Been doing 40hr weeks for over the last year. Tough old broads are the only ones who seem to show up everyday and actually do the job. As much as the STL hates us since he can't bullshit us and we have no problem pushing his ass under the bus when we see the DTL..

Is anyone else being micromanaged right now. My boss looked at one of my INF'd opu. He was able to find it. So every INF has to be double checked by them. By the way, the item he found wasn't in the correct location and I also had a second set of eyes looking too at the time. Also, mywork said 0 on floor 0 in back and 1 on hand. What's the point of Mywork when the # isn't even right? I'm sorry, but I can't know where everything is when they change set up everyday. I hope they gave it to the person who set that area too because they're in the wrong too.

Plus we have to pick 65 an hour. Do they want me to be quick or accurate? Sorry, I'm human and mistakes will be made. The batches have been so ridiculous lately. So much softlines and our sl backroom is very dangerous and only half of the items back there are backstocked.

Is there ANY point to actually scanning the items during the Prep process instead of just prepping them, but mashing "prep complete" instead of scanning items individually? Is there a metric it affects?

Is there ANY point to actually scanning the items during the Prep process instead of just prepping them, but mashing "prep complete" instead of scanning items individually? Is there a metric it affects?
It wont affect a metric but if you just hit prep complete and dont prep it and then some one else packs it and they dont pack something correctly it can be traced back to you since it'll show that you prepped the cart. It's only if a guest complains that their item arrived damaged. But there's not metric...yet.

Plus we have to pick 65 an hour. Do they want me to be quick or accurate? Sorry, I'm human and mistakes will be made. The batches have been so ridiculous lately. So much softlines and our sl backroom is very dangerous and only half of the items back there are backstocked.
65 is nuts. Our ETL says we should do 50 units or more an hour, but the new metrics say the minimum to be in the green is 36 or 38 (can’t remember exactly). Pack to sort (Sort time is now priority) is something like 89 per hour.

65 an hour would put you near the top speed in my group. My team usually does about 55 an hour picking which is in the top 5-10ish. Minimum is still 36 uph.

65 is nuts. Our ETL says we should do 50 units or more an hour, but the new metrics say the minimum to be in the green is 36 or 38 (can’t remember exactly). Pack to sort (Sort time is now priority) is something like 89 per hour.

I say if they want any kind of accuracy or speed they need to figure out how to keep their backrooms clean. We don't have time to move vehicles every single time we try and pull a backroom location, or have to clear a valley in the steel to get the Wave in there and then put it all back.

Is anyone else being micromanaged right now. My boss looked at one of my INF'd opu. He was able to find it. So every INF has to be double checked by them. By the way, the item he found wasn't in the correct location and I also had a second set of eyes looking too at the time. Also, mywork said 0 on floor 0 in back and 1 on hand. What's the point of Mywork when the # isn't even right? I'm sorry, but I can't know where everything is when they change set up everyday. I hope they gave it to the person who set that area too because they're in the wrong too.
We are. We’ve been having to get permission to INF anything, which we kinda did before that with TMs we didn’t trust enough but now it’s the entire store. MyWork I don’t trust when it comes to counts unless it’s negatives, since SFS/OPU subtracts from the count and also mispicks do slip by often.

They really need to fix the speed metric so it doesn't count time that you weren't picking in that cart, or at least time that you were picking in another batch. If someone has to cover SFS picks and OPU, it means their speed takes a nosedive since they have to pause the SFS batch to work the OPU batch.

Technically, we have to get permission to INF. Any team lead can give it. But, no one complains if I'm in a rush and INF something without asking. As long as I can explain it to them and I needed to do it to make goal time, my leads are okay with it. I was told the general rule is in place to make sure that TMs who INF too quickly stop doing it. Those of us who they trust can skip it when we need to.

They really need to fix the speed metric so it doesn't count time that you weren't picking in that cart, or at least time that you were picking in another batch. If someone has to cover SFS picks and OPU, it means their speed takes a nosedive since they have to pause the SFS batch to work the OPU batch.

I'm not fast, not at all, but being a solo mid-shift worker, I feel like I'm most affected by this balance failure. With my shift, I cover the OPUs people make on their lunch breaks and at the end of their workday (I always get slammed right as I'm rushing to pack by 4:30) and they can really mess with my flow of picking and packing. Again, I know I'm slow, it's something I'm working on, but this doesn't help my metrics either.

My opu average was 18 an hour , after I picked 51 units in 45 minutes ( before store opened ) , but I had 4 carts on hold ! Didn’t want to go back and forth in the back room !
So the paused carts counts against you , while you keep the metrics green !

@mobilelady few suggestions for epick updates..
1. can we add ability to re-locate opu hold locations?
2. can we add function to re-print opu guest information labels? our printers go nuts at times and could really use a function to reprint after opu batches have been completed.
thanks!!
I miss where you can key in the number of labels you want, instead of having to hit Reprint for multiple bags. It’s annoying.

@mobilelady few suggestions for epick updates..
1. can we add ability to re-locate opu hold locations?
2. can we add function to re-print opu guest information labels? our printers go nuts at times and could really use a function to reprint after opu batches have been completed.
thanks!!
I also would love if going into someone else’s paused batch didn’t cause my metrics to nosedive when I’m simply trying to help them out. Since I’m one of our best at finding items our ETL will often ask me to go through all paused batches near the end of my shift. I usually find nearly half the items, but my INFs look super high and my pick time will drop from 60+ to less than 20. That ends up hurting our overall pick average. I tested this week by trying to not look at paused batches and encouraging others to finish each of their batches before they clocked out. Our average pick last week was around 30/hr. and this week was up to 39 (thankfully INFs we’re down a bit too but I think that’s because back room and hardlines has been cleaned up a lot - could’ve been even better if softlines and baby hardlines weren’t still 2-3 days behind).

What is that?
Instead of scanning everything and making a label you make a label after you scan only what you fit in the bag... so the items in the bag are tied to the barcode .... Gs will in the next month or so will have to scan the label to give it to guest.... A way for no forgotten items since they will have to scan each bag to release the order.

so the items in the bag are tied to the barcode
So that's what the barcode will be used for! Ours print with barcodes, but only once everything has been scanned from the order...and the barcodes are so far useless. I really like the idea of having to scan out bags though, so looking forward to that.

Instead of scanning everything and making a label you make a label after you scan only what you fit in the bag... so the items in the bag are tied to the barcode .... Gs will in the next month or so will have to scan the label to give it to guest.... A way for no forgotten items since they will have to scan each bag to release the order.
Ahhh, gotcha. I mean I bag as I pick. And key in as I’m walking to SD or FOS. So I’m sort already doing this, but didn’t know it was a thing coming up. Sounds like a good way for no walked orders or forgetting a bag.

What happens when the printer goes haywire?

Are they going to have an indicator on the label that they are different? Something like (Container 1 of 3, 5 items in container)

Otherwise, I could easily see that as being something that won't be communicated to every TM and it will only be after GS has a problem with scanning out an order that some people will find out about it.

If there's a visual change on the label and an indicator of which particular bag it goes to, at least people like me will have a fighting chance of figuring out that it's important to get that right without being told.

That will also make having a reprint function pretty important, I think. I guess it would have to look like a list of the past few orders you've picked that you'd then drill down to see each container (1 of 3, 5 items, something like that would work great for that as well)

Back