens, shoes, active wear, accessories, intimates), kids (infants, boys, and girls), and ready to wear (womens).

Repackaging is what you do if a tag is missing from a shirt, or someone stole a pair of underwear but left the rest. You have to make a ticket for it and put it on clearance. There's a process to it, but they'll show you how to do it. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

okay thank you! Ive only done fitting room one time about a month ago and all I did was transfer calls and put away clothes. but i'm scheduled to do fitting room again.

What do I do with go backs after I'm done sorting them?

After you're done sorting them, you'll put them where they belong. If you're new, it'll take a while to master where they belong. But it takes time, so don't get discouraged. Usually brands hang around the same area. Ask if you don't know something. I asked a million questions when I first started. It's the only way you'll really learn. Fitting room can be fun. It's also where I spotted shoplifters and notify the LOD or AP immediately. My team members laugh how happy I am with guests. I pretend I'm in a movie or something (to make it fun) sometimes I have an accent. Enjoy it and you'll work much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back