I placed an order, and then the next day passed by a SFS Tm who asked if I ordered something (which I had)...he says cool...I just packed it. ;) I guess he recognized my name. So...I was assuming that couldn't happen, for conflict of interest reasons...but, I guess it does.

Just wondering, if using the example of the woman getting a PlayStation in her online order that she did not order, is it Target's policy not to send an employee's online order to the same store that they work? If I place an online order would they NOT send it to my store to fulfill, to insure that I did not end up picking my order and then adding a few extra items to the box? No item is worth my job, but it might be tempting to someone else. Just wondering if anyone knows for sure.

I wondered about this and also doing an OPU. A few months ago there was something I wanted to buy online (I think there was a coupon/cartwheel only only type sale) but I didn’t place the order because it was early in the AM and I was the first one scheduled so I knew I would be picking my own order and that seemed super sketchy to me, but when I mentioned it to my ETL to see if they would honor the online price if I purchased in store, he looked at me like I was crazy and said that I could definitely pick my own order. I know the service desk is supposed to check to order to verify? But they don’t always.

Just wondering, if using the example of the woman getting a PlayStation in her online order that she did not order, is it Target's policy not to send an employee's online order to the same store that they work? If I place an online order would they NOT send it to my store to fulfill, to insure that I did not end up picking my order and then adding a few extra items to the box? No item is worth my job, but it might be tempting to someone else. Just wondering if anyone knows for sure.

I pick my own orders quite a bit. I don't see an issue with that and my store knows I do it. I do not process myself out in Pickup though. I stand in line at the service desk like any normal guest to pick up my orders. The latter sometimes annoys the service desk TMs and they tell me to just process it before I leave for the day. But, doing that is a no for me. Someone else needs to check the bag.

pack and ship won't let you pack your own order.

I'm assuming they mean scanning the items and barcodes and sorting while still having the items on the carts and praying the carrier is late. I hate when I have to do it, too, but when the OPUs build up between 3-4:30 from all the Karens ordering stuff at the office to pick up on their way home and you can't get help (or you're guilt-tripped so badly for it that you say "OK, I'll try to fake pack instead of pulling them off the floor" to avoid passive-aggressiveness), it has to be done. And it probably provides the answer to @seasonaldude's question about how you get a PlayStation in the wrong box 😄
Yeah, it's become an almost a chronic habit at our store to make our metrics look like they're on time, but then there's like 4-5 carts that still actually need to be packed, and usually most of that won't make it on the truck that day. It feels dirty and frustrating

Yeah, it's become an almost a chronic habit at our store to make our metrics look like they're on time, but then there's like 4-5 carts that still actually need to be packed, and usually most of that won't make it on the truck that day. It feels dirty and frustrating

I despise it when people at my store attempt to fake pack (In reality, it's only the ETLs who do it).

I get it, the DSD is up their asses about metrics, but faking them only makes Spot think that we are actually completing our workload on the amount of payroll we're given. Then the stores who aren't making pack times are getting told "other stores have figured it out, why haven't you?"

I despise it when people at my store attempt to fake pack (In reality, it's only the ETLs who do it).

I get it, the DSD is up their asses about metrics, but faking them only makes Spot think that we are actually completing our workload on the amount of payroll we're given. Then the stores who aren't making pack times are getting told "other stores have figured it out, why haven't you?"

The sheer amount of metrics my store manages to find ways to fake is staggering. They've been faking more and more. It just keeps building up. It's complete chaos at this point. I was talking to a GM TL whose been at the store for over 25 years. He said he's never seen anything like it or how it can all get fixed. There's apparently no plan in place other than hoping that somehow things magically improve.

If we can fake pack, we can certainly fake sort as well. Sometimes UPS comes early like at 300 or 330. But technically we have until 430 to sort. So many packages will be sorted today, but we won't scan out the pallet until tomorrow and we are still green on the sort metric. Target should demand that UPS never come for a pickup before 430. It shouldn't be up to UPS to determine if a package is sent out on time. And on Saturdays, they come by noon. So nothing goes out from that point on until Monday afternoon. The only metric that we could not fake was the pick on time. That one showed the true measure of your team. Not the packing or sorting. And although we do it (because our TL and ETL tell us), I hate faking the metrics. It paints the wrong picture. Just like a hurried clean up of the store before an announced visit. We are only setting ourselves up for continued failure in the long run.

If we can fake pack, we can certainly fake sort as well. Sometimes UPS comes early like at 300 or 330. But technically we have until 430 to sort. So many packages will be sorted today, but we won't scan out the pallet until tomorrow and we are still green on the sort metric. Target should demand that UPS never come for a pickup before 430. It shouldn't be up to UPS to determine if a package is sent out on time. And on Saturdays, they come by noon. So nothing goes out from that point on until Monday afternoon. The only metric that we could not fake was the pick on time. That one showed the true measure of your team. Not the packing or sorting. And although we do it (because our TL and ETL tell us), I hate faking the metrics. It paints the wrong picture. Just like a hurried clean up of the store before an announced visit. We are only setting ourselves up for continued failure in the long run.
Our one regular UPS guy usually comes about 5:30 and even when ahead he'll sit and wait for us if early, but the Saturday kid once showed up at like 2:30 and just kind of shrugged off the idea of coming back for the rest even though we only had a cart and a half left to pack.

The other day I was working a random SFS shift and Thant’s cool, I’ve always enjoyed it before. It was after pick-up hours and the line was clear so I was bouncing between helping with zones and picking for tomorrow if it started to get big, and I was owning flexies that dropped in. Again, I’ve done this before and it’s never been a problem. Then a 30+ piece flexi dropped in with only 10 minutes left of my shift.. Fuck. I like to think I wouldn’t have been so upset had I picked this order before the 7 item batching became a thing. But that’s not what broke me from a good albeit busy day to another pissed off looking log TM lol. Every single batch started up a ladder down the very farthest aisle in the backroom to pull Style, then to the style floorpad, then to the far front of the store to grab hba, then the service desk. Basically with my stores layout this resulted in a big ass N is for Nope! until the batch was completed. Why couldn’t the br all get batches together instead of sprinkled across 5 batches? Same for style and hba? Corporate, for us to reduce steps and complete tasks quicker stop making us chase our tails. Please and thank you!

The other day I was working a random SFS shift and Thant’s cool, I’ve always enjoyed it before. It was after pick-up hours and the line was clear so I was bouncing between helping with zones and picking for tomorrow if it started to get big, and I was owning flexies that dropped in. Again, I’ve done this before and it’s never been a problem. Then a 30+ piece flexi dropped in with only 10 minutes left of my shift.. Fuck. I like to think I wouldn’t have been so upset had I picked this order before the 7 item batching became a thing. But that’s not what broke me from a good albeit busy day to another pissed off looking log TM lol. Every single batch started up a ladder down the very farthest aisle in the backroom to pull Style, then to the style floorpad, then to the far front of the store to grab hba, then the service desk. Basically with my stores layout this resulted in a big ass N is for Nope! until the batch was completed. Why couldn’t the br all get batches together instead of sprinkled across 5 batches? Same for style and hba? Corporate, for us to reduce steps and complete tasks quicker stop making us chase our tails. Please and thank you!
if you're by yourself and that happens again you can still select the split pickups and bundle them up into one big batch, in fact the one morning that I was by myself and there was like 60 itemsI actually managed to grab 30 items in a single batch and it was so nice instead of trying to play catch-up across 11-12 item batches.

Thank you for letting me know! I’m HR so supporting other workcenters is tricky if they don’t tell me about the changes 😕 Of course it was the Specialty Sales TL Who was closing LOD alone so they probably didn’t know about being able to group them to tell me 🙃

if you're by yourself and that happens again you can still select the split pickups and bundle them up into one big batch, in fact the one morning that I was by myself and there was like 60 itemsI actually managed to grab 30 items in a single batch and it was so nice instead of trying to play catch-up across 11-12 item batches.

That's me every morning. Come in before the store opens, take all the overnight pickup batches at once, and I'm on my way.

Newbie question but how can I view the forecast? I’ve tried finding it on my own and my tl is a poop so I try not to ask him too many questions.
Greenfield is how I’ve been looking at them. Get on Workbench and search from there? Then there should be a right hand menu link that bring up some more links with SFS/Pickup links towards the bottom

Our old TL and ETL had the team fake pack just about every day during the holidays. I had couple weeks of SFS closing shifts to pick ahead for the next day, but I would come into like 200+ containers worth of merchandise lying over the entire unload line, on every empty uboat they could find, all over the pack station and literally just piled up all over the floor in the surrounding area. Shit was mixed up and knocked over and I'd have to audit each pile and match things to the collate, would be back there cleaning up for the entire shift. A couple times I was barely finishing up when the flow TL came in to prep for the next unload.

Fake packing is fuckin' stupid, I'm glad they both got termed lol

Our old TL and ETL had the team fake pack just about every day during the holidays. I had couple weeks of SFS closing shifts to pick ahead for the next day, but I would come into like 200+ containers worth of merchandise lying over the entire unload line, on every empty uboat they could find, all over the pack station and literally just piled up all over the floor in the surrounding area. Shit was mixed up and knocked over and I'd have to audit each pile and match things to the collate, would be back there cleaning up for the entire shift. A couple times I was barely finishing up when the flow TL came in to prep for the next unload.

Fake packing is fuckin' stupid, I'm glad they both got termed lol
Seems like your bosses and co-workers were just fuckheads. We do that too an extent if the load is high and I have closed with a lot to pack, but it is all organized nicely. Nothing on the floor at all (you just don't do that) and it is obvious what to pack in each box. And we use the carts we pick in to process, if we don't have room on the tables. Leave it in the partitioned sections, never in U-boats.

Back