image.jpg

Not mine, but someone posted this on a Discord I'm in and it had me cracking up.

My best was a guy literally dressed as Where's Waldo, in Men's.

Alright kids.... we've got a batch stuck unfinished attached to a cart. Unsupport has nothing three days later. Ideas? Sfs lady who stepped down to come to our store is convinced the guest is still waiting for it, I'm sure it's bounced or been cancelled... but how to clear it from the store? She waited the days before thinking to call csc back in the morning...

Alright kids.... we've got a batch stuck unfinished attached to a cart. Unsupport has nothing three days later. Ideas? Sfs lady who stepped down to come to our store is convinced the guest is still waiting for it, I'm sure it's bounced or been cancelled... but how to clear it from the store? She waited the days before thinking to call csc back in the morning...

Can'g go into Manhattan and push or cancel it? I am not a Manhattan user so don' know if this is possible.

Can'g go into Manhattan and push or cancel it? I am not a Manhattan user so don' know if this is possible.
I'm not either but my not-a-tl sfs can't figure it out and is the self proclaimed guru on Manhattan.

Sounds like a CSC thing. I didn't think you could do anything other than reprinting collates via Manhattan, definitely not cancelling orders, so if that's the case it'd be a new one on me.

You can cancel but the order has to have been waved. If the order is in progress on ePick it will never hit Manhattan until you receive the 'batch complete'message.
Good to know. Never had to do that (we've always just done "can't ship this" in that situation) but I'm sure it comes in handy occasionally.

If you scan the cart and it gives an error, keep calling the CSC until you get someone who knows what they're talking about. If you scan the cart and it goes to the main start a batch screen, it generally means everything was cancelled and dropped back into another batch or was sent to another store.

I haven't had any carts stuck for days since we were testing the app last year.

Just started cross-training on FF--is there any way to tell a batch is waiting without scanning a cart?

Just started cross-training on FF--is there any way to tell a batch is waiting without scanning a cart?
Key in a cart location (real or fake) using the magnifying glass. I prefer SHPFU.

Also sign in to myAlerts for OPU alerts.

Does this alert for all batches, or just OPU?
The OPU alerts are only for OPU orders. Supposedly there was also supposed to be alerts for rush orders after 1pm, but I don't think it ever worked.

Not that I am aware of. I just assume there is always a batch waiting. In the morning I just try and pick at least two carts back to back, then see what is still there and maybe pack for a bit. I also have a location on my phone that we will never use, I printed a barcode when we set up the carts and just have kept it.

I don't sign in for OPU alerts since I am not supposed to pick those(I do frequently since they don't schedule anyone). I let the ETL's worry about that.

It just boggles my mind that you have to actually do something to see if batches are waiting rather than getting some sort of "hey, order's up!" notification or, the very least, have the home screen of Move be waiting batches rather than "scan first". Seems like it would make more sense to select a batch and then scan the cart vs. the other way around.

Does letting orders sit waiting to be picked (before 2pm) affect any sort of score? We usually just pick until it's at 0, then wait until 1pm and pick whatever's left (usually only like 10-20 DPCIs). I feel like the idea is that having orders drop in should be happening often enough that alerts would be annoying, and the goal times for them being picked are set versus OPUs being 1hr after they drop.

It just boggles my mind that you have to actually do something to see if batches are waiting rather than getting some sort of "hey, order's up!" notification or, the very least, have the home screen of Move be waiting batches rather than "scan first". Seems like it would make more sense to select a batch and then scan the cart vs. the other way around.

I know, but I would rather look and have a routine than having an alert for every single order that drops, I can let them stack for a bit so I can pack what I have picked already. OPU are separate, those I never let stack more than 5 orders.

There are scores for pick and pack times but what the exact time table is, I am not sure. I know with how I work for my stores volume = green score for pick times. Pack times? Well since the person who is usually my relief isn't great.. Two hours to pack down 15 orders? Yeah exactly. o_O

Generally it doesn't make sense to pick just 1 order at a time. You'll be wasting so much time running in circles around the store. But I agree it would be nice to see the orders first and scan a cart when you're ready to pick.

Does letting orders sit waiting to be picked (before 2pm) affect any sort of score? We usually just pick until it's at 0, then wait until 1pm and pick whatever's left (usually only like 10-20 DPCIs).
Nope, you can and should let them build up a bit. I pick until it's zero, then switch to packing. After packing a cart, I check and see how many are in there to be picked. 30 eaches is roughly a full batch, so I usually wait until that many is in there before picking again.

Nope, you can and should let them build up a bit. I pick until it's zero, then switch to packing. After packing a cart, I check and see how many are in there to be picked. 30 eaches is roughly a full batch, so I usually wait until that many is in there before picking again.
Ugh, that reminds me, I really wish Move had better logic about letting a batch be larger rather than having 2 or 3 items left to pick after you start the batch, if that makes sense. #moveproblems

Generally it doesn't make sense to pick just 1 order at a time. You'll be wasting so much time running in circles around the store. But I agree it would be nice to see the orders first and scan a cart when you're ready to pick.

Yeah, I see that, but I was thinking more that the alert would come when the batch came, not necessarily by order (except rush).

Or that the same screen that comes up after you scan the cart would just come up before you scan the cart, so you choose your batch, then scan the cart.

I'm certainly overthinking this, probably because of my day job, where workflow comes to you, you don't have to "request" it. It just seems unnatural.

Yeah, I see that, but I was thinking more that the alert would come when the batch came, not necessarily by order (except rush).

Or that the same screen that comes up after you scan the cart would just come up before you scan the cart, so you choose your batch, then scan the cart.

I'm certainly overthinking this, probably because of my day job, where workflow comes to you, you don't have to "request" it. It just seems unnatural.

Using logic at Target, Stop it!!! ;):D

Back