That really drives me nuts when I see other TMs looking for items in places where it couldn't possibly be. Or when the LOD suggests I look there. "No I didn't dig through the repacks on the line, because those came in today and this item was last received 2 weeks ago." Or "no I didn't dig through that backstock that hasn't been touched in 3 weeks, because it was last received yesterday."

My quote of the day on an open radio channel. "would you like me to dig through the 20 carts from last week or the other 20 from this week?" I was told to INF the item and move on.. Softlines ETL didn't like being called out on the sly.

That really drives me nuts when I see other TMs looking for items in places where it couldn't possibly be. Or when the LOD suggests I look there. "No I didn't dig through the repacks on the line, because those came in today and this item was last received 2 weeks ago." Or "no I didn't dig through that backstock that hasn't been touched in 3 weeks, because it was last received yesterday."
If your store has transitioned to the Move app, it won’t show an auto pull date when your get the receive, sold, pull etc info. It makes it harder to know if it was pulled recently.

My SFS training is tomorrow morning, wish me luck! Any tips for a newbie would be appreciated!

My SFS training is tomorrow morning, wish me luck! Any tips for a newbie would be appreciated!
  • Wear comfy shoes, you’re going to do a lot of walking/speedwalking.
  • Move with a quick but safe pace.
  • If it’s not in location, check the endcaps incase it was flexed. Check to see if there’s reshop carts nearby. If it’s not there, leave it until the end of the batch or if you see a nearby TM/TL of said department, ask them about it.
  • For softlines, use the RFID after doing 1 quick walk around if you don’t see it. Ask softlines TM’s for assistance if you can’t see it.
  • For the remaining items you couldn’t locate, look at the receive/sold/on-hand count. If it says received yesterday, check the line first before you check backstock carts and vice-versa. If there is a sold date longer than 60 days, it’s less likely in a backstock/salesfloor cart but unlocated in the backroom.
  • If something has 0 on-hand and sold within the last 12 hours, grab a PDA and check the item search. It might now have a -# on-hand count.
  • Try not to spend longer than 30-40 minutes per batch.

The last three days have been hell.
They keep giving me 170-220% of our forecast.
So we're getting 700-900 units on me two person team. This isn't working. Found out my ETL saw these inflated days/hours and promptly said fuck you SFS and gave the hours to Flow.
Just set the expectations each day with the LOD when you don't have the right amount of hours. "Hey LOD just a heads up, we already have 500 eaches to pick and they are dropping heavy. We'll need at least x amount of hours to make goal, or possibly more if they keep dropping like this."

At that point you've done your part with communicating and just need to get picking, with occasional reminders to the LOD.

I've been there, and it sucks, but it's not worth getting worked up over. Ultimately the ETLs are going to want to meet the goals, since it's one of the easiest metrics that the district leadership can check on remotely.

I've been there, and it sucks, but it's not worth getting worked up over. Ultimately the ETLs are going to want to meet the goals, since it's one of the easiest metrics that the district leadership can check on remotely.
If only my ETLs understand that. I come in as the mid with a 100 DPCIs to pick but no support given to the opening team, who also had a call in/out leaving only 1 person to pick.
They asked for support and I asked for support but no support until after pick deadline, and 30 minutes before pack deadline.

If your store has transitioned to the Move app, it won’t show an auto pull date when your get the receive, sold, pull etc info. It makes it harder to know if it was pulled recently.
YAuBX5s.png

Jesus I thought I was going insane, there's a shit ton of stuff in carts in the Electronics stock room, here I am thinking it's backstock

There was already 100+ dpci/eaches in the ship tomorrow when I left at 530, and our closer got sent to Market, rip me in the am

If only my ETLs understand that. I come in as the mid with a 100 DPCIs to pick but no support given to the opening team, who also had a call in/out leaving only 1 person to pick.
They asked for support and I asked for support but no support until after pick deadline, and 30 minutes before pack deadline.
Your store's leadership will feel the heat soon now that guaranteed 2-day shipping has rolled out.

Welcome to my world, where I ask for help and am told "Oh you can do it" and they ignore me..

@Bosch I'm impressed they have faith in your ability to bend time and space. I have yet to find a way to make 10 hours of work go away, I can do it as efficiently as possible, but it's still going to take how long it takes.

@Bosch I'm impressed they have faith in your ability to bend time and space. I have yet to find a way to make 10 hours of work go away, I can do it as efficiently as possible, but it's still going to take how long it takes.

No they just don't care and will throw me under the bus when it goes to shit. Which they have done. Sucks you find something you like to do and they make sure that you will fail.

Yesterday, there was 100 DPCI already at 6pm. I did 3 batches that night but it stayed the same, essentially adding DPCIs to replace the batches I completed. I hope when I come in, there isn’t much workload.
Your store's leadership will feel the heat soon now that guaranteed 2-day shipping has rolled out.
Luckily it was Sunday, meaning no UPS to pickup. I’ve only gotten guaranteed 2-day shipping on some items when I order something, but didn’t know it’s on everything. I’ll mention that when we need support packing.

No they just don't care and will throw me under the bus when it goes to shit. Which they have done. Sucks you find something you like to do and they make sure that you will fail.
@Thunderbird1956 I joke with specific ETLs we can make pick on-time without support if we cancel everything. They just stare blankly at me or give a wide gap on the walkie.

I open sfs every day, had 220 dpcis at 6. Didn't start batches until 9am and had to train new person. Mid came at 11am and closer at 4pm. We currently have 200spcis left

Even for crap we have not recieved in months and with no recent pull/fill dates, my etl makes us search for it everywhere. Reshop, guest services, backroom/bulkroom, caf line, unload line, etc.

I waste atleast well over 15mins looking for the shit and am told to keep searching. Then I get to hear my etl complain when we have 10mins to our 2pm goaltime about why are we behind with 50 dpcis left.

Aw yeah

Last edited:
I open sfs every day, had 220 dpcis at 6. Didn't start batches until 9am and had to train new person. Mid came at 11am and closer at 4pm. We currently have 200spcis left

Even for crap we have not recieved in months and with no recent pull/fill dates, my etl makes us search for it everywhere. Reshop, guest services, backroom/bulkroom, caf line, unload line, etc.

I waste atleast well over 15mins looking for the shit and am told to keep searching. Then I get to hear my etl complain when we have 10mins to our 2pm goaltime about why are we behind with 50 dpcis left.

Aw yeah
just curious, what do you do from 6-9am before you start picking?

Flexible Fulfillment had major lag/syncing issues today, as reported by multiple stores to My Support. Your metrics will be impacted this week.

All dropped and missed near 3pm. I had 46 orders for OPU that missed. 130 eaches for SFS.

Attachments

• 20180326_152800.jpg
    20180326_152800.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 43
  • 20180326_152718.jpg
    20180326_152718.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 36
Then I guess your district leadership doesn't care either. Same thing applies though, just don't stress about it and keep communicating.

Flexible Fulfillment had major lag/syncing issues today, as reported by multiple stores to My Support. Your metrics will be impacted this week.

All dropped and missed near 3pm. I had 46 orders for OPU that missed. 130 eaches for SFS.
Cool, good to know...

Back