I'm honestly surprised that I didn't have to pull from the Valentine's Day crap this week for SFS/OPU. It came on a truck last week, God knows when we'll get it out (since we'll have to keep all our Christmas clearance out), but it's tied to a transition location so the store expects me to find it on the floor where Christmas still is, but it's God knows where on the steel. I know how to use the Wave, but this stuff is so hard to get to you have to climb on the steel once you get up there and I don't feel comfortable doing that. It's so frustrating.
"Go grab that $4.00 Valentines trinket! It's in one of the 30 boxes on one of the pallets shrink wrapped up on the steel... maybe."
And my store wonders why nobody has applied for the flex position for over 6 months.

Something nobody's mentioned that Target absolutely knows about since they've prioritized opu/sfs over actual guests.... sure in theory we should leave a product on the floor for the guest who comes in looking for it, but even if a guest walks in and asks for an instant pot and has it in their cart already... they might not buy it. Opu/sfs are way more likely to actually be a sale. Sfs more than opu, cause plenty of people just don't retrieve their order. But Target sees these avenues as more reliable sales than people strolling in and looking around.

Does INF change the count of an item? Seems to make sense if INF is triggered mutliple times, it should change to 0 automatically or at least prompts to change it at some point.

JohnSith373

Flexible Fulfillment Captain
Does INF change the count of an item? Seems to make sense if INF is triggered mutliple times, it should change to 0 automatically or at least prompts to change it at some point.
That make sense but this is Target. It doesn’t change the count but stops new sending it to the store.
INF once and that particular DPCI will stop new orders of the DPCI sent to the store to 24 hours. If it’s already in the current workload, you’ll just have to cancel it.
i.e There is 505(683) in the required workload at Dec 13 @ 7am. INF a T-Rex on Dec 13 @ 8:07am, new orders for the T-Rex won’t be sent to us until Dec 14 @ 8:07am. However, there is still more workload and the same T-Rex shows up in a batch later that day as it was sent before the initial INF.

Last edited:
Turns out people just stopped typing toys at my store so it's bizzaroworld trying to find toys since we have them all over the damn store now.

Not really but the descriptions are usually terrible and I look at the picture, the DCPI, the brand and everything to figure out what it wants. And bra sizes are clothing sizes last digit goes up or down with size.
We are adding more info to the picking page to help identify items better than the main item description. These pieces of info will be dept, brand, size, and color (if applicable). This will launch starting in January after freeze.

We are adding more info to the picking page to help identify items better than the main item description. These pieces of info will be dept, brand, size, and color (if applicable). This will launch starting in January after freeze.
Requesting anyway to go from Epick to MyWork with a DPCI for advanced item investigation would be awesome.

Displaying current OH and last delivery date in Epick would be awesome too.

This could be in the TTOTM: but it fits here in flex thread as well.. When processing Ship To Store, please, please for the love of fucking god look at the address label if the barcode does not scan.. The closing TM last night left six orders that were mis-delivered to us instead of Ship To Home. They were orders that just needed to go back on the USPS outbound spot or UPS Outbound spot, but no they left the open bags sitting at guest services and two packages were left and product was just gone.. One order we had the product the other? I just popped a note in the bag and will let the guest handle it, I just dropped the dime on my store.

WTF you dumb mutha fuckers..

LearningTree

Guest Experience
This could be in the TTOTM: but it fits here in flex thread as well.. When processing Ship To Store, please, please for the love of fucking god look at the address label if the barcode does not scan.. The closing TM last night left six orders that were mis-delivered to us instead of Ship To Home. They were orders that just needed to go back on the USPS outbound spot or UPS Outbound spot, but no they left the open bags sitting at guest services and two packages were left and product was just gone.. One order we had the product the other? I just popped a note in the bag and will let the guest handle it, I just dropped the dime on my store.

WTF you dumb mutha fuckers..
Ugh this! Made me want to bang my head against a wall because some people are either too dumb or too stupid to check the address label.

Got complianced yesterday cause I was in repacks up to my ears to find a toy and lost track of time. I literally missed it my 2 minutes. Why do they make you feel so guilty and dumb about it?

Amanda Cantwell

Guest Service & Photo
Got complianced yesterday cause I was in repacks up to my ears to find a toy and lost track of time. I literally missed it my 2 minutes. Why do they make you feel so guilty and dumb about it?
because 2 minutes or 2 hours, target is fined by regulators and your store gets penalized (metrics etc)