So picked my first Cart today, where you can actually see the names of the orders, to keep your cart organized, per order.

My mind was blown as when first I saw it, it thought? wait, has this always been here?
Is this for only OPU or SFS as well? I only tried it with OPU and I’m off for the next few days

I actually told the project lead in person about that and she said they likely will not change it to the way Move works too make sure people are actually praying attention while packing.
Yeah, I get why, it's just odd that it's inconsistent. I'd really like a "bong" sound (like price change mode in mywork makes) to call attention to having to input the quantity since I always miss it when I'm in my groove packing items out and have to go back over to the table to count the items.

Yeah, I get why, it's just odd that it's inconsistent. I'd really like a "bong" sound (like price change mode in mywork makes) to call attention to having to input the quantity since I always miss it when I'm in my groove packing items out and have to go back over to the table to count the items.
Are you at an enhanced SFS or receive a high volume of orders? There usually shouldn't be any reason besides those to scan out orders on a regular basis.

Are you at an enhanced SFS or receive a high volume of orders? There usually shouldn't be any reason besides those to scan out orders on a regular basis.
We're told we have to scan out all the orders in a cart onto a folding table before we pack them because my STL thinks it makes more orders drop in. And, I mean, it's a high volume of orders considering they only ever schedule one person for SFS, but it's not ESFS thank god.

We're told we have to scan out all the orders in a cart onto a folding table before we pack them because my STL thinks it makes more orders drop in. And, I mean, it's a high volume of orders considering they only ever schedule one person for SFS, but it's not ESFS thank god.
During 4th quarter, it was like that. Pick/pack more orders means more orders dropping in. HQ hasn’t mentioned this continuing to the now. You’ll only get what’s forecasted, excluding the dumpster fire from last weekend.

The thing that drives me nuts the most is that hitting enter without typing a number on "How many did you pick?" in Move defaults it to the number it asked for, but doing that in Pack and Ship doesn't work, you HAVE to type in the number.
Oddly enough this just stopped working for anyone at my store - we all have to type in the number picked in move even if it’s just 1/how much was asked for

During 4th quarter, it was like that. Pick/pack more orders means more orders dropping in. HQ hasn’t mentioned this continuing to the now. You’ll only get what’s forecasted, excluding the dumpster fire from last weekend.
I know, but my STL doesn't...

Is this for only OPU or SFS as well? I only tried it with OPU and I’m off for the next few days

It is SFS as well. Honestly it isn't needed. I don't sort a cart by order, I sort it by space since I double batch each triple tier. We are low on triple tier carts since most are full of backstock or push.

It is SFS as well. Honestly it isn't needed. I don't sort a cart by order, I sort it by space since I double batch each triple tier. We are low on triple tier carts since most are full of backstock or push.
Separate 4-6 carts for SFS only depending on how big your usually workload. Mark the carts with laminated paper saying for SFS only and/or put hazardous tape on the side to make it stickout. If you don’t have vehicles, then you can’t do your tasks efficiently because you’re looking for carts to use.
I usually double batch my cart because they tend to be small items or few softlines.
Only instance of the name being helpful in SFS when there’s multiple orders for 1 DPCI, say from a casepack. Before we knew about it, Move will be stuck on ‘1 needed for order’ after we scanned the cart several times. We would only find out we needed it all when packing. I think @mobilelady mentioned a fix was coming ‘# needed for order’ screen.

Separate 4-6 carts for SFS only depending on how big your usually workload. Mark the carts with laminated paper saying for SFS only and/or put hazardous tape on the side to make it stickout. If you don’t have vehicles, then you can’t do your tasks efficiently because you’re looking for carts to use.
I usually double batch my cart because they tend to be small items or few softlines.
Only instance of the name being helpful in SFS when there’s multiple orders for 1 DPCI, say from a casepack. Before we knew about it, Move will be stuck on ‘1 needed for order’ after we scanned the cart several times. We would only find out we needed it all when packing. I think @mobilelady mentioned a fix was coming ‘# needed for order’ screen.

We just don't have the carts, I mean we have carts that are full of push or backstock since no one really does backstock anymore. We have triple tiers usually I can find one when I come in and pull a double batch, then there might be a few triple tiers I can find or steal but its bad. Between finding a Zebra and then a vehicle it burns easily a half hour-45min of the first hour I am there. It is not unusual to pull seven vehicles out of a isle in the stock room to get a shelf location then have to put them all back in and pull another 5-7 vehicles out of the next isle to pull an item. Repeat this Tetris of backstock/pull vehicles all day long.

And no one cares if we can do our jobs. No one cares if you separate carts for SFS/OPU only they just take them. STL doesn't care, we don't have a LOG ETL that is really on board yet. The LOG TL's don't care they are just trying to get a truck done with no people and less payroll.

And you have to watch when you pull a case and you scan the item to the cart, when you scan it and the screen does not update, I scan another shelf label on the cart cause usually it is multiple orders. That is one case where having the name is helpful cause the "Tell" for multiple orders are horrible to the user.

We have SFS only carts too but half the time I'll see them hanging out in Market or other weird parts of the back room

We have SFS only carts too but half the time I'll see them hanging out in Market or other weird parts of the back room
Our store is good at understand SFS carts are for only SFS. One time, someone actually ripped off all of the labeling and used the cart. I only noticed it because of the label of the cart. It’s hard to forget cart FU.

Okay, who else is totally over today already?

We were told there wouldn't be much work(we know better but this was our STL) so that we would have very short hours this week. In fact so short that I only have eight hours for the entire week. Two four hours shifts.

My co-worker has been texting me that they are so in the weeds since SFS was only scheduled in total 10hrs for the entire day that there is no way in hell that in six hours she will even make a real dent in the orders. Much less the idiot they have to come in and pack for four hours.

So my store is fucked..

Okay, who else is totally over today already?

I don’t think I should speak to soon but I think my store actually over-schedule for flex today? I came into the numbers being in the 300s for DPCI. That’s nothing for me and my fellow opener, 4 pickers at 5am, 2 at 6am, and my mid at 8am.

I don’t think I should speak to soon but I think my store actually over-schedule for flex today? I came into the numbers being in the 300s for DPCI. That’s nothing for me and my fellow opener, 4 pickers at 5am, 2 at 6am, and my mid at 8am.
300 DPCIs? If my store had that, we’d be calling people in to support SFS. We can barely handle 200 DPCI’s for 2 openers at 7/8am.

Showing the last name is the fix.

300 DPCIs? If my store had that, we’d be calling people in to support SFS. We can barely handle 200 DPCI’s for 2 openers at 7/8am.

With the number of people that have been scheduled for flex lately, 300 DPCI is nothing. If it was my old usual number of three or two people, then I would have been crying. There’s been more people scheduled since we’re supposed to be increasing in orders until we reached our new max of 1200 :rolleyes:

i was the mid today so i was pretty worried going in, but today was actually one of our best days even with the numbers being so high. they threw everyone they could at ship today, so in all we had 10ish people all day. there was a rush at the end of the day because the TLs+ were packing and just fuckin shit up as usual, so it took me a while to figure out their mess, but not too bad all in all.

i mean openers walked into 700ish eaches, and we still got everything pulled before the deadline by an hour. i wish i had this many people all the time, hell there are days i've gone in and we've had 80 eaches only, and they'll pull for some random bs only for me to be cancelling orders at 1:45 just to hit goal.

but the bad news though, the last sfs person i was hired on with is quitting, now its just me and its only been a little over a year. we kept all of our sfs people from last quarter (8 of them) and only 2 are left, and only work 8-12 hours a week each. Hours will be good, but theres gonna be bare coverage overall. I don't know whats going on but our turnover is crazy, one of our vets of 8 years says that he's never seen people get hired and quit so quickly like this ever in the store.

Ours were lighter than others, we had almost 500 when the 7 am people came in

We had a 7 am person, then a 7:30 person, then a 8 am person, then it was me at 1130. Then the LoD, the Beauty TL, Backroom TL, one of the guys who came in at 4am to do ads.

So a team of 8, and we didn't even finish on time because of a stupid paused batch

We’re the only store in the district without SFS because we are “too high volume” and I feel blessed everyday.

Back