Also I know some of those changes are already coming, I just listed what I thought would be ideal overall moving forward comparatively to what we have now

Also do we get a timer or time stamp so we know what order or priority. I hate when I’m in a batch of orders and one is about to go over but I can’t put in to hold because I’m stuck on another order it batches together.

Yes a timer for the oldest order will be added to the work selection screen for OPU and also while picking. This is just for OPU though. Countdown will start as soon as the order drops to your store.

Can we get some information on what’s going on in the near future about having to fulfill frozen/dairy basically stuff in coolers & freezers.

Fresh grocery is only HQ facing at the moment in 7 test stores in Minneapolis area. It will likely expand to all Minneapolis stores this summer and possibly another market this fall. But only TM facing. Guest-facing will likely wait until 2020.

@mobilelady Thanks for all the info you've been posting here. I'm glad you give us a bit of a "heads-up". Although, pretty much everything you've mentioned as being added seems like it's going to hurt SFS and OPU. I guess time will tell.

The mapping tool seems pretty pointless unless you are a new team member learning the lay of the land. I wonder how some of the "updates" get priority over others? Why build a map that shows your path, but not allow users to create a custom route?

Definitely don't want enhancements to hurt SFS/OPU so if it is once it gets to you let us know! The idea behind the map is to not only help new TMs but to allow for dynamic pathing in the future. This is just step one. Next would be being able to tap on a location to start from there and getting re-pathed and next would be using RFID to pinpoint NOP locations on the SF for easier findability.

Just letting us choose between starting the path at the service desk and starting it in the backroom would be amazing for OPU. It seems like it's more efficient when you're done with one FA, skipping and starting your picking at the closest location to the service desk instead of closest to the backroom.

Next would be being able to tap on a location to start from there and getting re-pathed and next would be using RFID to pinpoint NOP locations on the SF for easier findability.

OMG, YES please! LOL I remember talking about this with my lead when I first started. This is one of those "pipe dream" enhancements for me. Seriously, even the thought that you are thinking about adding this makes me ecstatic!

Finding one of an item on the floor when ePick wants two should not auto INF the 2nd item
YES! You find an item, scan it, 2 needed, but you only see one where you're at. You hit 1, but now you can't look elsewhere for another.

Also, still want to be able to pick from the item locate screen (when using the rfid wand/gun). Having to toggle back to the main item screen is a bit irritating. ;)

@mobilelady I have a few questions that I hope you can answer as I have a feeling there will be a lack of communication to our SFS team on some of the upcoming changes. Am I correct in printing a label for OPU/DU orders for each individual bag/large item, whether or not they all are held in the same location? If I have 3 bags, 2 large rolls of paper towels, and 3 12 packs of the same brand pop, don't I need a total of 8 different labels? I should not be scanning in the 2 rolls of paper towels, then hitting create label, and then reprinting the same label so they both have one, correct? I should create a label for each roll. This is the way I have been doing it since the change was made. And what happens when a guest picks up an order where the label was handwritten, perhaps because the printer ran out of paper or just won't print? Will there be issues picking up those orders? There are instances when the system "thinks" a label was printed, but for whatever reason, one had to be handwritten, can guest service override the requirement to scan the label?

On the removal of 30 items per batch and basing batch size on what will fit in one cart--you mentioned that the system will "suggest" a location based on the item's size. Does this mean that individual orders will not be suggested to be placed in the same subcart location? Could one order have multiple items spread out all over the cart? This will certainly add to the amount of time needed to pack the cart. Will the system only place one item in each subcart location? I would like a little further info on this. And since you mentioned this change, I have been watching the suggested box size when packing my orders, and I can tell you it is wrong 50% of the time. And we do not have time to let the CSC know of possible dimension issues. When I am packing a 20 piece order, how do I know which item's dimension is wrong, therefore giving me a wrong box size. Target loves to make our job more laborious (the prep scan, the sort scan to name a few) and we certainly do not have time to keep a log for this.

Any insight you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Must be an epidemic going around. We had to damage out a bunch of ship to store today. Lots of shoes were in that bunch.
Funny, we were encouraged to put shoes in bags because it cost less than shipping a box. My thought was “Whatever you say, but don’t blame the packers when you look at the damage report in a few weeks.”
Apparently the bottom line takes priority over guests having a positive experience now.

Question:
Our cosmetics backstock has never been linked to epick. If it shows up in a batch it will only send you to the floor. We have to go into MyWork to see if it is located in beauty backstock.
If we put in a ticket with CSC could this be resolved?

Uh yeah.
That doesn't make any sense, so if that's actually happening you'll want to call that in and be as descriptive as possible with dpcis locations batch times cart name
Thanks! It’s been a thing for several years regardless of batch info (even in the old PDA days of SFS); just told to deal with it. I imagine it’s because those locations are all “99S” instead of “99B.” I’ll look into getting a ticket in the next day I work.

THANK YOU AGAIN!

I have a question on how pick and pack productivity is calculated. Is it your average from the whole day or do they look at each batch separately? At one point today I looked at my pick productivity and it was 79 then later it was at 54. My pack was at 170 earlier in the day but when I looked at it right before I left it was only 87. Yesterday at one point my pack was at 207 but again, later in the day it was 142. My pick yesterday was 77 and then later only 31.

We were told goal for pick is 40 and pack is 100, so will I be coached for the times it was lower than those, or is it fine because my overall average meets those goals?

I have a question on how pick and pack productivity is calculated. Is it your average from the whole day or do they look at each batch separately? At one point today I looked at my pick productivity and it was 79 then later it was at 54. My pack was at 170 earlier in the day but when I looked at it right before I left it was only 87. Yesterday at one point my pack was at 207 but again, later in the day it was 142. My pick yesterday was 77 and then later only 31.

We were told goal for pick is 40 and pack is 100, so will I be coached for the times it was lower than those, or is it fine because my overall average meets those goals?

It's overall and meaningless in small sample sizes. If they coach you for one day, they are idiots. They really shouldn't even look at that at all. Leaders can get a report that show total units picked and INF percentage for each TM. That will tell them what they need to know.

Newsflash , at least for me .. I need to let SFs tm fail at their tasks , I can not rescue them to find an item when the goal time is approaching , or when a batch is over 20 for an OPU and I usually jump in ..
It saddens me , they want to coach them , and eventually fire them for not meeting expectations ... why put them in this situation ? There are a few TMs that are too slow for SFS , why not put them somewhere else where they could excel ? Why move them to SFS in the first place when they were hired for guest service or softline ?
Our metrics are going to tank ... so for me it doesn’t make sense !

@mobilelady can we please please please get a button when picking from casepack to just “grab from floor” or can we get some sort of ‘smart’ counting that first sends us to whatevers located in openstock, then if we only need a few more it can just send us to the floor instead of opening a casepack of 12. I think thats SFS’ biggest issue here that interferes with pick time as well as directly effects BRLA and SF accuracy when not done correctly.

Newsflash , at least for me .. I need to let SFs tm fail at their tasks , I can not rescue them to find an item when the goal time is approaching , or when a batch is over 20 for an OPU and I usually jump in ..
It saddens me , they want to coach them , and eventually fire them for not meeting expectations ... why put them in this situation ? There are a few TMs that are too slow for SFS , why not put them somewhere else where they could excel ? Why move them to SFS in the first place when they were hired for guest service or softline ?
Our metrics are going to tank ... so for me it doesn’t make sense !
Who are your designated Fulfillment experts? You know the ones that gets full time hours or close to it? They have to be the one to take a lead to training/mentor anyone all that come to our workcenter or help for a bit. If they can’t multitask what’s the point that’s a coaching haha.

The amount is something I'm not worry about its the fken patio furniture. Ever since no backroom they keep on calling us Flex to get shyt for them especially seasonal dining sets they think we can magically have the power to get it quick for guest first already in store. 4 DPCIs 2 like $300 the other 2 $200 haha one tm pull quick $1k.

Had a team member come up to me today and straight up said "I'm not doing that OPU." 80 eaches. RIP.

I will do it, I give no fucks, but I would be on the radio to my TL or ETL depending on who is there. "hey can you go to three", "Yeah I have the OPU from the pit of hell, 80 DCPI, so this will take a while." My TL understands and my ETL is starting to understand. I can only hope she is.

I will do it, I give no fucks, but I would be on the radio to my TL or ETL depending on who is there. "hey can you go to three", "Yeah I have the OPU from the pit of hell, 80 DCPI, so this will take a while." My TL understands and my ETL is starting to understand. I can only hope she is.
Hope it works out for you and your ETL gets that much needed clue. At my store “my ETL” and “understand” could never appear in the same sentence, at least not unaccompanied by the words “doesn’t” or “can’t “.😂

@mobilelady can we please please please get a button when picking from casepack to just “grab from floor” or can we get some sort of ‘smart’ counting that first sends us to whatevers located in openstock, then if we only need a few more it can just send us to the floor instead of opening a casepack of 12. I think thats SFS’ biggest issue here that interferes with pick time as well as directly effects BRLA and SF accuracy when not done correctly.
I’ve been asking for this since last year! It’s especially problematic at back to school. Opening a case of erasers or glue sticks to get 3 when there are 300 in a bin on the floor. Then, you can’t sweep that carton of erasers back on a sweep now because you broke the vendor case pack :/

Back