lmao guess I'm definitely going to be performanced out 😑. My store leaders are usually cool with my performance (I work my hardest to get OPUs on time and I'll search forever for an item if I need to, so they like that I don't INF much), but I can tell when the DTL/whomever else is breathing down their necks because they'll occasionally start getting on me, since I'm slow at packing but they always book me the mid shift (usually alone) when the pack deadline is.

I hate how they use MPM to look at our metrics, because unlike the numbers in ePick, they are NOT updated in real time. It always says we have more to pick/pack than we actually do and we get yelled at for being "in the red" when we actually have much fewer amounts to pick/pack. I've tried time and time again to stress this to the LODs or ETLs, but they just don't care to check ePick instead, probably because the DTLs or whomever is breathing down their necks are checking the inaccurate counts, and they pass on their stress to us.

So which is going to be worse, a higher INF% or things not done on time? With the condition of both our Salesfloor and backrooms, they aren’t going to be able to have it both ways.

And I thought I read on here somewhere that OPU time is going down to 15 minutes, is that true?
ETL voice: why isn’t your INF negative and why aren’t these 400 picks done you’ve been here two hours huRRY UP.

SFS INF below 9%? Doable, if we came clean with every truck. As it stands, not at all possible. This is going to be fun.

It took three weeks of 1@1 coaching plus weekly team huddles to get inf below 9%... Usually we do <7

It took three weeks of 1@1 coaching plus weekly team huddles to get inf below 9%... Usually we do <7
I’m sure that works for some stores, but at mine, hardly. There are two of us that rotate opening SFS; I open five days, the other does it when I’m off. In an ideal world where backstock is up to date, pulls are pushed, PLANO finishes their sets, Flow finishes the truck early, and Softlines breakout is caught up, we could have INFS that low. And if one person didn’t have to pick SFS, pick OPUs, and pick Drive Ups. There’s literally one of us all day and the closer comes in at 2 to pack, and at that time we’re supposed to have everything picked so they’re really not much help. No LODs to help, no one else in the store is trained in SFS; we’re thrown 300 eaches a day in SFS alone and told keep INFs down but also finish on time. Like sorry dude, it’s really only possible to do one well, unless you want both done at 50% capacity.

I’m sure that works for some stores, but at mine, hardly. There are two of us that rotate opening SFS; I open five days, the other does it when I’m off. In an ideal world where backstock is up to date, pulls are pushed, PLANO finishes their sets, Flow finishes the truck early, and Softlines breakout is caught up, we could have INFS that low. And if one person didn’t have to pick SFS, pick OPUs, and pick Drive Ups. There’s literally one of us all day and the closer comes in at 2 to pack, and at that time we’re supposed to have everything picked so they’re really not much help. No LODs to help, no one else in the store is trained in SFS; we’re thrown 300 eaches a day in SFS alone and told keep INFs down but also finish on time. Like sorry dude, it’s really only possible to do one well, unless you want both done at 50% capacity.

You work at my store? Add having truck push piled up in your packing area where it takes almost an hour to get to the packing desk most truck days and we are lucky to have same day shipping. It's ridiculous.

You work at my store? Add having truck push piled up in your packing area where it takes almost an hour to get to the packing desk most truck days and we are lucky to have same day shipping. It's ridiculous.

This!! There have been so many times when I have come in to pallets and the Wave blocking the packing areas, which is where we store the carts. It takes so long to even get a cart out to start picking for the day. Add that to the times that I can't get on or off the elevator because either the elevator is crammed with backstock or the door when I get to the floor I need is blocked with pallets. A good chunk of my day is spent just moving things around so I can do my actual job. So between that and looking thoroughly for items not located, I feel like the most inefficient worker ever, even though so many things are out of my control.

I’ve had Softlines pallets over in front of my prep table, green racks and extra U Boats blocking my carts, and three pallets of Dollar Spot for the past couple of weeks. Flow is trying to kill me.

I’ve had Softlines pallets over in front of my prep table, green racks and extra U Boats blocking my carts, and three pallets of Dollar Spot for the past couple of weeks. Flow is trying to kill me.

You guys don't have a TL over sfs...my store stopped dropping off random shit in sfs after shit disappeared(swept or trashed) pallets moved to the line and if back in sfs them up to the steel they go.

You guys don't have a TL over sfs...my store stopped dropping off random shit in sfs after shit disappeared(swept or trashed) pallets moved to the line and if back in sfs them up to the steel they go.
The Backroom TL is technically in charge of SFS, but in practice he’s got a million other things to do and trusts me to take care of business over here. Talked to my STL about Flow putting their stuff over in SFS, and we agreed on some solutions...finally.

Speaking of backroom TL, is this the only TL that the ETL logistics oversees? From what I've heard the inbound TL position is going away

Much easier to move it all to a fire aisle and give the LOD/TLs like 5 minutes to deal with it tbh

If only my store had scheduled enough SFSpeople for the workload, I would still be that petty (petty in a good way).

So I was told recently there is going to be a lot more micromanaging of SFS/OPU. This doesn’t excite me at all, as I really like the mostly independent aspect of the job. I was also told were are going to be written up if we don’t pick 35 items per hour. At first that seemed completely reasonable but I was also told that they won’t take into account if we have to pause a sfs batch to get a OPU. That seems like complete garbage. I tried to figure out about how much I was picking yesterday and I really don’t think it was 35, which makes me mad because I was working hard the entire time. It was all the things talked about on here that slowed me down a few minutes at a time during that hour-searching repacks, answering guest questions, waiting for elevators, moving pallets blocking aisles. I didn’t have to use the wave, but that easily would take 10 minutes out of my hour. It’s just so frustrating. I hate to see good TMs fired for not being able to adhere to unrealistic (due to other parts of the store being behind) expectations.

No hate for the good ones, but, I’ve seen SFS tm totally milking their day. Walking sooo slow, stopping to chat, shop, excessive restroom and break room trips. If you are actively trying to find stuff I wouldn’t worry, everyone knows there are legit things that slow you down. If you are seen wasting time then I think pick time will be scrutinized and used against you. There are More people that can see the dedicated and the slackers than you realize.

Sorting to a printed pallet code takes two seconds max; I don’t see how that will hurt anyone’s metrics.
I have my own beef with MPM pick times and overall INF’s. Since I’m the senior SFS TM our ETLs like to stick me with finishing up everyone else’s paused batches/RFID. Doing so causes my pick times to go from 60/hr to 19-30/hr and it appears I INF 75-80% of the INFs, despite the fact that I also find 50-65% of items in the paused batches and it’s all picked/packed on time.

Back