I don't understand this at all. You'd rather INF stuff that a guest ordered, because it said it was available at the store for pickup, them miss some arbitrary goal time someone in Minneapolis set? Am I reading that right? If that's the kind of service Target is pushing, I guess it's sadder than I ever thought.

Yes, we would rather INF, than miss goal time. Thats the new focus. I had this conversation with my ETL about this, during Q4.

With modernization, you have alot more to deal with than what Target was in the past. Backrooms are filled to the brim with vehicles of mismatched products. I'd love to see a store doing well with this new process, but my store is doing a pretty terrible job at it. With a truck daily, there isn't any cooldown period to recover. Theres only soo much you can do, and seeking help from TLs is a crapshoot at best. They're still setting planos late, and some of their transition product is lost somewhere. I could spend 20-30 mins to pull down that palletized transition boxes, which includes figuring out how to get the crown in position (vehicles needing to be moved, overstuffed u-boats, slightest movement causes a fall of boxes, etc.)

You can't have it both ways, so I would INF. We don't have the time in this environment.

Yes, we would rather INF, than miss goal time. Thats the new focus. I had this conversation with my ETL about this, during Q4.

With modernization, you have alot more to deal with than what Target was in the past. Backrooms are filled to the brim with vehicles of mismatched products. I'd love to see a store doing well with this new process, but my store is doing a pretty terrible job at it. With a truck daily, there isn't any cooldown period to recover. Theres only soo much you can do, and seeking help from TLs is a crapshoot at best. They're still setting planos late, and some of their transition product is lost somewhere. I could spend 20-30 mins to pull down that palletized transition boxes, which includes figuring out how to get the crown in position (vehicles needing to be moved, overstuffed u-boats, slightest movement causes a fall of boxes, etc.)

You can't have it both ways, so I would INF. We don't have the time in this environment.

I'm not judging the individual sfs TMS. I'm second guessing the whole company focus.

If I looked online and it said that Smithtown Target had 26 not on sale widgets and I put in a drive up order for 1, I'd be pretty pissed to get an email saying I'd have to wait now while it comes from Greentown 5 days later. Then, let's say I actually go in Smithtown the next day and they are magically on the shelf. That some pretty shitty service there.

I'm not judging the individual sfs TMS. I'm second guessing the whole company focus.

If I looked online and it said that Smithtown Target had 26 not on sale widgets and I put in a drive up order for 1, I'd be pretty pissed to get an email saying I'd have to wait now while it comes from Greentown 5 days later. Then, let's say I actually go in Smithtown the next day and they are magically on the shelf. That some pretty shitty service there.

I agree, but there isn't much we can do about that company focus. Its a problem, because the leaders at alot of stores are more upset about missed goal times, rather than making sure the store is actually in good shape. I won't be surprised if the focus is being pushed from above the store-level. Metrics is all the rave now. As a result, you have many people whom are probably upset about cancelled items.

I agree, but there isn't much we can do about that company focus. Its a problem, because the leaders at alot of stores are more upset about missed goal times, rather than making sure the store is actually in good shape. I won't be surprised if the focus is being pushed from above the store-level. Metrics is all the rave now. As a result, you have many people whom are probably upset about cancelled items.

Oh, I agree. It all comes from above by people who have never done sfs, opus, or drive up. They probably think we leisurely stroll around with birds and butterflies flitting about.

I think I'm alone tomorrow morning the whole day. My breakfast in a few hours (I can never sleep when I have to work first shift), I anticipate it will be my last meal as I will likely die tomorrow trying to keep up.

I've always thought they should give the guest a "pick up" time, similar to when you order a pizza to go pick up at a store. Any time less than 30 minutes is greyed out and can't be selected, but if it's 10:00 am and you're just placing your pizza order to be picked up and ready at 5:00pm you can do that. It's not like they bake a 10am pizza and leave it on the burner for 7 hours. Spot should do the same. If a guest needs it "ASAP" they could choose that as an option and we'd fulfill it in 30 minutes or less. Otherwise they can set a "pick-up" time, and that would allow us to not have to rush around the store looking for a 10 -pack of BOLD COLORED MARKERS, when they won't even be picking it up until Tuesday after Little -Tim's soccer practice.
Sounds like what IKEA has when I purchased a dresser online for pick up. I had to select a time frame that I would be picking up my order. If I didn't show up within so many hours of my order then it was cavelled

Forget INF. OPU goal times are doomed tomorrow morning trying to catch up to today's orders.
Not to mention the 25% off online clothing sale that was today only. But I must admit that I ordered a couple items from the sale. I mean 25% off C9 items on top of our other discounts and red card, thats just over 48% off. But I didn't order from the store I work at.

Worked sfs today. We had a strong picking crew so Made it out alive with a 3% inf score. Not too bad other than the 8 straight hours of picking.

Started at 6AM with only myself. 170 OPU, 500 SFS. Help came in at 11 but still struggled. Kinda just gave up because if the LODs don’t care, why should I? I warned them the workload would be brutal on Monday. Either schedule someone on Easter to come in or double the coverage the next day. But nooooooo...

Last edited:
Started at 6AM with only myself. 170 OPU, 500 SFS. Help came in at 11 but still struggled. Kinda just gave up because of the LODs don’t care, why should I? I warned them the workload would be brutal on Monday. Either schedule someone on Easter to come in or double the coverage the next day. But nooooooo...
OPU wasn't too bad at our store today. I don't think I've ever walked into 170 OPUs before o_O

How many people do you have picking? My team usually has 2 people come in a 6am, then 1 in at 8am, 1 in at 12pm, then the closer comes in at 2pm. We struggle when we start at 450 eaches.
Today I had 4 of them start at 6 am so 5 with me .1 more at 10, one at 11 and then my closer at 5 . My receiver did the opus and drive up before 8 . All of them had full shifts

Not to mention the 25% off online clothing sale that was today only. But I must admit that I ordered a couple items from the sale. I mean 25% off C9 items on top of our other discounts and red card, thats just over 48% off. But I didn't order from the store I work at.
Did you order a women’s dark tank top (black or grey), black shorts, and a long sleeve zip up? If so, thanks for the two INFs - we only had the tank top buried amongst hanging softlines backstock.

Just kidding, because as others have said INFs don’t mean much to the higher ups these days. I think it’s sad and extremely NOT guest focused. When I order online I want everything I ordered and for it to arrive without anything damaged. I only care about the time if I happen to choose expedited shipping.

We’ve been so focused on pick times and sort times that they’ve pulled people with little or no packing experience to help out. I can’t wait to look at the damage report in a couple of weeks.

Back