@mobilelady Another suggestion I have for ePick is in regards to how the item name/description is generated. As of right now, it shows the same text as it does in myWork. Unfortunately, this can lead to some pretty confusing names being generated. For example, one batch had a men’s watch in it, but the name showed up, if I recall correctly, as “WATCH WATCH”.

I then had to waste time trying to figure out if it was a Men’s watch or a Women’s watch, since I couldn’t tell from the picture. It’d be a lot better if it generated the same text from the Target app/website, such as “Men’s Black Mossimo Watch,” rather than “WATCH WATCH.”

Also, are there plans to add printer functionality (with the new ZEBRA printers) to ePick in the near future? The labels we’ve been using tend to tear up our boxes when we do RTSK.

We have a story in our backlog to improve the item information but that likely won't be taken up until Q2.

We will be adding printer functionality which will actually print a receipt from the zebra printer and you will just tape or staple it to the product/bag. No more writing.

I know that it's better to pull the product from the back, but it really was helpful to be able to skip the BR locations on the PDA. Sometimes it just makes sense to grab the item from the floor. And if, for whatever reason, a backroom location is temporarily inaccessible it slows down the entire SFS process.

You can skip through to SF locations today, but there seems to be a pathing bug that will bring you to the beginning of your path after skipping around then picking an item. If you have this problem, please send in an incident to the CSC!

Did you try to hit 'no cart tied' then scanning the cart again? This should work if you have version 2.0.2 of the move app.

This is what we did before the update, it isn't something we deal with that often. It is a pretty rare thing we deal with.

You can skip through to SF locations today, but there seems to be a pathing bug that will bring you to the beginning of your path after skipping around then picking an item. If you have this problem, please send in an incident to the CSC!

But will it still bring me back to the backroom location at the end? Or will it allow me to just pull the item from the floor instead? On the PDA we could entirely avoid problem locations in the back.

But will it still bring me back to the backroom location at the end? Or will it allow me to just pull the item from the floor instead? On the PDA we could entirely avoid problem locations in the back.
If you haven't picked the entire need from the SF, yes you will be brought to the backroom.

If you haven't picked the entire need from the SF, yes you will be brought to the backroom.

Thank you! :D this is a new update, I'm assuming? I tried to skip a backroom location a few days ago and it did not yet allow me to just pick the item from the floor.

Why wouldn't you want to pick from the backroom before removing it from the floor.

Cause your backroom is a shit show and you can't physically get to locations, like there are pallets and carts and other shit jammed down the isle that ain't going to move anytime in the near future and you can't get a Wave or a ladder in there. If you want that location you better spider monkey your ass along the steel. Usually only seen during 4th quarter.

Why wouldn't you want to pick from the backroom before removing it from the floor.
Because it wants an item from a giant assortment on the back side of the line that's buried behind a week's worth of backstock/truck freight. Or because it wants something from the very end of an aisle in light duty, but there's several tubs and z-racks in the way, and you'd have to spend 10 minutes moving stuff around so you can get to it. Just a few examples that I've personally encountered recently.

Because it wants an item from a giant assortment on the back side of the line that's buried behind a week's worth of backstock/truck freight. Or because it wants something from the very end of an aisle in light duty, but there's several tubs and z-racks in the way, and you'd have to spend 10 minutes moving stuff around so you can get to it. Just a few examples that I've personally encountered recently.

Preach!!! This is my life right now.. I have taken to printing the location labels I can't skip, taking it from the floor and scanning it out of the back then re-stowing it to the back room location.. Cause I can't get to the backroom location. This is the last ditch thing I do, but the backroom in my store is that bad a shit show right now, with no end in sight.

Or it wants you to pick one item from a casepack of 48. Now the other 47 units have to be STO'd in open stock locations -- much easier to just pick one from the floor.

I have "burned the batch" before by pretending to pick one from the BR, and then just getting one from the floor. Much easier to just re-STO a full casepack, than find a BR location for the left overs in open stock wacos.

If we're making a list, having the skip not be right next to the INF button.

@mobilelady I may sound like a broken record at this point, but are there any plans to have the on-hands for INFd items automatically updated to zero?

I'd rather a report that also shows what BRLA is green so we can select which items to update to zero. We're still getting web only items in Black repacks so unless it's been longer than 4 days I wouldn't want to reduce web only items to zero. We also still have "store support" sometimes for picking and I don't always trust who helps SFS.

Probably best if it didn't do that until it stops INFing things if the app crashes on certain screens.

If Move crashes, or if you close it on the "scan to subcart location" screen, the item will be INFed. I've already reported it through mySupport, and I got a reply saying it's being worked on. Best suggestion is to immediately scan the item into the cart once you pull it, as well as regularly checking to see if you have a stable connection. If not, mySettings > Troubleshooting > Reset Wifi.

We have a story in our backlog to improve the item information but that likely won't be taken up until Q2.

We will be adding printer functionality which will actually print a receipt from the zebra printer and you will just tape or staple it to the product/bag. No more writing.

That sounds awesome! I hope to see it added soon.

And second thought that just came to me. My store hasn't received the Pulls section of Move yet, but when we do, let's say something was Autopulled and is currently tied to a cart (or becomes backstock). Occasionally, we'll receive OPU picks for items that were recently pulled in a CAF. Will Move path you to the cart it's tied to or just to the backroom/floor location?

If Move crashes, or if you close it on the "scan to subcart location" screen, the item will be INFed. I've already reported it through mySupport, and I got a reply saying it's being worked on. Best suggestion is to immediately scan the item into the cart once you pull it, as well as regularly checking to see if you have a stable connection. If not, mySettings > Troubleshooting > Reset Wifi.

That doesn't work when it crashes inbetween scanning the item and the cart.. Which is where I find it crashes on me %99 of the time..

We just got a new Backroom TL in January and the store she was at to learn packed differently then our store. They use 1 prep bag per softline item and show the barcode on the SIO collate pouch. We use 1 prep bag for the same DPCI for softlines and show the “just for you” side on SIO collate pouch.
I only bother making sure the barcode is sticking out if I happen to notice that the package is an STS to another store... saves their TM a small amount of effort looking for the DPCI. (edit: thought you meant DPCI showing out of the prep bag nvm lol)
Also any training materials I've seen have stated to have the "just for you" sticking out.
Anyone else had orders just disappear? I had a co worker who had to pause his batch to pick a Flex order and it was gone when he came back to it
That's happened to me when my Zebra's frozen somewhere in between picking an item and scanning it to my cart and I've had to restart the Move app, that item just won't show up in any collate and I assume gets INF'd, though I've never confirmed it on the INF report. It seems pretty consistent though, I try not to reboot the app, but sometimes it just freezes for over five minutes.
Probably best if it didn't do that until it stops INFing things if the app crashes on certain screens.
Automatically changing the OH to zero might be much, but I wish it would at least count as researching it to zero.

I'd rather a report that also shows what BRLA is green so we can select which items to update to zero. We're still getting web only items in Black repacks so unless it's been longer than 4 days I wouldn't want to reduce web only items to zero. We also still have "store support" sometimes for picking and I don't always trust who helps SFS.
I guess that makes sense, but 99% of us don't have to deal with web-only items. Maybe those could be excluded?

I only bother making sure the barcode is sticking out if I happen to notice that the package is an STS to another store... saves their TM a small amount of effort looking for the DPCI.
I do that too! I never receive them from other stores like that though...

Automatically changing the OH to zero might be much, but I wish it would at least count as researching it to zero.
Is that not the same thing?

Is that not the same thing?
As I understand it from my instocks TM and AP ETL, there are a number of filters in place to prevent on-hands from being changed haphazardly; researching a suspect item might change an OH to zero on the spot if the item hasn't been received/sold on record for months+ and the dollar value is low, but otherwise I think it might just add it to the RIGs for several days and if no one can find it for multiple days in a row, then the OH will change. I'm definitely thinking anything that would fall on the drastic count report would need confirmation from AP before the OH is changed.
I honestly have a pretty loose understanding of it, so if anyone knows better, feel free to correct me.

@carafe I know the web only items never drop into RIGs. I'm also pretty sure there is also a time filter. I know I've seen things update right away, and also had to log out completely and log back in and they have updated, but not before. We researched a high dollar item down and had to research it again 2 weeks later before it "took."

I tested this today. Either I'm completely oblivious or it still isn't possible.

Back