They pulled the cart attendant to help pack sfs. I guess the in-store guests don't matter. Heaven forbid they'd actually SCHEDULE people to do the work.

They pulled the cart attendant to help pack sfs. I guess the in-store guests don't matter. Heaven forbid they'd actually SCHEDULE people to do the work.

In this case I dont think it's about not scheduling them. Most stores are over what they were forecasted.. so they may very well have scheduled properly and still gotten screwed over.

In this case I dont think it's about not scheduling them. Most stores are over what they were forecasted.. so they may very well have scheduled properly and still gotten screwed over.

They, management, give zero fucks about cancelling shifts or telling people not to come in. I can name 20 people in my store this week who'd want extra hours. But God forbid they add hours for sfs. But it's perfectly okay to add hours to prep the store for a visit. I see where management's priorities are.

just curious, what do you do from 6-9am before you start picking?

Do the picks from overnight, then return to stock. Though yesterday there were 36 dpcis for picks when I opened, and by the time those finished, more constantly dropped. It was roughly 9am when I was finally able to start the days batches/dpcis

I was alone the entire time, my etl being useless to help. I have to regrettably rely on my totally incompetant LOG-ETL for SFS matters as my BR TL who is SUPPOSED to be my TL as well, does absolutely nothing but backstock all day and does not know how to do SFS. The rest of leadership is aware of how little these two are of use to not only SFS but backroom, but nothing has changed.

Our backroom is a total mess, shit everywhere, no vehicles except our SFS carts which half the time I have to track down when I open from flow team. Multiple softlines repack pallets in the backroom, back of the line is packed 24/7.

Last edited:
They, management, give zero fucks about cancelling shifts or telling people not to come in. I can name 20 people in my store this week who'd want extra hours. But God forbid they add hours for sfs. But it's perfectly okay to add hours to prep the store for a visit. I see where management's priorities are.

That is exactly what is happening in my store today.

I don’t know if this was ever brought up or if anyone else has encountered it. But when picking a batch from backroom, have you ever encountered scanning a location and the Move app tells you to pull a specific amount from a casepack instead of the whole casepack?

I’ve been getting this issue on and off since the beginning of ePick/Move but I’ve recently brought it up to my ETL-LOG again (first during seasonal) because it’s been bugging me. My current solution is to just key in the amount asked (since Move doesn’t let you key in anything greater than the amount), pull the rest of the open casepack on myWork (the rest of the open casepack is still tied to the original location), and relocating the open casepack to a waco.

If SFS wants hours, they need to ask to cross train, Some wor kcenters I would suggest cross training in are Presentation (#1 in my book if we still exist, this will give you an easy route/understanding of where anything in the store "is most likely" at.

Also if you have Presentation Knowledge, it is MUCH MUCH easier to see Sales floor errors, which can make your job easier in the future (although you will gain this in time with SFS).

The problem for SFS TMs, right now, is ALOT are newer TMs, while there are more than enough veteran TMs who can come in and fill in and lower the #s on Epick, using their work centers hours (leaving you with none, for example I use about 6 hours of Signing a week for SFS), while also getting some of their own tasks done.

160% forecast, dtl visit, and store remodel at the same time was not in my favor today. One of the womens clothing brands was in three separate locations spread as far as possible on the sales floor so that ate a ridiculous amount of time.

I don’t know if this was ever brought up or if anyone else has encountered it. But when picking a batch from backroom, have you ever encountered scanning a location and the Move app tells you to pull a specific amount from a casepack instead of the whole casepack?

I’ve been getting this issue on and off since the beginning of ePick/Move but I’ve recently brought it up to my ETL-LOG again (first during seasonal) because it’s been bugging me. My current solution is to just key in the amount asked (since Move doesn’t let you key in anything greater than the amount), pull the rest of the open casepack on myWork (the rest of the open casepack is still tied to the original location), and relocating the open casepack to a waco.
Usually happens when the location is grouped as open stock. I also have it happen in a certain area of my backroom where it ignores grouping sometimes for unknown reasons.

PDA>rfapps>stockroom locator>location management>group locations
Better do it soon before that option is gone in June...

If SFS wants hours, they need to ask to cross train, Some wor kcenters I would suggest cross training in are Presentation (#1 in my book if we still exist, this will give you an easy route/understanding of where anything in the store "is most likely" at.

Also if you have Presentation Knowledge, it is MUCH MUCH easier to see Sales floor errors, which can make your job easier in the future (although you will gain this in time with SFS).

The problem for SFS TMs, right now, is ALOT are newer TMs, while there are more than enough veteran TMs who can come in and fill in and lower the #s on Epick, using their work centers hours (leaving you with none, for example I use about 6 hours of Signing a week for SFS), while also getting some of their own tasks done.

We are not even getting the hours we are due, much less any extra. As we are told "Hours are super tight and there isn't anything but the bare bone basics."

Yet they can call in three people to do a laundry list of tasks for the STL for a visit tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Someone isn't telling the truth.. o_O And being cross trained isn't the issue, we are talking people who can do most anything apart from Receiving and food ave/sbux..

Me at 8am: "Picks are way above forecast, I need someone to jump in and pick a couple batches or we'll miss deadlines."
Me at 9am: "Picks are way above forecast, I need someone to jump in and pick a couple batches or we'll miss deadlines."
Me at 10am: "Picks are way above forecast, I need someone to jump in and pick a couple batches or we'll miss deadlines."
Me at 11am: "Picks are way above forecast, I need someone to jump in and pick a couple batches or we'll miss deadlines."
Me at noon: "Picks are way above forecast, I need someone to jump in and pick a couple batches or we'll miss deadlines."
Me at 1pm: "Picks are way above forecast, I need someone to jump in and pick a couple batches or we'll miss deadlines."
LOD at 2pm: "Why are there still picks in the system? You missed deadlines."

Me:
YAGpXPd.png

Me at 8am: "Picks are way above forecast, I need someone to jump in and pick a couple batches or we'll miss deadlines."
Me at 9am: "Picks are way above forecast, I need someone to jump in and pick a couple batches or we'll miss deadlines."
Me at 10am: "Picks are way above forecast, I need someone to jump in and pick a couple batches or we'll miss deadlines."
Me at 11am: "Picks are way above forecast, I need someone to jump in and pick a couple batches or we'll miss deadlines."
Me at noon: "Picks are way above forecast, I need someone to jump in and pick a couple batches or we'll miss deadlines."
Me at 1pm: "Picks are way above forecast, I need someone to jump in and pick a couple batches or we'll miss deadlines."
LOD at 2pm: "Why are there still picks in the system? You missed deadlines."

Me:
YAGpXPd.png

Everyday.

I was told that our team came into 400 plus picks in the gun today :eek:

Some how they managed to get a team together to finish the picks, including 3 TLs, and ETL and 5 other tms from other parts of the store :eek:

anyone else have weird issues with move today where it wouldn't let you cancel an item? we kept getting stuck in batches where it wouldn't let us cancel an item, although sometimes if you exited out and jumped back in it'd solve it. BUT if it was a 1 item opu, it was basically impossible to cancel.

Another day, another 250% over forecast. Our store appears to be the only one in the district that has a TM picking in the evening. We're coming in to 6-8 carts to pack, and still a few hundred to pick right off the bat.

When the STL says you’ve got it but you’ve picked, BY YOURSELF, 275% over forecast and the closing LOD notices and jumps in to help because you still have 4 FULL carts to scan out at 330 and UPS comes in an hour.

Idk why they think SFS TMs are Superman.

We were at 250% when I left yesterday.. but seriously, I feel like it's not entirely accurate. I think maybe the opu units are being combined with it or something else is happening

Back