We definitely had an OPU batch show up as a pack batch. And then an actual 30 cart OPU. Those were fun @hufflepuff. I wonder what they did to the system that everything freaked out and they could warn us on workbench a day in advance.

If your stores leadership doesn't listen to you, you can always point to the warning on the Workbench front page, for this instance.

When the STL says you’ve got it but you’ve picked, BY YOURSELF, 275% over forecast and the closing LOD notices and jumps in to help because you still have 4 FULL carts to scan out at 330 and UPS comes in an hour.

Idk why they think SFS TMs are Superman.

Cause you have good people around you. I wish I did, but its been a year since we had any real good leadership in my store. Even the decent ones are just keep their heads above water. So they don't really have time to help.

@hufflepuff the system for us wasn't doing that, but it was super slow and glitchy which did cause a few pick errors I noticed when I went to pack stuff. Example: pull a case pack of two, one needed but when you went to pack it wanted two. The app just stalling when you went to scan the item to the cart. Very frustrating when you are over forecast and your hours are short. It was taking an hour to pick a cart with how slow the app was moving. And CSC was NO help.. So a five and half hour shift = five carts picked.

Last edited:
I just feel like that could be what's happening because the units in the OPU received dont seem to update much, while the received SFS units are blowing up on the MP2M2.0 reports. We're definitely over forecast, we always are, but not by 300%.

New ePick pathing method being tested at my store as well as one more.
Seems to work based of TM Scanning on floor and guest scanning item locations with their phones.
Won't use the workbench setup pathing, test starting tomorrow.
So if I’m going from F64 to F6, will the ePick notice this and change the pathing for the batch that I’m in? What version do you have on Move?

They need better, specialized carts for SFS.... while also having areas in the cart divided up amongst orders. Therefore you can scan, and if there is anything missing, the order is not complete..... Would negate the need for the packing team to dig through small piles of items (for other orders) to get to the one they want.

They need better, specialized carts for SFS.... while also having areas in the cart divided up amongst orders. Therefore you can scan, and if there is anything missing, the order is not complete..... Would negate the need for the packing team to dig through small piles of items (for other orders) to get to the one they want.
We have three tier carts solely for SFS

We were at 250% when I left yesterday.. but seriously, I feel like it's not entirely accurate. I think maybe the opu units are being combined with it or something else is happening
I'm constantly watching units dropping into ePick and the stats on MPM for both SFS and OPU, and I'm positive it's updating correctly. You just have to remember that it's really delayed. If it says last updated at 8am, the data it uses is from like 7:15am. The desktop page mentions the delay on a banner up top.

Go into a batch, pick an item, then back out and see how many eaches are still available to be picked. Make a note of that number and then check and see how much it's increased when you finish picking your batch. Keep doing that all day and you'll start to see how it increases about the same as MPM.

We definitely had an OPU batch show up as a pack batch. And then an actual 30 cart OPU. Those were fun @hufflepuff. I wonder what they did to the system that everything freaked out and they could warn us on workbench a day in advance.

If your stores leadership doesn't listen to you, you can always point to the warning on the Workbench front page, for this instance.
I'm 90% sure that the warning on Workbench was from the screwup on Monday, and was posted after it happened to warn everyone to watch out for late orders dropping due to that system lag.

The higher volume of orders is probably just because they didn't realize how popular the different sales would be this week (Toys and Grocery, plus Shoes and Swim).

You guys just need to pick your carts neater. I've been using the 3-tiers for this for a few years and it works fine as long as you keep it neat and use the space effectively.

I'm constantly watching units dropping into ePick and the stats on MPM for both SFS and OPU, and I'm positive it's updating correctly. You just have to remember that it's really delayed. If it says last updated at 8am, the data it uses is from like 7:15am. The desktop page mentions the delay on a banner up top.

Go into a batch, pick an item, then back out and see how many eaches are still available to be picked. Make a note of that number and then check and see how much it's increased when you finish picking your batch. Keep doing that all day and you'll start to see how it increases about the same as MPM.

I'm 90% sure that the warning on Workbench was from the screwup on Monday, and was posted after it happened to warn everyone to watch out for late orders dropping due to that system lag.

The higher volume of orders is probably just because they didn't realize how popular the different sales would be this week (Toys and Grocery, plus Shoes and Swim).

You guys just need to pick your carts neater. I've been using the 3-tiers for this for a few years and it works fine as long as you keep it neat and use the space effectively.

I don't buy it, never did this during Christmas.

The stats on MPM today were so off. It was so glitchy and gave inaccurate INF %s. I had to cancel one item for an OPU and the INF % stayed at zero. On the other hand, I picked a SFS batch with no INFs and the INF somehow appeared as 88%. o_O

Pro tip: Make a 126 or 413 and keep it in your cart to put small items in. Your packer will love you. You can even reuse them to ship orders out so it's not wasting boxes. :)

The stats on MPM today were so off. It was so glitchy and gave inaccurate INF %s. I had to cancel one item for an OPU and the INF % stayed at zero. On the other hand, I picked a SFS batch with no INFs and the INF somehow appeared as 88%. o_O
I had almost no INFs today and suddenly the percentage jumped up to like 75%. I almost cried.

I was wrong, @hufflepuff was right. There's a banner on top of the desktop version of the hourly report and it states that there are issues with inflated received amounts. ETA for a fix is Friday.

I had almost no INFs today and suddenly the percentage jumped up to like 75%. I almost cried.
Our percentages jumped to around 100% according to the LOD. They made sure we looked for the item at every possible location but when I looked it was at 8%. They stopped with every location and continued with reasonable locations.

Looks like currently OPU batches show the name of the guest you are picking. It shows on the 1 needed for ordered page with the name right below it. I haven’t experience dynamic pathing yet for SFS workload.

New ePick pathing method being tested at my store as well as one more.
Seems to work based of TM Scanning on floor and guest scanning item locations with their phones.
Won't use the workbench setup pathing, test starting tomorrow.

Interesting, so it’s kind of “Smart Pathing”? As in the system learns what order TMs pick items and uses that info to generate better paths?

If that’s the case...that’s pretty freakin’ cool. Granted, our picking system can be a little weird sometimes, but the Mobility Engineering team does come up with some pretty neat stuff for TMs (but come on guys, let’s get a consistent UI! MY INNER GRAPHIC DESIGN SELF IS TRIGGERED)

Walked in today to six carts to pack from yesterday. Pack was apparently at zero when they left, and every single collate is FedEx Home instead of Ground or Express. They look like G collates but there were still actual G's yesterday. No idea what's going on. Complete lack of communication. :mad:

Last edited:
Interesting, so it’s kind of “Smart Pathing”? As in the system learns what order TMs pick items and uses that info to generate better paths?

If that’s the case...that’s pretty freakin’ cool. Granted, our picking system can be a little weird sometimes, but the Mobility Engineering team does come up with some pretty neat stuff for TMs (but come on guys, let’s get a consistent UI! MY INNER GRAPHIC DESIGN SELF IS TRIGGERED)
The thing that drives me nuts the most is that hitting enter without typing a number on "How many did you pick?" in Move defaults it to the number it asked for, but doing that in Pack and Ship doesn't work, you HAVE to type in the number.

The thing that drives me nuts the most is that hitting enter without typing a number on "How many did you pick?" in Move defaults it to the number it asked for, but doing that in Pack and Ship doesn't work, you HAVE to type in the number.

♪♫One step forward and two steps back, this kind of dance can never last.♫♪

I mean, I'd expect that the reasoning would be that it's more important to double check the number you pack, but I suspect that the two apps are just made by different teams who don't realize the functionality is different. Like how in Move three "bloops" means you did something wrong ("invalid barcode") but in Pack and Ship it means you did something right.

Target has never been woefully inconsistent when implementing a new system.
BGUC0f8.png

First day back in two days. I heard Wednesday half of collates didn't print and Thursday we get collates with tracking slips reading H (Home Delivery) in the priority box instead of G or E. The format is completely different. First thought was this is what USPS collates are but they glitched and generated prematurely as no one has mentioned squat to the team and BRTL is clueless too.

First day back in two days. I heard Wednesday half of collates didn't print and Thursday we get collates with tracking slips reading H (Home Delivery) in the priority box instead of G or E. The format is completely different. First thought was this is what USPS collates are but they glitched and generated prematurely as no one has mentioned squat to the team and BRTL is clueless too.

Same thing happened to us. And supposedly our FedEx guy refused the boxes, after our E guy told me ground would take them. Dont know if they got that sorted out or not.

Walked in today to six carts to pack from yesterday. Pack was apparently at zero when they left, and every single collate is FedEx Home instead of Ground or Express. They look like G collates but there were still actual G's yesterday. No idea what's going on. Complete lack of communication. :mad:

Last edited:
I actually told the project lead in person about that and she said they likely will not change it to the way Move works too make sure people are actually praying attention while packing.
Makes sense. When the Move wants to pull a casepack, some of the TM’s pull the entire casepack and put it in the cart. There also could be multiple orders for 1 DPCI with 6 eachs in the cart.

"FedEx Home Delivery is Ground", says Ground delivery driver. They are one in the same. Side note STL says we're switching back to UPS at some point.

Makes sense. When the Move wants to pull a casepack, some of the TM’s pull the entire casepack and put it in the cart. There also could be multiple orders for 1 DPCI with 6 eachs in the cart.

This cause one of our guys who packs stuff doesn't pay any attention.. So this keeps him honest.

So picked my first Cart today, where you can actually see the names of the orders, to keep your cart organized, per order.

My mind was blown as when first I saw it, it thought? wait, has this always been here?

Back