Archived Fixture Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciNOThyfs

Target's lil bitch
My fixture room is awful, it looks like a tornado hit it. I think it's because we have too many fixtures or the organization is off. Can anyone provide pictures or tips? I'm also having trouble storing rain checks and price change labels

we just went through out beauty transition so we had a dumpster and totally cleared out our fixture room. I can take pics tomorrow and show ya. we palletized most 18" shelves and have a pallet of soft lines shelves. rain check pads we keep above the computer on the shelf and price change labels the pricing team keeps at their desk in the TL office. fencing we have organized along the wall hanging by size. we have a wall of shelves hanging. we have softlines bars organized by size in the back of the fixture room. our sft built a wood organizer thing with different sections. how long have you been doing this and how long has your pog team? they should be aware of what you use an dont use so you can start recycling stuff.

I just switched over to signing, I've been with target for 6+ years as electronics and brand merchandisers. My pog team has 2 tm...

Grey bins.
Order extra, and order the pictures of the fixtures that go in them.
Spend half an hour every day working on the fixture room and at every huddle make threatening speeches.
If you have to challenge any carts left in there.
Throw things away, then throw away the rest.
Kick ass and take names.

Last edited:
Here is what clean fixture room looks like.

Who had to die to get a fixture room that size ? Mine is half that, with all the stuff we tossed ALL kinds of stuff this year in addition to the cosmetics fixtures. We remodeled in '09 and we just had so much stuff people just shoved and shoved some more.

Not bad ours is a little bigger plus our sft installed doors and a lock just so no one can get in unless you have a key which only ptl stl and sft plus flow and backroom tl have which is awesome. I have one too but i leave it for hardlines to print there sales planners out.

Not bad ours is a little bigger plus our sft installed doors and a lock just so no one can get in unless you have a key which only ptl stl and sft plus flow and backroom tl have which is awesome. I have one too but i leave it for hardlines to print there sales planners out.

We did that locked fixture room for a while, only problem they have a computer in there that prints all the signs so it got on the ETL's nerves that we would spend 15-20min waiting for them to open the door.. And it got to the point they just didn't want to be bothered..

Also when it looks like a bomb went off, it was usually POG that did it.. My store yours may vary..

Grey bins.
Order extra, and order the pictures of the fixtures that go in them.
Spend half an hour every day working on the fixture room and at every huddle make threatening speeches.
If you have to challenge any carts left in the there.
Throw things away, then throw away the rest.
Kick ass and take names.
Thank you!! Do you know the part number for the pictures? I can't find it on SAP?
That is beautiful, I cant even explain how jealous I am that you can keep it that way! Mine will stay that way a week, and it's not in the signing core role anymore so I stopped caring, but now it's out of control...

After all, it isn't THAT hard to put stuff back where it goes... is it? ;)

You would think...

Eventually you get to a point where there is nothing more you can do.....

Yeah, it used to be real bad. I felt like I was going to die if I walked in there. It was like a ticking time bomb for a team member accident. If we couldn't find someone the joke used to go " I can't find * insert name*. The reply would be "look in the fixture room under some shelves." it was just plain bad.

These photos were provided by a signing ninja from another store.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
I have had many injuries in the death trap we call a fixture room!

Yep I got a lump on my noggin the other day from a fixture hanger of some sort sticking off a shelf and I couldn't see it hanging down I turned and cracked my head.. That was not as bad as the three sutures on my leg a few years ago from a piece of metal hanging off a tub, I stepped didn't see it and got snagged.. Not my fault the rain check bin is all the way through the gauntlet of horrors. They never argued, when I told them I had pictures of the mess I had to walk through.. Got a few days off for that one..

My store's fixture room is almost always a death trap. I've nearly gotten injured so many times because I needed one shelf or peghook.

We keep rain check pads and pricing labels in the TL office with the rest of the instocks and pricing supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back