Was able to test it again, today. Had to pause a cart shortly after starting it to take over OPU. Whoever took over that cart INFed some items and they show up under my name on MPM.

Okay, today I took over the paused carts and the INFs still went to my name. So all I can assume is that it works out to get me the INF no matter what. No actual system 😂

No actual system
Maybe it's timed? Like...cart is under person #1's name until they've been out of it for X amount of time then whoever jumps into it takes over "ownership". So INFs will land under one name or the other depending on if it's been like...30 minutes or less since the cart was paused. Just my thoughts on it, I've never actually tested it.

I don't understand this at all. You'd rather INF stuff that a guest ordered, because it said it was available at the store for pickup, them miss some arbitrary goal time someone in Minneapolis set? Am I reading that right? If that's the kind of service Target is pushing, I guess it's sadder than I ever thought.

No. You are misunderstanding. I hate INFing. My GSTL showed me everyone's INF rate for the fiscal year so far the other day. (He probably shouldn't have done that.) Mine is under 3% for OPUs. Everyone else at the store is above 5%. I will go all out trying to fulfill orders. That's especially true with the new OP model because if OPU can't find things in a section, the DBOs of that section are going to get grief for it from TLs who get grief for it from ETLs and the STL who get grief for it from the DTL. Shit rolls downhill and I'd rather not have it roll down to my TMs who have enough other stuff to worry about right now.

But, I also have to tend to my own picked on time metric. If I miss goal time for a 40 item order, I'm not going to recover from that. My goal time will be red for the day. So, I'm going to try to fulfill every item in the order. But, those items that I skip because they aren't where they should be, well, I can only look for them for so long....When the goal time approaching alert comes in, the search for the problem items is going to get wrapped up quickly and it's off to scan the items I did find in.

I don't understand this at all. You'd rather INF stuff that a guest ordered, because it said it was available at the store for pickup, them miss some arbitrary goal time someone in Minneapolis set? Am I reading that right? If that's the kind of service Target is pushing, I guess it's sadder than I ever thought.
Welcome to Target under Brian. I’ve been ordered to cancel something so that goal doesn’t miss. 🙄🙄

Like everyone else, I would love to fulfill it because we used to do that at my store; Fulfill all items over goal time. But since the new year, it’s goal time over fulfillment. Very rarely will an ETL give anyone on SFS permission to ignore goal to fulfill, it’s more often cancel it because we can’t miss goal.

A bit random, but how long does a typical 40 item OPU take you? (For the sake of this example, let’s say that it’s mostly grocery with some H+B + diapers or something. No Softlines, and open/backstock like 5 casepacks).

I’m just trying to gauge me and my teams speed.
I would say 15-20 minutes i did a drive just yesterday with 44 dpci and 47 eaches no Inf and my batch had exactly that grocery some hba, hipa and cosm

Like everyone else, I would love to fulfill it because we used to do that at my store; Fulfill all items over goal time. But since the new year, it’s goal time over fulfillment. Very rarely will an ETL give anyone on SFS permission to ignore goal to fulfill, it’s more often cancel it because we can’t miss goal.
I tell my team spend the time and find all than worry about pick on time and I’ll take the fall for it

A bit random, but how long does a typical 40 item OPU take you? (For the sake of this example, let’s say that it’s mostly grocery with some H+B + diapers or something. No Softlines, and open/backstock like 5 casepacks).

I’m just trying to gauge me and my teams speed.

Even with your variables, that's just really going to depend. For me grocery is going to get done quickly. HBA could take more time. We have a seperate backroom for it and it's always a mess to navigate through. Diapers could be an issue if we need to get the wave to get things down from the top shelves of the diaper wall and move other vehicles out of the way so the wave can get in there.

Basically, if the backroom is clean, that's going to take 15 minutes. A few more if the wave is needed. But, since the backroom is basically just a gigantic OSHA violation at the moment, I'd likely be pushing goal time on that order right now. I could make it, but any problem items would need to be INFed instead of fully researched.

Especially bc I can confirm as a GSTM that most guests wait at least a day or two to pick up their items
True, but with our ETLs hounding is with goal time approaching, our metrics will TANK if we miss goal on 40 items. You can’t recover from that. And it’s not like we’re INFing half the batch. It’ll be one or two items, and if your INFs are already low for that day, it won’t make too much of a difference.

Especially bc I can confirm as a GSTM that most guests wait at least a day or two to pick up their items

That changes with drive ups. The big drive up orders tend to show up quickly after we fulfill them at my store. I still think a half an hour for goal time is insane, but the big drive up guests do come by quickly. Our fullfillment speed is a big attraction for them. They comment on it routinely. If we do have to INF something, my regulars will just quickly submit a second order for a similar product.

That changes with drive ups. The big drive up orders tend to show up quickly after we fulfill them at my store. I still think a half an hour for goal time is insane, but the big drive up guests do come by quickly. Our fullfillment speed is a big attraction for them. They comment on it routinely. If we do have to INF something, my regulars will just quickly submit a second order for a similar product.
This I can confirm with an example. Had to cancel a can of mild enchilada sauce because I couldn’t find it, and five minutes later the person reordered for a can of medium enchilada sauce, which we had. I did them a favor canceling the mild sauce; who wants enchiladas with no kick??

This I can confirm with an example. Had to cancel a can of mild enchilada sauce because I couldn’t find it, and five minutes later the person reordered for a can of medium enchilada sauce, which we had. I did them a favor canceling the mild sauce; who wants enchiladas with no kick??

Yup. Happened to me twice today. Couldn't find a gift bag. Guest quickly submitted an order for another one. And, a regular ordered some Up & Up garbage bags. We didn't have that exact DPCI so she just ordered the same size but with a different count. Wish I could have just given the second one a larger pack of garbage bags rather than INFing. She's a daily drive up guest and incredibly nice. But, can't do that. I could if she asked in store as a guest to make it right for the guest though.

I kinda feel like. We should have split OPUs & DUs. Like a Rush OPU, within an hour. And then Next Day or after OPUs which should be fulfilled by 8am the next day. Just spit balling, I’m also tipsy on wine so...

I wish they would make an update on when you click the list of tasks that you could click on the item and it would bring you there instead of skipping. My store's pathing has been crazy since our remodel.
That would be nice. Sometimes I’ll take a pic of the task list with my phone, then will follow my own path to pick items (checking dpcis with mywork), and then will actually scan them with epick.

ETL has asked me before why I still had so many items to pick according to his zebra. I tell him that I really only have a few items left to find. Then, within two minutes the batch is nearly complete.

In your store maybe. I have put an item into hold and went to pull another batch or two again putting stuff in hold and guest is picking it up. That is a pretty extreme, but stuff I have put into hold in the morning I will see it going out that afternoon. We do booming OPU business since we don't have drive up.

I wish with opus we had the option to substitute items. Sometimes guests dont care what color or size but pick one to order. If the substitution is bad, the guest can deny it at any point or at pickup. We make sales, guests are happy.
I would love substitutions. Could do like old school subs and percent match or match the price. If the guest doesn’t want the sub they can deny it within the app or at SD.

I kinda feel like. We should have split OPUs & DUs. Like a Rush OPU, within an hour. And then Next Day or after OPUs which should be fulfilled by 8am the next day. Just spit balling, I’m also tipsy on wine so...

I've always thought they should give the guest a "pick up" time, similar to when you order a pizza to go pick up at a store. Any time less than 30 minutes is greyed out and can't be selected, but if it's 10:00 am and you're just placing your pizza order to be picked up and ready at 5:00pm you can do that. It's not like they bake a 10am pizza and leave it on the burner for 7 hours. Spot should do the same. If a guest needs it "ASAP" they could choose that as an option and we'd fulfill it in 30 minutes or less. Otherwise they can set a "pick-up" time, and that would allow us to not have to rush around the store looking for a 10 -pack of BOLD COLORED MARKERS, when they won't even be picking it up until Tuesday after Little -Tim's soccer practice.

when it's replaced with something else last minute.
Last minute shoppers have become the bane of my existence.
Like...xmas eve you want a gingerbread house!? Here's this broken one I found lodged under a cart, ma'am.
Well no, we dont have more Paw Patrol valentines left an hour before your kid's school party!
Oh we're out of marshmallow bunnies on a stick the day before Easter...well oops, sorry dude.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back