@mobilelady few suggestions for epick updates..
1. can we add ability to re-locate opu hold locations?
2. can we add function to re-print opu guest information labels? our printers go nuts at times and could really use a function to reprint after opu batches have been completed.
thanks!!

1. this is coming this summer via the Pickup app
2. We don't have the ability to reprint after the items have been put into hold because the barcodes hold info of what's in the bag. If we reprint later, there is more possibility of error if the old label isn't covered up. Also, there should be a unique label for 1 bag so you really shouldn't have to reprint much.
I miss where you can key in the number of labels you want, instead of having to hit Reprint for multiple bags. It’s annoying.

Like above, this makes me think you're doing the process wrong. You should be selecting only the items in the put to hold screen that you'll fit into 1 bag then hit 'create label'. This ensures that those items for that bag are tied to the barcode. This will be used in Pickup app when you start scanning bags out of hold for accuracy. You should never scan everything in your cart and print a label to be used across multiple bags. This will totally screw up the Pickup process when you start scanning out of hold.

Same. It made it a lot easier, especially since reprint sometimes fails on our opu printer

Reprint often fails when you're on the wrong config settings on the printer or you're using the wrong label type. Make sure these are correct.

I print out a label for each large item that gets stowed in our bulk hold locations. For small items I take a guess how many bags it will take. Scan all the items. Reprint as many labels as necessary plus one more if I'm not certain while walking to a hold location. Scan the hold location, then go back to bag, apply labels and put the items away.

This general method does not apply if things are slow and I have lots of time, in which case I'll scan, bag and print label for each bag. Then stow them in hold. It also does not apply when things are insane and there really isn't time. That's when I'll scan everything putting it the end of the service desk as I go, print A label, give my desk to the TM behind the desk to scan an empty hold location, then I'm off to the next pick. The GS TM uses the info on the one label to write stickies to place on any additional bags. Obviously, that is not best practice.

^^Don't do this! See my notes above! Yikes it will mess.you.up.

This. @mobilelady @taytay on the label having “bag X of Y, Z items in bag” would be very helpful for GSTMs.

This will not be on the label but you'll be able to see how many bags you need in the Pickup app when the ability to scan out of hold is rolled out (summer).

I would love substitutions. Could do like old school subs and percent match or match the price. If the guest doesn’t want the sub they can deny it within the app or at SD.

This is being talked about for 2020 for fresh grocery OPU/DU. Lots to be decided yet though before it actually happens.

2. We don't have the ability to reprint after the items have been put into hold because the barcodes hold info of what's in the bag. If we reprint later, there is more possibility of error if the old label isn't covered up. Also, there should be a unique label for 1 bag so you really shouldn't have to reprint much.

Like above, this makes me think you're doing the process wrong. You should be selecting only the items in the put to hold screen that you'll fit into 1 bag then hit 'create label'. This ensures that those items for that bag are tied to the barcode. This will be used in Pickup app when you start scanning bags out of hold for accuracy. You should never scan everything in your cart and print a label to be used across multiple bags. This will totally screw up the Pickup process when you start scanning out of hold.

Reprint often fails when you're on the wrong config settings on the printer or you're using the wrong label type. Make sure these are correct.

This will not be on the label but you'll be able to see how many bags you need in the Pickup app when the ability to scan out of hold is rolled out (summer).

This is being talked about for 2020 for fresh grocery OPU/DU. Lots to be decided yet though before it actually happens.
Nothing was ever communicated to the team (my store anyway) about the purpose of the barcode. With the new info from this site I see now about the barcode. I’ve started doing it the future correct way to get used to it.

Ugh. Double Ugh. Triple fucking Ugh. We don't do that because we want to. We do it because we have to. We have 30 minutes to pick and stow the order no matter how large, no matter what the items are. I had a 26(41) order the other day. It included, amongst other things, 3 bulk paper towels, 2 bulk toilet papers, 6 12-packs of soda, 2 24-packs of bottled water, 5 jugs of vinegar, and 3 packs of diapers.

In what fairy tale world that corporate lives in do I have time to get all that shit and print out a separate label for each item one at a time so that it can be stowed in hold individually? It's not happening, especially not with the focus being on goal time acheived percentage. Your new way of scanning everything out is going to result in one, and only one item, getting a proper label. The rest will get a sticky note slapped on.

If you want the job done right, give us the time to do it. Otherwise, we are going to make do. Just please stop working against us.

@seasonaldude is right on the money. Scan 12pk of soda, hit print label, put the label on, hit OK, scan the shelf, scan the next 12pk, put the label on, hit OK, scan the shelf, repeat 8 more times. Yall are doing everything you can to increase our pick times, while decreasing goal times. Something's gotta give, and it'll be guest satisfaction I guarantee it.

@seasonaldude is right on the money. Scan 12pk of soda, hit print label, put the label on, hit OK, scan the shelf, scan the next 12pk, put the label on, hit OK, scan the shelf, repeat 8 more times. Yall are doing everything you can to increase our pick times, while decreasing goal times. Something's gotta give, and it'll be guest satisfaction I guarantee it.
Why not just reprint the label?

Ugh. Double Ugh. Triple fucking Ugh. We don't do that because we want to. We do it because we have to. We have 30 minutes to pick and stow the order no matter how large, no matter what the items are. I had a 26(41) order the other day. It included, amongst other things, 3 bulk paper towels, 2 bulk toilet papers, 6 12-packs of soda, 2 24-packs of bottled water, 5 jugs of vinegar, and 3 packs of diapers.

In what fairy tale world that corporate lives in do I have time to get all that shit and print out a separate label for each item one at a time so that it can be stowed in hold individually? It's not happening, especially not with the focus being on goal time acheived percentage. Your new way of scanning everything out is going to result in one, and only one item, getting a proper label. The rest will get a sticky note slapped on.

If you want the job done right, give us the time to do it. Otherwise, we are going to make do. Just please stop working against us.

Also add in having to dance around the salvage, the guest service TM"s trying to hang all the softlines crap that comes from the fitting room all the carts of that crap the Z-rack that they are hanging clothes on, squeeze around the fucking patio sets stuffed in our little side room leaving only room for fucking gumby to get to the other end of the room. And make sure you help guests while are there! All while orders keep fucking dropping one every minute or so.

We either jam the shit into a hold location as quickly as possible or we INF that shit cause goal times! Goal times over anything else!

How many stores have an area that is large enough and with the ability to to properly located all the different types of orders? The area directly behind the guest service registers may look like a "hotel" but behind the wall it looks like a horder's room.

How many stores have an area that is large enough and with the ability to to properly located all the different types of orders? The area directly behind the guest service registers may look like a "hotel" but behind the wall it looks like a horder's room.

Yep and they want the giant boxes from the patio set stuffed back there too. This is the argument we are having right now, its either find another place for them or they sit out front but this hotel bullshit is just that bullshit. We are NOT A FUCKING MOTEL!!!! And motels are set up to hide shit guests should not see..

We are lucky we have space for bulk items in a seperate area upfront not behind gs. It still sucks to go get the items but they arent all shoved where they cant fit.

We are lucky we have space for bulk items in a seperate area upfront not behind gs. It still sucks to go get the items but they arent all shoved where they cant fit.

We have that space. But, it's too small because of drive ups. Our bulk storage is overflowing with cat litter, paper towels, water and diapers.

I just really want to see goal times increase back to 1 hour and individual sub cart scanning in P&S to come back. Stop fucking shit up that works Target... oh wait, you don’t listen anyway.
Why do you like the subcart locations for SFS? I love the new system where it just paths through the cart without having to scan every location. I’m also a smaller SFS store so 3-5 carts a day max.

Please make sure pickup has a way to bypass/override barcode scan in case an error is made...

Why do you like the subcart locations for SFS? I love the new system where it just paths through the cart without having to scan every location. I’m also a smaller SFS store so 3-5 carts a day max.
I’m part of a larger SFS and I think scanning sub carts was a waste of time that often led to items (sub cart locations being missed). The app still tells you where the items are scanned to.

I understand you may want to pack certain items first, but avoiding all that extra scanning is much more efficient in the long run.

But the barcode is just one order , so how will it create an error if you reprint the label? So even if I have 20 dpci for that same guest the same info will be on each label no?

We had about
But the barcode is just one order , so how will it create an error if you reprint the label? So even if I have 20 dpci for that same guest the same info will be on each label no?

I'm assuming that when scan to pickup happens it will automatically close out the order when all labels get scanned..so 5 bags in different locations with the same label will get closed out when you scan the first bag and now you don't know where the other 4 bags are at

I think the confusion right now with the opu labels comes from not every store being updated? Like, we've got barcodes on our labels but they only print once everything in the order is scanned right now. Unless I'm missing some sort of button or prompt on epick?

I think the confusion right now with the opu labels comes from not every store being updated? Like, we've got barcodes on our labels but they only print once everything in the order is scanned right now. Unless I'm missing some sort of button or prompt on epick?

IIRC, theres a button that allows you to put some items on hold on whatever you already scanned. After that, you go back and scan in the rest. This way will give multiple barcodes with different information of whats in the bag (side note: this may take more time to do). This allows you to have multiple hold locations.

It don't allow you to do that when you scan everything in someone's order, so you only get 1 barcode that shows everything scanned. This only allows 1 hold location.

Last edited:
IIRC, theres a button that allows you to put some items on hold on whatever you already scanned.
I haven't seen this option on our epick apps yet. So I guess we just havent been updated completely
Or me and my teammates are all blind, which is completely possible. But I'll check more thoroughly when I work next, since I'm really curious now.

Back