That seems so...inefficient and like a major headache. 😂 If I had to run around printing a label for everything I pick I would hit goal times left and right. "Oh yay a 30 piece order. Hope I dont run out of labels halfway through!". Rofl.

Just found this gem on YouTube while looking for another video...

For those who've only been around a couple of years...this was circa 2013 when Flexible Fulfillment was just being piloted. My, look how far we've come!

Oh my gosh.... I feel so old right now. I just got transported back to when this was a great company, except for Tina but that’s another topic. I remember a label printing for EVERY item. What a waste. Also remember 1 HOUR PICK TIMES but that was back when you didn’t need it and the floor was full and you could find what you needed at the location you went to. This turned more into a petty rant but whatever. Great nostalgia.

We do the same thing at my store.

I don’t do it often but we’re a smaller store for SFS and typically only have one person a day for 8 hours and they can get it all done 95% of the time. We always prep as we pack. “Prep” the whole cart then just physically prep prep the items as we go.

Oh my gosh.... I feel so old right now. I just got transported back to when this was a great company, except for Tina but that’s another topic. I remember a label printing for EVERY item. What a waste. Also remember 1 HOUR PICK TIMES but that was back when you didn’t need it and the floor was full and you could find what you needed at the location you went to. This turned more into a petty rant but whatever. Great nostalgia.

The sad thing is we were also complaining in 2013 about what terrible decisions the company was making. If only we knew then...

Someone mentioned in another thread that they are their store’s “SFS Captain.” Can anyone explain what this means, if anything?

Picking with PDAs was so traumatic my mind has erased all traces of what SFS used to be like in ye olden days.
Yeah, the time with pdas and before rfid were so different. Sfs has changed so much since we first got it in our store in like 2014.
Someone mentioned in another thread that they are their store’s “SFS Captain.” Can anyone explain what this means, if anything?
It means you are the "leader" if your store doesnt have a tl over ff. But you dont get any extra pay, just more responsibilities. I am the captain at my store. I get 40 hrs a week and am in charge of supplies and overseeing the 2/3 other people i work with. Its lame.

I’m my store’s SFS captain and the title is a load of garbage. Sure I led the team and got all the overtime in Q4, but I was also on the verge of tears every other day because the printer stopped working, people were canceling too much, etc. I get my 40 consistently but no extra pay. Hence, garbágeeeeee.

Yeah wow, I guess with an Instocks team, there would almost never be an INF since the onhands would be pretty reliable, huh? That team had already been cut by the time I started at Target. Pretty wild to think about how great a store COULD be if only everyone had the hours to do it.

Yeah wow, I guess with an Instocks team, there would almost never be an INF since the onhands would be pretty reliable, huh? That team had already been cut by the time I started at Target. Pretty wild to think about how great a store COULD be if only everyone had the hours to do it.
It was great with the instocks team. A dedicated team to investigate suspicious on-hands due to various reasons saved our on-hands. They wouldn't just look at the salesfloor location and move on, they would also check the backroom to see if its unlocated and fixed the on-hand count. Instocks team took maybe a few hours daily and continued to be part of the hardlines team. INFs were common but not as common and high as these days.

I’m my store’s SFS captain and the title is a load of garbage. Sure I led the team and got all the overtime in Q4, but I was also on the verge of tears every other day because the printer stopped working, people were canceling too much, etc. I get my 40 consistently but no extra pay. Hence, garbágeeeeee.
The GSA/SEA of SFS. Hell my store didn't even allow SFS any overtime during Q4 when we needed it so badly.

I’m my store’s SFS captain and the title is a load of garbage.

My store tried the whole Captain thing, but honestly it was a title in name only and we dropped it real quick 'cause it was the 3 regulars managing the seasonals during Q4 on rotating schedules. We all had to lead, and now that it's back to us 3 we're just all responsible for keeping it organized and bugging the ETL to order supplies. No use giving more work to one person without a pay bump to match it when everyone should be capable, imo.

@taytay did they ever fix the “an error has occurred” RTS epick issue (that message would appear when an RTS dropped in while you’re actively RTSing, kicking you out of your batch). I haven’t done it in a little bit so I haven’t been able to check

Do the regular TMs in SFS (non-captains) get 40 hours and benefits? Just wondering

Do the regular TMs in SFS (non-captains) get 40 hours and benefits? Just wondering
Nope from what I’ve heard from my leadership not even the designated fulfillment expert will be able to get 40 hours unless you’re in market or a&a designated an area. Secondary will just get 4-20 hrs max.

Nope from what I’ve heard from my leadership not even the designated fulfillment expert will be able to get 40 hours unless you’re in market or a&a designated an area. Secondary will just get 4-20 hrs max.
Gotcha. What does a&a mean? I keep seeing people write it but I never know

Was anyone else getting kicked out of their batch a hilarious number of times since the Cart Reset update? It was happening in Pack and Ship too, so maybe all of our myDevices just decided to take a crap at the same time.

It's a shame that restarting a batch after the cart was reset prompts you to pick from the backroom again, I forsee a lot of errors happening that way.

ASANTS. Depends on how many TMs do SFS in a store, and how much leadership actually cares if they're adequately staffed to get done on time. I dont get 40 consistently, though I hover between 36-40 as a regular SFS TM, while one of our other 3 regulars gets an average of 32-34. Then our 2 secondaries get 4-16 hours.

Back