Today was day after inventory, Flexibles were in 80s when i came in. Picking was pretty easy though, I love getting those pictures (usually Wild Fable) when the model is wearing a bunch of different things and you dont exactly know what to look for.
Toddler cat and jack blue shorts , but the pictures shows clearly a kid wearing a yellow tee shirt with words on it , and some vague shorts ... how about just showing the damn shorts ...

When sorting I found some boxes just laying on the floor and when scanning container label it says "manifest blah blah blah zipcode on pallet something something"

what does that it even mean?

For some reason, the system will auto close pallets and force you to create new ones. This happens at my store at 6:30 PM PST. Any packages that were packed but NOT sorted before said time will give "Container manifested" error when trying to sort after that time.

So an example using our time at my store, if I were to pack up a few packages at 6:29, but not sort them until 6:32, it would give me that error message because they didn't get sorted before the 6:30 time.

At that point, all you do is just put them on the pallet. We don't sort out pallets specifically when it comes to zipcodes or anything like that.

It may be different on your end but all of our ETLs and SD can order supplies. Just not TLs.

Supposedly (I don't believe a lick of it) the only person at my store who can order supplies is the Logistics ETL due to the system changes. They are even telling me our own STL can't order supplies.

But, they have a track history of telling half truths and gorilla dust, so I'm not inclined to believe them, but it's their problem, not mine. I just laugh every other week when we run out of supplies because they should know better.

I pity my store’s SFS team. They’ll be sending out Q4 orders in Hefty bags...

We were close to that the first Q4 when we got SFS no one would order anything and we were using boxes from the baler and packing with plastic that came back from the truck push.. It was straight up embarrassing. Now if we were to go through that again I would just stop picking and get shut down. Fuck people letting us run out of supplies. We run out we shut down.

Supposedly (I don't believe a lick of it) the only person at my store who can order supplies is the Logistics ETL due to the system changes. They are even telling me our own STL can't order supplies.

But, they have a track history of telling half truths and gorilla dust, so I'm not inclined to believe them, but it's their problem, not mine. I just laugh every other week when we run out of supplies because they should know better.

all ETLs, Closing TLs, PMLs, and APTLs can order

Are you guys not getting pictures in Epick? Or is it just my store?
I have to look up most softlines stuff on target.com
Already called CSC and they just rebooted my device but its still the same.

Are you guys not getting pictures in Epick? Or is it just my store?
I have to look up most softlines stuff on target.com
Already called CSC and they just rebooted my device but its still the same.

Yep, it was a small bug a few weeks ago that was just annoying now it's frustrating.

For some reason, the system will auto close pallets and force you to create new ones. This happens at my store at 6:30 PM PST. Any packages that were packed but NOT sorted before said time will give "Container manifested" error when trying to sort after that time.

So an example using our time at my store, if I were to pack up a few packages at 6:29, but not sort them until 6:32, it would give me that error message because they didn't get sorted before the 6:30 time.

At that point, all you do is just put them on the pallet. We don't sort out pallets specifically when it comes to zipcodes or anything like that.

This explains a lot, thanks!

Has any other store stared to scan the truck in as received at 12:30 PM? The over night TL thinks it will help prevent getting orders for the truck load that day. I think it's a bad idea its easier to find items that got there the same day.

Has any other store stared to scan the truck in as received at 12:30 PM? The over night TL thinks it will help prevent getting orders for the truck load that day. I think it's a bad idea its easier to find items that got there the same day.

not that I know of but I have been on LOA for the last month.. I go back tomorrow..

If I did tomorrows workload does it necessarily have to be packed the day it's picked? Or can we pack it the day after?
Technically it can be packed the next day. However, it is best if you end the evening clean for the next day (empty carts, everything packed, and supplies stocked). If the morning crew comes in to 3-4 unpacked carts then they start the day behind. We don't have anyone scheduled to pack until 3 hours after the ones picking. So, either whoever is packing comes in to A Lot to pack and risks meeting goal times or a TM has to take time they should be picking to pack which results in risking not having everything picked on time to be packed.

Also, there is the risk of running out of available carts.

I wish we could do that. Sick of having to pause carts or cancel because it’s still on a fucking truck or the 10 million u-boats.

Lol this transition to OPU being front end is painful. Yes lets not actually give training to people who don't know the salesfloor or backroom at all and expect them to find everything. I'm the only person they floated over who knew OPU before this change and get bitched at for high INF percent. What did you expect was going to happen?

Lol this transition to OPU being front end is painful. Yes lets not actually give training to people who don't know the salesfloor or backroom at all and expect them to find everything. I'm the only person they floated over who knew OPU before this change and get bitched at for high INF percent. What did you expect was going to happen?
Will this be company wide?

OPU being front end? Are you sure? Fulfillment should own OPU up until they take it to the front, then the front end owns it. That's how it's described in all the guides/addendums I've seen. The front end gets hours for OPU, but that's for processing Pickups and delivering DriveUps that Fulfillment dropped off, not for picking anything.
This ^^^^

Will this be company wide?

From what I've read on this site and what store leadership has told me, it looks that way. Lol just lol.

absolutely not. it was pretty explicitly communicated in the June Addendum that Fulfillment gets payroll to support Order Pickup and Drive Up picks.

OPU being front end? Are you sure? Fulfillment should own OPU up until they take it to the front, then the front end owns it. That's how it's described in all the guides/addendums I've seen. The front end gets hours for OPU, but that's for processing Pickups and delivering DriveUps that Fulfillment dropped off, not for picking anything.

It doesn't make sense to take anyone away from the front end, especially for doing fulfillment when we have an actual Fulfillment team. If anything, future plans put more front end work on their plate. They take over operator duty for the phones and advocates on empty checklanes are supposed to run over to the SD to help out if guests are waiting there.

OPU is front end at my store. It doesn't take hours away from them. It actually adds them and the picking hours are taken from fulfillment and given to the front end for it. It honestly doesn't matter too much who has OPU to regular TMs. It's an issue for TLs because no one really wants to own OPU metrics when the rest of the store processes go to shit. Had to INF 30 folders because BTS pallets are still in the steel? No TL wants to own that. There's also the issue of who gets to tell OPU what to do during down times. (Everyone wants us for that.)

Personally, as my store's primary OPU/DU picker I prefer being scheduled under the front end. For one, I think it really helps drive home the point that we need to be guest-centric when picking orders and do everything we can to fulfill them. I might be the one who has to explain to the guest why an item was canceled. That's no fun, so even more incentive to find shit. When something doesn't get donw right in GM that causes headaches for OPU, you're also much more likely to get it to upper leadership's ear with the SETL then you are from a GMTL whose team's fault the headache is in the first place. Also, I just prefer spending my downtime helping out at the service desk than doing GM stuff.

Is that who is supposed to own OPU picking? Don't really know and don't care. It works for me.

Back