Archived Flexible Fulfillment? Anyone launch yet?? Deets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone launch flexible fulfillment yet or are we all scheduled for the same date?

Who's excited?!

Lol...Me? :p

Brace yourselves cashiers for the question "Can I pick up my Site to Store order here??" :D Well at least GS will get much more use now if and when it gets released

My store has launched and I have even tried it. According to our guest service team member, not a lot of people have used it. The ipad seemed to have a lot wrong with it (timing out of the app and long load times). I personally didn't see much of a benefit cause I had to wait for the backroom to bring it up front.

Our store is getting around that by making the storage space for FF up at GS. They cleared out all of the supplies from the shelves behind the "wall" and moved them to the now defuct photo closet, and set up all the wacos behind GS. So it will make pick-up a lot faster, I think.

Ours has started. I tried it, backroom pulled my item and had it in location within a half hour of ordering, but the app didn't show my order as ready to pick up until FOUR hours later. Not like this would matter too much if I was ordering from home, but it sure was annoying knowing it was there but I couldn't pick it up.

Hasn't launched in my store, but I've started seeing that things are eligible while shopping target.com The ratio of things available in-store in relation to things that are actually eligible for pickup is kinda sad, though. I feel like they're trying to take cues from walmart, but walmart does this so much better. Of course, it'll probably get better with time, but so far it feels like a half-measure. With the outdated tech they use in-store, I don't see it getting much better until that aspect has improved.

My store launches on Tuesday 15th. Needless to say the backroom is really excited, lol. Almost have it all set up and ready to go just have to put the location labels on the holding areas shelves.

Tried to get my first "pick" yesterday. The PDA froze and then locked me into it so no one else could finish the process. We just used SUBT to take the item out since it was only one thing in the backroom. 15 minute process.

The new 9200 PDA is boss, though.

Had my first pick up last night. Only the app kept saying there was an error after I logged into it, and we couldn't find the guests' order. We just moved over to the POS since they needed a gift receipt anyway. Later I restarted the mini, and then the mygo app wasn't recognizing anyone's TM numbers. Thankfully, it was a regular guest who was super understanding.

We've only had a few people (not including team members) place orders so far this week.. It works fine for small, simple stuff. My only complaint so far is that we don't have the ipad mini mounted to the desk, we just keep it in the locked drawer. From my perspective, It'd look much better if it was mounted to the service desk rather than just floating around.

Ours started 10/17. The training was a video describing the entire process about 3 weeks ago. I haven't gone through the actual steps with the ipad or the pda, can someone specify what the detailed steps are?

Here is a partial. On PDA, log in as fulfillment tm, go to my Fa icon under all apps on the color screen. It will show you any orders that came in. In my case, zero so far.

We've only had a few people (not including team members) place orders so far this week.. It works fine for small, simple stuff. My only complaint so far is that we don't have the ipad mini mounted to the desk, we just keep it in the locked drawer. From my perspective, It'd look much better if it was mounted to the service desk rather than just floating around.

Ours is mounted to the desk and I'm just waiting for the day someone comes in and snips the cord and runs off with it. We've only had a couple orders ourselves. It doesn't seem like many people know about it, which is perfectly okay with me.

We rolled out this week and we are averaging about 5 orders a day.... we werent expecting that many lol

Started last 10/17. Probably about 5 orders.

I did the last two. Pretty easy. The only thing I hate is they included clothes to the list.

Started last 10/17. Probably about 5 orders.

I did the last two. Pretty easy. The only thing I hate is they included clothes to the list.

Our clothing count is often off or the clothing is completely misplaced... What are we supposed to do if the item can't be found? Refund the guest? That's the only thing I can think of, considering that they've already paid for the item online. You can't exactly offer a substitute. And what happened if a guest just never bothers to pick the order up? Sooner or later, it'll happen.

@SoftlinesNinja: I think if we don't have something we can indicate we don't have that item and the guest gets an email telling them. The payment is finalized in store, so until they pick up their items they haven't paid. Also the guest has 48 hrs to pickup their order with the option to extend another 24 hrs.

My store's rollout has been postponed a week I heard the other day.

Hmm, I'm beginning to think the reason they've been trying so hard to have no softlines reshop leftover at the end of the night is because of this thing. It'd be easiest to find clothing items if it's all on the floor and in the right place. Idk if my store launched yet, but every time I'm shopping the website, the amount of items that are eligible vs. the amount of items I'm looking for (I make target lists so I can have the aisle numbers because I hate asking for help and being unprepared) doesn't make it worth doing.

Spot is only rolling it out softly for 4th quarter. Once Q4 is over and 2014 is underway, you'll start seeing TV spots in regards to it. Our GE mentioned that with the initial rollout, they were only expecting about 20 orders a week at the busiest time. I figure once it gets promoted that number will increase.

As for count issues, there is a threshold (each item has its own threshold) in which the system will say if the item is available to pick up in the store. If it is under a certain amount, the system doesn't give the guest the option to pick up in store -- they want to leave the item on the floor for the guests in the store to purchase.

I did my first pick yesterday, and albeit a bit time consuming it's not that bad. The process is it goes into the Fulfillment TM PDA, and then you have 1hr. to pull the item and put it into hold. The system SHOULD send you to the back room first, yesterday, ours sent us to the floor when we had BR locations (but I digress). Scan the item as if you were pulling it from the back room, take it out of location, and then bring it to the service desk. You put the item in a special location (as if you were backstocking), and then the SD takes it from there. I haven't done the service desk part, but those are the deets from a back room perspective.

Any I you guys get alerts when a pick is available? We (Backroom) have to check our PDAs every hour to see if we have orders

Wonder if Target will adopt standards similar to of Lowe's :p... We have to have the internet order ready in 15 minutes or the customer (from what I understand) gets a gift card.. I can't remember the amount its not big, but its like 5-10? I think... (or maybe it was just during holiday season idk heard managers discussing at my previous store) that's IF they show up and ask for it... lol at one point people tried to scam the rule... They'd order like 50 different single bolts and such.. and then come in and complain expecting the gift card for it not being ready... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back