I don't understand why we can't split carts considering Pack 2.0 is set up for it (notice how it lists the cart location for each item) and Move is capable of doing it in BR batches.

Question for those of you that have had your remodel (we are just about done with ours, but still shut down.) The training guides said we HAVE to use locations for the carts that ONLY start with the letters P and Q. Did you follow that guideline? We only have about 25 of the new ones, but with every picker carrying a clip board (for INF's) with a sheet attached with one additional cart location (used for exiting our batch and doing a Flex) I am afraid we will run out of locations. And in 4th quarter when we have help picking using shopping carts and temporary cart location sheets, I see problems ahead. Just wondering. Thanks.

Question for those of you that have had your remodel (we are just about done with ours, but still shut down.) The training guides said we HAVE to use locations for the carts that ONLY start with the letters P and Q. Did you follow that guideline? We only have about 25 of the new ones, but with every picker carrying a clip board (for INF's) with a sheet attached with one additional cart location (used for exiting our batch and doing a Flex) I am afraid we will run out of locations. And in 4th quarter when we have help picking using shopping carts and temporary cart location sheets, I see problems ahead. Just wondering. Thanks.

We did. We went from PA to PZ and have to do about 10 Q.. from what it said it wouldn't allow you to reprint current location all the way to 18

I've heard that the original locations that were set up in myFA can be deleted by the CSC so you can start from scratch, since it doesn't allow you to add child locations to existing carts, for whatever reason. Using P and Q is weird though, it'd drive me nuts not having AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, etc etc etc. Plus, we've been stocking up on preprinted labels for the inevitable time that myFA is shut off but myWork can't print cart labels yet, because we all know it'll happen (my store already created AA-ZZ when our previous ETL screwed up the process of adding the new carts for backroom, and we've used shopping cart locations so much...).

Why do you have a phone? I'm curious.
Ours had a phone installed with the original SFS build in 2014. I figured all SFS stores had that.

It’s definitely helpful for calling CSC, and it’s one of those digital phones like at the fitting room or in ETL offices, so I could transfer the call to the fixture room or receiving if I needed to go to a computer. Although I was using my cell phone most of the time by the end, since I got tired of being tied to the pack station for 30+ minute calls.

our sfs remodel was substantial, we received 50 sfs carts, relocated 16 backroom aisles and our conveyor belt now spans those 16 aisles. it's amazing how much room we have now but we are expecting to max out at 20k orders during 4th qtr.
RIP. That sounds insane. I’m curious what this looks like I’d love to see it. Any reddit links to pics or would you post/PM some?

What exactly goes on at stores that use USPS shipping? Whenever I have orders that get shipped USPS, t.com says they're "shipped" a couple days before USPS says they received the package, and even though it gets sent "same day shipping" according to the USPS label, it ends up arriving 2-3 days later than it should have. I can't imagine that they're letting orders roll for 2-3 days, so I'm curious what's different at those stores from UPS/FedEx stores.

What exactly goes on at stores that use USPS shipping? Whenever I have orders that get shipped USPS, t.com says they're "shipped" a couple days before USPS says they received the package, and even though it gets sent "same day shipping" according to the USPS label, it ends up arriving 2-3 days later than it should have. I can't imagine that they're letting orders roll for 2-3 days, so I'm curious what's different at those stores from UPS/FedEx stores.

We pack everything and then scan the packages onto pallets. So not only does pack have to be at 0 so does sort. They get picked up everyday.

I really love surprise pilots. I don’t know if it’s my store or Spot but telling us we’re in a new SFS pilot AFTER it’s begun and getting mad us for not following pilot expectations the day you mentioned it isn’t gonna help you. Either I can’t find it on workbench or I’m restricted from accessing. I think Target doesn’t want TMs informed SHOCKING.

I’m scared now because I was told our remodel was done and we wouldn’t be getting the conveyer belt. But I came in tonight to find that it wasn’t actually completed and that we are getting the conveyer belt. I also saw those signs for PICK, SORT, PACK. Not sure how to feel.

But I think it’ll definitely be great for Q4 and even day to day operations because we are high volume.
There’s actually a list of stores getting the remodel (unknown target term) or a few new additions (Fulfillment refresh). It listed under the modernization page on workbench. It also mentions how the stores will operate and train to reach that process.

Those new SFS carts, they want it stowed by stacking them on top of each other :eek:
Two team members required to do it which this idea seems hilarious.

Last edited:
I really love surprise pilots. I don’t know if it’s my store or Spot but telling us we’re in a new SFS pilot AFTER it’s begun and getting mad us for not following pilot expectations the day you mentioned it isn’t gonna help you. Either I can’t find it on workbench or I’m restricted from accessing. I think Target doesn’t want TMs informed SHOCKING.

There’s actually a list of stores getting the remodel (unknown target term) or a few new additions (Fulfillment refresh). It listed under the modernization page on workbench. It also mentions how the stores will operate and train to reach that process.

Those new SFS carts, they want it stowed by stacking them on top of each other :eek:

Yes and now found out we aren’t getting the conveyer belt — yet. But there’s a whole empty space in the back room where it looks like we will be getting it in the near future. My SFS TL hasn’t been in for a week so we’re just kind of guiding ourselves through the new process.

Can someone shed some light on this for me-- what is the conveyor belt used for?
For Team Members to surf on when the Leaders are in their office. My guess is they want to promote the packing TMs to stay in place, while someone at the end can control the conveyor to "pull" more boxes to them to build the pallets to ship out to USPS?

For Team Members to surf on when the Leaders are in their office. My guess is they want to promote the packing TMs to stay in place, while someone at the end can control the conveyor to "pull" more boxes to them to build the pallets to ship out to USPS?

Pretty much for efficiency and reduced steps. You now stand in one spot with a cart of items to the right of you and all supplies in front of you within arms reach.

Are you sure there stacked together to put away. . I thought they were just delivered that way

Tomorrow is day 3 of our remodel and so far we've only gotten our carts and the conveyor belt. They better deliver the rest of my supply pallets or else this remodel is gonna be a lot longer than we planned. As much as I've complained about the wide openess of the bottom two shelves of the carts, they're so smooth to push around. I'm not too happy about having to manually print out 2 parent locations and 18 holds x2 for 42 carts though... Someone that makes a lot more money than I do decided that our conveyor belt and pallet sort should be heading away from the loading dock instead of toward. There was some serious eyerolling at that from all of us.

Back