The one nice thing about writing opu labels is you don't need another piece of equipment. It's hard enough to get one or two zebras for my team, and then to find a printer too...

The current labels are too sticky though, and the residue makes the item unsellable if it goes RTS, or the guest will want a replacement because they don't want the sticker on it either. And I tell people to tape the tag to the item... but oh no.. common sense evades them and they stick it right on the front.

The one nice thing about writing opu labels is you don't need another piece of equipment. It's hard enough to get one or two zebras for my team, and then to find a printer too...
Just permanently leave a printer plugged in to a charger in your OPU hold area. And write notes all over it saying things like “OPU ONLY!!!” and “DO NOT TAKE!!!” Remove the batteries to decrease the likelihood that someone will take it.

@SFSFun Probably would have to chain that sucker down! People in my store 'dont notice' notes
That’s why you remove the batteries, too. Only a handful of people should even know the printer is there (service desk and regular OPU pickers), so it might work out better than you think.

We did it that way at my store for years, and I didn’t even have to bother removing the batteries when we switched to the zebra printers.

Just permanently leave a printer plugged in to a charger in your OPU hold area. And write notes all over it saying things like “OPU ONLY!!!” and “DO NOT TAKE!!!” Remove the batteries to decrease the likelihood that someone will take it.
I used to secure mine with cable ties to the hold shelves.

Can I just say I hate arbitrary metrics. I wish the metric for flex was based on the UPS, FedEx, or USPS received scan. It doesn't matter if we're green if the product doesn't make it out the door. FFS I can be at 99% on pack and still technically be at 90% or less to the carrier, but does Spot care?

The current labels are too sticky though, and the residue makes the item unsellable if it goes RTS, or the guest will want a replacement because they don't want the sticker on it either. And I tell people to tape the tag to the item... but oh no.. common sense evades them and they stick it right on the front.
No no not the current labels they suck I want the old long flex labels from the O’Neil days. They were PERFECT came off easy and stuck to the log book

That works until flow or pricing needs one..

Back when we used printers I removed the label and made labels for the team.

That works until flow or pricing needs one..
All I can say is it worked for my store for years, mostly because nobody even knew we had it back there. Flow and pricing TMs probably don’t go into the OPU hold area too often, unless it’s in some open area.

All I can say is it worked for my store for years, mostly because nobody even knew we had it back there. Flow and pricing TMs probably don’t go into the OPU hold area too often, unless it’s in some open area.

We had them locked in the AP office and taken so no place is safe.

We started the location based sales floor pathing today apparently. Had the day off but got an email about it this afternoon. Sounds like a great system, as long as it works.

I'm afraid it will be really glitchy to start with and our current pathing is finally really accurate.

We started the location based sales floor pathing today apparently. Had the day off but got an email about it this afternoon. Sounds like a great system, as long as it works.

I'm afraid it will be really glitchy to start with and our current pathing is finally really accurate.

Nope, still binges on the crack.. Sends me to men's over to infants then back to men's. Sure they are close but damn can I pick one floor pad before going to the next section of the store.

Got an email about the pathing, but how do you tell if it's active?

My method has always been, once I get to softlines, I pick all the shoes, and then skip thru everything to see where it'll be taking me. Then I work through each department, skipping here and there to keep departments together. Saves so much time.

If you're enabled, NOP items will path in the middle of the batch in their respective departments/blocks rather than just going to the end

Which is why every other item in infants is one hardlines then one softlines then hardlines which is a bitch since at least I have a back wall to go round fucking stupid..

If you're enabled, NOP items will path in the middle of the batch in their respective departments/blocks rather than just going to the end
It was doing that at my store even before I left, way earlier this year. Didn’t really do much though, unless I picked a located item with the exact same department number as a non located item. Or is this new system more intelligent than that now?

My store is hiring a bunch of people for the flex team since we’re going to be moving to 7000 units daily instead of the 1000 we have now. I’m sure it’s because of ESFS but it almost feels like we’re going to have no product left to actually sell :p

My store is hiring a bunch of people for the flex team since we’re going to be moving to 7000 units daily instead of the 1000 we have now. I’m sure it’s because of ESFS but it almost feels like we’re going to have no product left to actually sell :p

That's my store as well.. half of the backroom will be going to sfs.

Apparently a store did a stress test and were able to pick and pack 4700 units in 8 hours. I counted 30 team members in the picture.

Last edited:
Any one else receiving more hours for National Prime day in two weeks? No details of course from up top as to who/what/why/how we're doing this last minute. 1,100 order forecast (they used orders instead of eaches/tasks, just shoot me) and they haven't hired a soul for SFS. Naturally they'll take half baked "experts" needed from other poorly staffed areas. I wasn't expecting Q4 level chaos this soon at my store.

Last year our electronic stockroom floor was peppered with partial case packs of game consoles, Apple products, and everything in between because lazy leadership didn't want to spend 2 minutes training tms how to toggle MyWork and stow remainders. Just in case my pessimism and lack of confidence is called out.

Honestly, I don't even know. I suspended the batch immediately and it only wanted one item from that location afterwards.
When it comes to backroom locations, they system gets confused. If you tap ‘all items scanned’ it’ll send you to the floor even with more backroom locations in the batch. I did get that screen once which somehow Move grouped all the backroom locations on one screen. Exiting and rentering the batch fixed all the issues.

Any one else receiving more hours for National Prime day in two weeks? No details of course from up top as to who/what/why/how we're doing this last minute. 1,100 order forecast (they used orders instead of eaches/tasks, just shoot me) and they haven't hired a soul for SFS. Naturally they'll take half baked "experts" needed from other poorly staffed areas. I wasn't expecting Q4 level chaos this soon at my store.
They posted something on Workbench for forecast and adjust payroll for the upcoming weeks. I personally haven’t heard anything from leadership.

Back