With the 50 pound dog food bags that say SIO, does anyone actually SIO them? We've always boxed them, but still curious.
Put those in the same category as those softlines and grocery items that say SIO and just ignore it.

The way I told my team to look at it was this: If it has a pick label on it AND that pick label says conveyable, then it can be SIO. Because if it can survive going through the conveyer system at our DC, it can survive the one at UPS.

Of course they rarely listened to me about that, and constantly shipped floor lamps as SIO in their flimsy display box.

we're struggling with a heat wave so all of our fans have been flying off the shelves. our system isn't updating fast enough to account for in store guest sales so its been INF city. etl-sf has been auditing everything out to 0 but we are still getting orders. cringe every time we hear the opu alert now.
After you INF one it should show as not available on t.com for 24hrs. Is it not doing that anymore?

Is that something that changed recently? I’m obviously out of the loop now, but it used to be anything dropping in less than an hour before closing was due an hour after opening the next day. It seems silly to change that now and not offer a way to pick those orders first the next day.
It is not something new. Everything that drops after 11 it will drop into pick today ship tomorrow and it’s due by 9 am the next day. Once the stores opens whatever drops after 8 am you have an hour to complete it.

How are other stores handling large items for Drive Up? Our OPU Pickup TMs were told they can't use carts or three-tiers to bring large items out to the guests because it "isn't brand" and may "take too long", but we're getting Drive Up orders for multiple tubs of cat litter and the massive bags of pet food. :rolleyes:

New pick cart for late 2018/2019
View attachment 5745

Looks like they took a British double decker bus, added another layer, and turned it into a shopping cart.

I dont know...looks flimsy and the lower sections dont look big enough for larger items. Hope its wide as a 2 tier or it will be heavy to push around especially at speed

From the diagram, it appears that the dividers will be able to face down, and maybe even removed.

We had a u-boat set up kind of like the "new" pick cart, with wacos on the top shelf and large items on the bottom. Any time saved by not having to dig through the cart when scanning out orders was more than made up for by the time wasted rejiggering everything to fit and bringing items to the back that didn't fit on it.

Check the actual units received, or get the LOD to add SFS to their closing email. I'm willing to bet you're over forcast and you have 3 options, get store support to get on track, get someone in for the current day or next day, or manage through INF. We had a lot more units than normal drop in late in the evening this past week. I'm guessing that with the 4th in the middle of the week more people took the entire week of so we were mimicking a Sunday Monday flow pattern all this week.
There’s no way to check if we get the actual units received. Most of our units drop in at 9-11pm and rollover to tomorrow.
Anyone know why forecast is high today??
My store doesn’t seem affected. It our usually forecast but next Tuesday we have the high forecast. I can only think of the Amazon Prime Day which is coming up.

We didn't have shit for orders, I was basically done picking full batches by 9am.. After that it was 5-10 orders at a time and that was letting them build..

So opu and SFS forecast was double from a typical Tuesday for my store, but everything that dropped until 3:30 was a normal amount for us. Not a bad day at all.

where the hell are we supposed to store these new carts? they will take a shit ton of room and we barely have enough room as it is

Do what my store is doing and knock out 10 aisle in the back.

We had a u-boat set up kind of like the "new" pick cart, with wacos on the top shelf and large items on the bottom. Any time saved by not having to dig through the cart when scanning out orders was more than made up for by the time wasted rejiggering everything to fit and bringing items to the back that didn't fit on it.

Great more crap to take up space that is useless for what we do.. What the F is wrong with a triple tier cart? They work just fine. We already have them and you can stack them to take up less space.

Great more crap to take up space that is useless for what we do.. What the F is wrong with a triple tier cart? They work just fine. We already have them and you can stack them to take up less space.

So the whole thing is each cart will have like 20 locations so you can theoretically put each order in one location.

Back