Amanda Cantwell

Guest Service & Photo
Csn be fined. May be fined. Yes. But they aren't for every single compliance right? Under what circumstances does Target receive a fine for this?
If it’s the law as is in pretty much every states. Obviously some states will enforce more than others but the one I’m in it’s supposedly a big deal according to ETLHR

LearningTree

Guest Experience
Got complianced yesterday cause I was in repacks up to my ears to find a toy and lost track of time. I literally missed it my 2 minutes. Why do they make you feel so guilty and dumb about it?
Because state regulatory auditors do not care that you "literally missed it by 2 minutes" and will fine the store thousands of dollars. It is not too much to ask that you keep track of your time and don't wait until the last minute to clock out.

Last edited:

Black Sheep 214

Kiss no butts, give no fox
Got complianced yesterday cause I was in repacks up to my ears to find a toy and lost track of time. I literally missed it my 2 minutes. Why do they make you feel so guilty and dumb about it?
Because Target gets fined for compliance violations and Spot is all about the money. Just be careful not to do it again, set the alarm on your zebra and leave early enough so that if a guest stops you on the way to the time clock you will still have time to make it. You’re not dumb, you just made a mistake, that’s all. A lot of people miss compliance once, but that talking to in the HR office is a great motivator not to do it again...

Sloth

Market
Easy solution is to just log into MyAlerts and select Leader on Duty alerts. It'll ping you for meal alerts. Just lower the volume a bit.
because 2 minutes or 2 hours, target is fined by regulators and your store gets penalized (metrics etc)
The fines are pretty big, which is why I don't understand why TMs aren't sent alerts when they're approaching meal or clock out times. Why is that reserved for LOD alerts?

Surely it'd be cheaper to have their developers add that functionality in than to pay the fines. So they either don't care all that much or they're incompetent.

Last edited:

JohnSith373

“Don’t call CSC, find JohnSith373”
Easy solution is to just log into MyAlerts and select Leader on Duty alerts. It'll ping you for meal alerts. Just lower the volume a bit.
The fines are pretty big, which is why I don't understand why TMs aren't sent alerts when they're approaching meal or clock out times. Why is that reserved for LOD alerts?

Surely it'd be cheaper to have their developers add that functionality in than to pay the fines. So they either don't care all that much or they're incompetent.
Randomly on the PDA, it would alert the TM that the meal is approaching. We only signed into redwire Flexible Fulfillment. We never knew why it did it randomly but sometimes it was helpful.

Randomly on the PDA, it would alert the TM that the meal is approaching. We only signed into redwire Flexible Fulfillment. We never knew why it did it randomly but sometimes it was helpful.
If it was a TM keyed as Flex it would pop alerts for them, in my experience.

Requesting anyway to go from Epick to MyWork with a DPCI for advanced item investigation would be awesome.

Displaying current OH and last delivery date in Epick would be awesome too.
Your wish is granted! This is also in the January release after freeze! The DPCI will be in blue to show it's a link. When you tap on it, it brings you into myWork to that item. Going back to ePick requires you to minimize the myWork app and select ePick again. Not quite the seamless in and out of myWork yet but it's getting there.

Last edited:

Amanda Cantwell

Guest Service & Photo
Your wish is granted! This is also in the January release after freeze! The DPCI will be in blue to show it's a link. When you tap on it, it brings you into myWork to that item. Going back to ePick requires you to minimize the myWork app and select ePick again. Not quite the seamless in and out of myWork yet but it's getting there.
How about mywork to audit?

Also could epick flex stickers have a line for what location the item is in and how many items in the order? (Or even better ask how many bags there are and put bag 1 of 2 for example)

Last edited:

PackAndCry

The request has been cleared.
How about mywork to audit?

Also could epick flex stickers have a line for what location the item is in and how many items in the order? (Or even better ask how many bags there are and put bag 1 of 2 for example)
The issue with that is that we can print extra stickers using Reprint and it'd be wrong if we did that (ie, if I printed one sticker then needed one for another bag and hit reprint, it'd say Bag 1 of 1 but it'd be in two bags). Having the location would be great since if we split it into multiple locations, it has us print stickers each time anyway, so it'd work.

As someone who knows nothing about programming, is this difficult? Cause it makes a ton of sense! Joe's TM number is logged in to a zebra, Joe hits his first alert for meal approaching and a notification pops up on screen that requires he click to close it. Small reminder for those who lose track of time, forced acknowledgment from those who like to flirt with danger. Second alert can even be larger or more angry. lol

Amanda Cantwell

Guest Service & Photo
The issue with that is that we can print extra stickers using Reprint and it'd be wrong if we did that (ie, if I printed one sticker then needed one for another bag and hit reprint, it'd say Bag 1 of 1 but it'd be in two bags). Having the location would be great since if we split it into multiple locations, it has us print stickers each time anyway, so it'd work.
well it could simply ask "How many bags are you using"
I agree printing location (and also number of items in order) would help

well it could simply ask "How many bags are you using"
I agree printing location (and also number of items in order) would help
The reason that we're not putting the hold location on the labels is because we're going to be moving the point where the labels will be printing. In Jan/Feb timeframe, the labels will print right after you scan a group of items to bag. Then you will hit a 'create label' button and then you'll scan the hold location. So because we won't know the hold location yet, we can't put it on the label.

On the bag comment, in March or so, the new Pickup app will be released and it will have the ability to scan out of hold. So we'll be adding barcodes to the labels we print during put to hold and those will be used in the Pickup app to scan to ensure the guest gets all of their bags/items.

Amanda Cantwell

Guest Service & Photo
The reason that we're not putting the hold location on the labels is because we're going to be moving the point where the labels will be printing. In Jan/Feb timeframe, the labels will print right after you scan a group of items to bag. Then you will hit a 'create label' button and then you'll scan the hold location. So because we won't know the hold location yet, we can't put it on the label.

On the bag comment, in March or so, the new Pickup app will be released and it will have the ability to scan out of hold. So we'll be adding barcodes to the labels we print during put to hold and those will be used in the Pickup app to scan to ensure the guest gets all of their bags/items.
That sounds great. It still would be ideal then if it could say bag 1 of X if items are being scanned into a group (bag). Also if for name it said Smith, John instead of just Smith. Especially during the holidays we had a lot of same last name orders.

RhettB

I've forgotten more than many young ETLs know.
As someone who knows nothing about programming, is this difficult? Cause it makes a ton of sense! Joe's TM number is logged in to a zebra, Joe hits his first alert for meal approaching and a notification pops up on screen that requires he click to close it. Small reminder for those who lose track of time, forced acknowledgment from those who like to flirt with danger. Second alert can even be larger or more angry. lol
During fourth quarter, this would not work as great of an idea as it is. The company will not invest in enough devices so everyone can have one.

Amanda Cantwell

Guest Service & Photo
During fourth quarter, this would not work as great of an idea as it is. The company will not invest in enough devices so everyone can have one.
Also wouldn’t work at GS where we just have 2-3 devices used by all of us. This is the tough part about programming— you have to consider all scenarios... something I think target could do better at

Let’s hope that the printer will
Work all the time ... too often we have “ printer failed “ popping up !

Make sure your printer's role says *ZPL (the asterisk is important)

If not, hit Menu>Role>highlight *ZPL and hit okay. That should restart the printer and set it to it's new role. (Apologies if I miss a step to get to Role).

PackAndCry

The request has been cleared.
Ours do this fairly often but when we hit Reprint it usually works. Figured out that if you scan the wrong printer and it fails, you can scan the correct printer on the "Print Failed" screen then hit Reprint and it'll print to the correct printer, so that's cool.

Make sure your printer's role says *ZPL (the asterisk is important)

If not, hit Menu>Role>highlight *ZPL and hit okay. That should restart the printer and set it to it's new role. (Apologies if I miss a step to get to Role).
We have 3 printer just for SFS , and yes they are on *ZPL , but still too often it fails to print ..
restarting the printer each time takes time !

Sloth

Market
It'd still work for all the TMs that have one. MyAlerts is great at my store, even when not every ETL or TL is logged in or carrying a Zebra to use it.