We are forced to get an order as per stl as soon as it drops. it is a waste if one drops as you pick another but it is what it is

We stopped using then. Waste of time to right and the destroy bags and packaging of rts
Wish my TL would listen. We waste bags and time writing for each one. I told my TL about using Order Inquiry but said she’ll ask the ETL but never did.
She was suppose to ask the ETL about fragile stickers and using the old OPU labels but she never gets to it. We can’t really break “chain of command” at my store.

We stopped using then. Waste of time to right and the destroy bags and packaging of rts

We haven't it is what they want so we are giving them exactly what they want. Slows us down and takes time, wastes supplies = exactly what their process wants. So we give it to them.

We haven't it is what they want so we are giving them exactly what they want. Slows us down and takes time, wastes supplies = exactly what their process wants. So we give it to them.
We didn't really ask our ETL but ever since the front started rts they noticed all the ruin packaging and bags from the stickers so the gstl looks the other way

Imo it doesn't make sense to even bag items since GS takes the item back out to confirm it's the right item. It's the same case of too many people touching product that use to kill the flow team

With the OPU stickers, all you have to do is peel back a little bit at the corner to expose some adhesive and stick it to the product, you don't have to use the entire sticky part.

With the OPU stickers, all you have to do is peel back a little bit at the corner to expose some adhesive and stick it to the product, you don't have to use the entire sticky part.
You don't use the rectangular labels that peel off the roll?

I fill it out use the edge of the counter as a straight edge and rip the label off so I only have to peel the backer paper corner or leave as is for bulk stuff. Scotch tape to bulk stuff. You don't ruin say a box to a coffee maker since scotch tape peels off easily.

Or we have a GS TM who loves to waste time by cutting them to individual labels.. I hate that shit cause they make a mess on the super small counter space we get to write out labels as it is.

That's what we use. You can tear the wax paper off with the label at the same time. Then just peel back enough of the wax so that it will adhere to the item. We all know the adhesive will permanently stick to just about anything, so you really only have to reveal a little corner and it'll stick for years.

We tried that but during 4q when we were doing like 40 orders an hour we pretty much had the roll at GS and tore off the entire label leaving the waxbacking. It might be possible to change up now but with the loss in hours there really isn't much overlap to discuss this lol

We just got a new Backroom TL in January and the store she was at to learn packed differently then our store. They use 1 prep bag per softline item and show the barcode on the SIO collate pouch. We use 1 prep bag for the same DPCI for softlines and show the “just for you” side on SIO collate pouch. We’ve been taught this since SFS started. Workbench doesn’t mention either of these specifics on how to pack an item. Has there been a change in packing in the last year or so?

We just got a new Backroom TL in January and the store she was at to learn packed differently then our store. They use 1 prep bag per softline item and show the barcode on the SIO collate pouch. We use 1 prep bag for the same DPCI for softlines and show the “just for you” side on SIO collate pouch. We’ve been taught this since SFS started. Workbench doesn’t mention either of these specifics on how to pack an item. Has there been a change in packing in the last year or so?

I've looked all over for more specifics on packing softlines to no avail. As far as I'm concerned, make it look good and you're alright. The 'Just for You' (or whatever it says these days) part should be showing in the SIO pouch.

All that goes out the window when supplies are short. We have no prep bags so we are using the roll of bags that you bag defectives in and one for light colors, one for dark colors and if the collate makes it to the SIO bag you are doing good.. I found three of them on the packing desk yesterday when I came in.. All SIO.. So the product went out but the collates didn't..

My understanding is that the entire point of using prep bags is to make sure clothing stays folded. Putting multiple items in one bag still accomplishes that and saves time over doing each piece individually.

It is "brand" to have the just for you part of the collate showing when using the SIOC pouches (and even when placing the collate in the box). It used to explicitly state that on the instructions page for SIOC on Workbench.

Using the same prep bag won't matter, a big part of packing is purely the aesthetics and I think the prep bag goes a long way to keep it looking neat.

Using the same prep bag won't matter, a big part of packing is purely the aesthetics and I think the prep bag goes a long way to keep it looking neat.

I wish some of the people I work with would understand that. I have seen some of the pics from complaints and I just shake my head at what some of them do when packing boxes.. But leadership including my TL seems to think anyone can toss shit in a box. Cause that is what it looks like they did - threw shit in a box..

My understanding is that the entire point of using prep bags is to make sure clothing stays folded. Putting multiple items in one bag still accomplishes that and saves time over doing each piece individually.

It is "brand" to have the just for you part of the collate showing when using the SIOC pouches (and even when placing the collate in the box). It used to explicitly state that on the instructions page for SIOC on Workbench.
That’s what I was told. The prep bag is to keep the clothes folded and dried incase of contact with water. I bag only 1 DPCI in the bag, excluding women’s thongs. 7 thongs individually bagged is too much. The SOIC instructions shows the “just for you” side in the image but doesn’t state in the instructions.

I wish some of the people I work with would understand that. I have seen some of the pics from complaints and I just shake my head at what some of them do when packing boxes.. But leadership including my TL seems to think anyone can toss shit in a box. Cause that is what it looks like they did - threw shit in a box..
Where is box 454? Incorrect folding of softlines. Plates not covered in bubble wrap. Our 4th quarter was full of packers from every department and we had to have an experience person there. The funny part, we had to be with an ETL during packing because they continued to pack incorrectly.

We rarely use the small, zipper ESIM bags. Another TM noticed 1 of the women’s thong fits perfectly in the small ESIM bag.

My store doesn't have a certain way to pack Softlines, I mean as long it's folded nicely. Some of would put more than one Softline item in a prep when it was small clothes.

The biggest plus to putting "just for you" out when shipping is that it forces the store/guest to remove the collate from the SIO pouch if the guest returns it and the store resells it. It's always awkward seeing something on a shelf with a guest's collate or FA sticker still attached.

Back