I want to keep all my seasonals whether they're bad or good doesn't matter I want all the help I can we can't keep on relying on leadership and other areas gm style etc to help us.

Good for you I guess. Me? My seasonal who has a pick productivity of 20 on a good day and an INF% of 10% on a good day....I want his ass gone. But, he's still getting hours. Or the one who has NCNS'd 7 times including on Black Friday. Yeah, I want him fucking outta here. But, he's still getting hours (when he shows up.)

We have all the permanent TMs we need. Don't need to add more right now. If we do need a shift or two covered, give those hours to trusted GMTMs who will want to pick them up in January.

Good for you I guess. Me? My seasonal who has a pick productivity of 20 on a good day and an INF% of 10% on a good day....I want his ass gone. But, he's still getting hours. Or the one who has NCNS'd 7 times including on Black Friday. Yeah, I want him fucking outta here. But, he's still getting hours (when he shows up.)

We have all the permanent TMs we need. Don't need to add more right now. If we do need a shift or two covered, give those hours to trusted GMTMs who will want to pick them up in January.
I need every hour filled we don't need GMTMs picking up our slack when they have to be DBOs. If we don't use our hours we will lose them next year. I don't even care if they NCNS or be slow paced with high inf% our work is not even rocket science. Whether they even show up or not is not even our problem isn't it just store leadership that gets pay the big bucks? Our permanent tms has even worse availability then our seasonals. Even I don't want the max 40 hours or OT every fken week. We need the hours filled no matter what.

What you guys can do to lessen the amount of inf% is be more proactive. If you guys can't really find the item no matter where you look hit inf and then audit that shyt to zero look at the receive days and last sold to determine whether or not. It will help you and your team out alot also definitely them DBOs will appreciate it little less work for them.

Two weeks and these seasonals will be out of my hair. Two weeks. TWO WEEKS. 🙏
December 26 th is the day we sent them to the pound ... I thought last year was a rough batch of seasonals , this year it is 10 times worst ...
Apparently there are different rules for them :
1st , their schedule is just optional .. they can come whenever they feel like .. 2 hrs late ... who cares ..
2nd : NCNS , at least they show up the next time ( per the leaders ..)
3 rd : 40 minutes break instead of 15 ...
4 th : none of the metrics applies to them ...picked 1 cart in 8 hrs ... oh well .. at least they came to work ... missed 3 OpU goals ... that’s Ok ...
5 th : watch what you say to them , we don’t want them to complain ..

December 26 th is the day we sent them to the pound ... I thought last year was a rough batch of seasonals , this year it is 10 times worst ...
1st , their schedule is just optional .. they can come whenever they feel like .. 2 hrs late ... who cares ..
4 th : none of the metrics applies to them ...picked 1 cart in 8 hrs ... oh well .. at least they came to work ... missed 3 OpU goals ... that’s Ok ...
I had one seasonal who straight up told me that he doesn’t go underneath ladders because he’s superstitious, but also doesn’t climb them because he’s afraid of heights. I didn’t say anything and just stood there DUMBFOUNDED. Where did they find these people?

Dude.. do you work at my store?? I swear you just perfectly described our seasonal fulfillment hires..

I had one seasonal who straight up told me that he doesn’t go underneath ladders because he’s superstitious, but also doesn’t climb them because he’s afraid of heights. I didn’t say anything and just stood there DUMBFOUNDED. Where did they find these people?
They got them at a discount at Walmart ...
I had one who had opened availability , got hired and then could not work on weekends ..
half the team is gone already ... they simply stopped showing up !
Their main complaint : it’s too stressful .. I didn’t know I had to work that fast ... I thought I would have fun ... it’s a job ! Not a party at Disneyland !!!

Yep. We had a seasonal girl that got fulfillment and when she looked at the ladder and looked at me "you want me to go up there?" I just about facepalmed when I told her I hope you don't have a fear of heights, cause you won't make it if you do. When you did the interview didn't they mention that you would have to climb ladders? "I didn't think I would really have to do that."

At least she got moved to cashier which is a better fit for her.

Had a seasonal plano tm who could barely lift an endcap shelf. She struggled to lift it and barely able to put it back on. BIGGEST WTF of my life. Never been so happy to see a tm leave..

I'm still fairly inexperience in SFS but if I remember reading correctly I can pick 2 batches at the same time and possibly near double my pick productivity speed?? What are the cons of doing this, I'm assuming once I start 2 batches I must finish it without pausing or taking breaks. I ask because I see scores of 60+ pick an hour and wondering how they can consistently be that fast.

Question for SFS people: If I'm looking at an order that says it's been shipped, but the only info that the carrier (FedEx) has is that a packing label was generated a week ago, what's most likely going on with the order? FedEx has apparently not actually picked the order up. The guest has been charged though. The order was for an item with very limited stock. Could this be a routine delay or someone at the store not wanting to inf and faking sending the item out?

Question for SFS people: If I'm looking at an order that says it's been shipped, but the only info that the carrier (FedEx) has is that a packing label was generated a week ago, what's most likely going on with the order? FedEx has apparently not actually picked the order up. The guest has been charged though. The order was for an item with very limited stock. Could this be a routine delay or someone at the store not wanting to inf and faking sending the item out?
Could be that someone faked it, or it got lost between packing and FedEx doing their pickup. Also could be FedEx hasnt picked up at the location since the package was done. All are equal possibilities with the chaos in a lot of Ship spaces right now.

UPS didn't pick up at all this weekend and when they finally showed up they couldn't take it all. When I called to ask for 2 pick ups they said they were really busy and would put us on the list. It wouldn't surprise me if other stores are having the same issue.

As someone who just received a package from Fedex where the only update I got was that a shipping label was created, and received the package a week later, I can only assume that they’re skipping some steps in the mailing process. With this volume I would’nt be surprised. I’ve really only ever had this problem with Fedex too.

UPS didn't pick up at all this weekend and when they finally showed up they couldn't take it all. When I called to ask for 2 pick ups they said they were really busy and would put us on the list. It wouldn't surprise me if other stores are having the same issue.
I don’t know what your UPS schedule is normally like (we get a pickup on Saturday but not Sunday) but if you have a lot of stuff accumulating or UPS does not come on a given day when they are supposed to I would call TCC. When I left on Sunday night we had 32 pallets for UPS to pick up as well as the drop trailer being full and I would have called but our UPS guys are very good about coming back a few times with a truck if we ask

Wouldnt be surprised that it's a FedEx fuckup. Amazon finally banned third party sellers from using it after they did earlier this year due to FedEx fucking up.

I don’t know what your UPS schedule is normally like (we get a pickup on Saturday but not Sunday) but if you have a lot of stuff accumulating or UPS does not come on a given day when they are supposed to I would call TCC. When I left on Sunday night we had 32 pallets for UPS to pick up as well as the drop trailer being full and I would have called but our UPS guys are very good about coming back a few times with a truck if we ask

We are not afraid to call for an extra pick up, since the depot literally across the road from us.

And FedEx we have had to call so many times when they would drop boxes at the receiving doors and not bother to ring the door bell. Who knows how many were actually stolen cause we had no idea they were there.

We are not afraid to call for an extra pick up, since the depot literally across the road from us.

And FedEx we have had to call so many times when they would drop boxes at the receiving doors and not bother to ring the door bell. Who knows how many were actually stolen cause we had no idea they were there.
Oh Jesus

I'm still fairly inexperience in SFS but if I remember reading correctly I can pick 2 batches at the same time and possibly near double my pick productivity speed?? What are the cons of doing this, I'm assuming once I start 2 batches I must finish it without pausing or taking breaks. I ask because I see scores of 60+ pick an hour and wondering how they can consistently be that fast.
Trying to pick 2 batches at once would be stupid. There should be no reason once you you've been picking for a week or two that you cant hit the minimum expection of 35/hour, which I honestly think is too low of an expectation. Learn to hustle and work with urgency.

I was just going back and rereading some stuff and I think I misread the post this was originally in reply to but yeah lots of stores having the same issue with UPS pickup unfortunately

That wouldn’t work. Productivity is calculated by total time spent picking not per hour. Dealing with 2 batches at once would actually slow you down and lower your numbers.

Back