I'm a TL so I guess that's why I don't have trouble viewing reports. SFS one I was talking about is a new Greenfield one.. SFS hourly dashboard?? Basically the same as the opu one that rolled out two months ago. Sorry, I checked the name of it this morning, but today's 450 ship + 150 opu by myself has fried my mind

I have to watch what I post for a bit, so if someone is up for helping me figure out an SFS problem and could please message me, I'd greatly appreciate it :)

pick time metric is gone now. they are only worried about getting packed on time by EOD. makes sense.

there is also now new reporting for cancelled orders and damages. You can see who scanned or packed the damage and the actual DPCIs of damages.

pick time metric is gone now. they are only worried about getting packed on time by EOD. makes sense.

there is also now new reporting for cancelled orders and damages. You can see who scanned or packed the damage and the actual DPCIs of damages.

wait, the pick time metric also apply to all stores even if still running p&s 1.0?

@ShipIt seriously, how do you do 150 OPU & anything else or do you mean a crew of people? It would all have to be in the backroom or multiple picks for us to have any reasonable time on that. Maybe if it was 20 items per OPU pick, but it's never that for us. It's always 1 or 2 items or more than 15. The 1 or 2 eat up the most time. 15 of those take at least 1/4th longer than 15 items in a cart just due to going back and forth from the hold locations.

@ShipIt seriously, how do you do 150 OPU & anything else or do you mean a crew of people? It would all have to be in the backroom or multiple picks for us to have any reasonable time on that. Maybe if it was 20 items per OPU pick, but it's never that for us. It's always 1 or 2 items or more than 15. The 1 or 2 eat up the most time. 15 of those take at least 1/4th longer than 15 items in a cart just due to going back and forth from the hold locations.

That day, many opu orders were 5-8 items, which helps speed to some degree (especially if it's all hba items or something easy like that). Definitely had plenty of single item orders that eat up time though. So that, plus the 400 ship eaches, had me running around like crazy. Also I know it's not best practice, but I will hold onto an order til I'm around guest service picking ship (but never waiting long enough to miss goal). The guest is basically never there in that hour they placed the order, and if they are early, guest service will call me and I'll run up.

Not trying to sound special or whatever, but I do know my store VERY well, and I'm always in communication with other TLs about where stuff is in regards to push carts, reshop, transition, etc. Backroom and truck push is relatively up to date which definitely helps. Softlines sucks, but at least their crap ton of reshop is easy to scan with RFID. I also pay attention to everything when I walk around the store, and remember where anything out of place is. And to put it simply, I'm fast.

But that is about as much as I can physically do. My STL has told me multiple times that he doesn't know how I do it and that I work miracles, and that he'd hire me more people, but we haven't gotten any new TMs since keeping on to a few seasonal.

So in the meantime I gotta bust my ass to get it done. I am looking to get out by q4 hell though...not dealing with that shit again.

Cool, it’ll help us out with 1 less deadline.

This wouldn’t really work at my store. We have 1 person scanning collates and staging it, while another person will physically pack the collate. It does help narrow it down, instead of looking through Manhattan.

Could've sworn the lead of SFS when she visited my store last week said all stores but FedEx are supposed to be on 2.0. Maybe thats an upcoming thing.
My TL keeps saying we’re going to switch to 2.0 but there hasn’t been any rollout listed on workbench. I can access the pilots for 2.0 on workbench so it is coming soon. We’re a FedEx store with 1.0 currently.

Is everyone else getting slammed with SFS orders? We have 5-7 people for 6-8 hours shifts and still need to pull in some extra bodies every day.

Is the week of 4th of July a busy week for orders? I got scheduled that week and so did a bunch of others who aren't sfs

Is the week of 4th of July a busy week for orders? I got scheduled that week and so did a bunch of others who aren't sfs
It’s usually the same amount of workload. OPU will spike on July 3 and 4. It’s most likely training new people for Back To School, like @Bosch mentioned. It’ll be heavy OPUs during BTS, especially looking for a single pencil case.

Is everyone else getting slammed with SFS orders? We have 5-7 people for 6-8 hours shifts and still need to pull in some extra bodies every day.

We've been hanging around normal for our store. Only about 300-400 eaches for a two pack station store. Typically we see the trend where Sunday and Monday is the busiest, and then it slows down each day until spiking back up Sunday. Relatively light today. I wish I could have taken some workload off your hands!
What were your eaches today?

@tmap98 are you a restock store, and what % to forecast are you? The only stores around me that pull those numbers are enhanced stores (6 pack stations), a single packstation store averages like 150 eaches

slammed is an understatement.. our flex team is now the largest team in the store and we are still getting our asses kicked every day

@tmap98 how is restock different? I know you have mostly HBA and small boxes, but do you also have most of the HBA in your backroom so you're not all over the store? Do you know if they pick stores where their HBA on the floor is close to the backroom. I know one store in the area has their HBA right next to the backroom and softlines on the other side of the store while a different one has HBA on tht other side from their backroom. Neither of those are Restocks though.

Any shortcuts you use for bagging?

I wonder if Move is ever going to be able to print labels for OPUs again, or are those lovely handwritten labels just going be something we have to live with forever?

This was confirmed to me by @mobilelady in February:

We will be adding printer functionality which will actually print a receipt from the zebra printer and you will just tape or staple it to the product/bag. No more writing.

Back