Any one else receiving more hours for National Prime day in two weeks? No details of course from up top as to who/what/why/how we're doing this last minute. 1,100 order forecast (they used orders instead of eaches/tasks, just shoot me) and they haven't hired a soul for SFS. Naturally they'll take half baked "experts" needed from other poorly staffed areas. I wasn't expecting Q4 level chaos this soon at my store.
Remember when 175 orders seemed like a crazy high amount?

MEGATHREAD - Flexible Fulfillment - https://www.thebreakroom.org/posts/243472/
member%20berries.png

Ask your flex fill guy to do it. I make my team use the old school labels. All they need is a pda and print the label ( myfa-order inquiry-print label)

I've found that doing this doesn't print the Guest's name. Just the order number and date.

Meanwhile, at my store if we hit anything above 150 it's red alert.

Question for stores that still use UPS and don't load a trailer or anything: what kind of pallets do you guys use to stage containers on? We started using the blue chep pallets because the 126s wouldn't fall through them, and we've been trying to not stage anything on the flat, but our ETL decided that wasn't "brand". It's not like the pallet leaves the building, so I'm not sure why it matters.

Last edited:
We use the black plastic pallets. Is that what you call the flat? Also sometimes a flatbed for extra long pieces of furniture, but we try not to so they're available for flow / carry-outs

I've found that doing this doesn't print the Guest's name. Just the order number and date.
@allnew2 Supposedly the PDA is suppose to stop working today or the end of July but I doubt it now since no myFA/receive rollout. It won’t show Guest name for SPU but will show guest name for STS.
Question for stores that still use UPS and don't load a trailer or anything: what kind of pallets do you guys use to stage containers on? We started using the blue chep pallets because the 126s wouldn't fall through them, and we've been trying to not stage anything on the flat, but our ETL decided that wasn't "brand". It's not like the pallet leaves the building, so I'm not sure why it matters.
Blue chep pallets, those the wooden pallets colored blue? When we had UPS, we just use the black plastic pallets (with 9 holes and not a million holes). We used a tub for our 126, 413 and a box for the polybags.

@allnew2 Supposedly the PDA is suppose to stop working today or the end of July but I doubt it now since no myFA/receive rollout. It won’t show Guest name for SPU but will show guest name for STS.

Blue chep pallets, those the wooden pallets colored blue? When we had UPS, we just use the black plastic pallets (with 9 holes and not a million holes). We used a tub for our 126, 413 and a box for the polybags.
Yes for sts it shows the name. And as you said there is no rollout for myfa yet. There is for receive tho . For right now it works only for vendors. You can’t yet acknowledge your truck. So I doubt they will take it away before it rolls it into the zebra

Meanwhile, at my store if we hit anything above 150 it's red alert.

We use the black plastic pallets for all boxes, either a flat or uboat for Ship alone items(when we can steal one) and a shopping cart with a sterilite box in it for bags, makes it easier to move things around we are so short for space. For vendors to come in we have to move our pallets and cart for them to get in the building half the time.

has flexible fulfilment slows things down at your store? how are your TLs managing the extra time needed to pick and pack,....

The longer pack times are more than made up by the orders we cancel by not being able to pick them out of the shit show that our backroom and softlines is. But in general the TL and ETL leave us alone cause they know if we need help we will ask and ask for what we need and they do their best to get it to us.

Any one else receiving more hours for National Prime day in two weeks? No details of course from up top as to who/what/why/how we're doing this last minute. 1,100 order forecast (they used orders instead of eaches/tasks, just shoot me) and they haven't hired a soul for SFS.
Which report are you looking at? I looked at the SFS Daily forecast report and I get units.

Last edited:
I only see units as well, and always gauge workload in terms of units. Orders don't really mean much when you can have 100 orders at 1 unit apiece, or 100 orders at 20 units apiece. Big difference between the two.

One hour after the store opens IF they drop after the store closes. If they drop in the closing hour (store closes at 11pm, anything that drops from 10-11pm) will be due when the store opens.
Ughhhhhh. In the past, the backroom team would do all the morning OPUs before SFS arrives for the day, and SFS would only be responsible for ones that drop in at open or after. Our ETL-Log recently decided that since we basically have no backroom hours anymore, the SFS opener would just have to do it after huddle, so that usually ties us up for the first 30-45min of our shift. I guess that explains why we have so many late units recently.

Is there a quick way to tell if an order dropped in the hour before closing, since myalerts refresh at midnight? SFS picks all opening pickup orders which have recently been around 50-75 units walking in at 7am. Most days they get scanned in at service desk after opening.

Is there a quick way to tell if an order dropped in the hour before closing, since myalerts refresh at midnight? SFS picks all opening pickup orders which have recently been around 50-75 units walking in at 7am. Most days they get scanned in at service desk after opening.
Unless the system recently changed, it resets the MyAlerts an hour before store closing (i.e. 10pm if the store regularly closes at 11pm) at least for my store. I’m on PST so not sure if that affects it since HQ is on CST.

There is a way but it’s not really quick. You would go in MyAlerts, get the last 4 of the order number for any orders that dropped in the hour before closing. Go to MyGO and type the last 4 for each order number. It’ll list the DPCIs in the order.
I can think of another (maybe faster) way that involves the PDA but I’m not sure if it will work. I’ll try the PDA method next time I open.

Ughhhhhh. In the past, the backroom team would do all the morning OPUs before SFS arrives for the day, and SFS would only be responsible for ones that drop in at open or after. Our ETL-Log recently decided that since we basically have no backroom hours anymore, the SFS opener would just have to do it after huddle, so that usually ties us up for the first 30-45min of our shift. I guess that explains why we have so many late units recently.
It took us 2 weeks, several calls to CSC and our TL grilling us for a lot of late units for my store to finally notice. We adjusted the SFS schedule to have someone an hour before opening.

Last edited:
One hour after the store opens IF they drop after the store closes. If they drop in the closing hour (store closes at 11pm, anything that drops from 10-11pm) will be due when the store opens.
Is that something that changed recently? I’m obviously out of the loop now, but it used to be anything dropping in less than an hour before closing was due an hour after opening the next day. It seems silly to change that now and not offer a way to pick those orders first the next day.

Is that something that changed recently? I’m obviously out of the loop now, but it used to be anything dropping in less than an hour before closing was due an hour after opening the next day. It seems silly to change that now and not offer a way to pick those orders first the next day.
I think it changed somewhere in late February or in March. We only started noticing when there was late units for the opening OPU.

We were originally informed any OPU dropped in the closing hour was due after an hour for store opening but it changed in the last few months.

I think it changed somewhere in late February or in March. We only started noticing when there was late units for the opening OPU.

We were originally informed any OPU dropped in the closing hour was due after an hour for store opening but it changed in the last few months.

This must be a test in certain markets then. We don't ever see orders ding as not picked on time as long as they drop after 9pm (close at 10) and are completed before 9am (open at 8). Not sure what the purpose would be, but logic has no place in most pilots Spot rolls out so I guess that's fitting.

Currently have 210dpcis left at 2:26. 97 to pack, 3 of us picking and nobody packing as they want it all picked until closer comes in at 4 and starts packing. We finished picking at around 6pm yesterday.

Past week the closer has left 50+ things to pack daily as we do not have the manpower or support to get shit done

Backroom/bulkroom are jampacked of push and there is zero room to move around. Getting a 2 tier around is a fucking workout, shelves and entire sections throughout the store are empty

Softlines? Not even going there hahahaha

Total shitshow all over the building

Currently have 210dpcis left at 2:26. 97 to pack, 3 of us picking and nobody packing as they want it all picked until closer comes in at 4 and starts packing. We finished picking at around 6pm yesterday.

Past week the closer has left 50+ things to pack daily as we do not have the manpower or support to get shit done

Backroom/bulkroom are jampacked of push and there is zero room to move around. Getting a 2 tier around is a fucking workout, shelves and entire sections throughout the store are empty

Softlines? Not even going there hahahaha

Total shitshow all over the building

I feel your pain. Ours is a shit show as well. We have nine pallets in the steel of softlines breakout that haven't even been touched, some are now over a week old. I won't mention the z-racks that have been back there for weeks now. They decided to leave those there and just work the 60 carts of unsorted before touching the z-racks..

We have like 5 z's of fan central (transitioned to having fan central in our vacated guest service area to having just one gondola of it) that's totally unsorted AND it's not RFID enabled. Fantastic.

My store is currently a dumpster fire right now. We have 1000ish (1300ish) rolling over to tommorow. Softlines pallets that been received max 10 days ago. I miss the forecast for 200-300 unit days, that was heavy but we could handle it with 3 TMs and maybe some support. A forecast for 750ish units with about 6 people everyday isn’t enough payroll for my store to pick everything. I don’t know how you guys did it with soo many units. We’re drowning in rolling units from the previous days.

Last edited:
Back