We had zero OPUs when I left tonight. I'm genuinely surprised. Today was way less hectic than I expected. I have no idea what to expect on Monday.

Yesterday was like Grand Central Station inside store...OPU off the charts..constant honking...SFS for some reason was reasonable. What I don't understand is so many people out of work how can they be buying so much. Day after day...it's crazy. AND why under stay at home orders are so many people in the store. We did store count for one day and haven't heard a peep about it since. And another week coming up of craziness😥😥

Our team lead is stepping down, dealing with some health issues. She's a strong leader and we will miss her on the team. She's being xferred to another store - I understand Leadership's reasoning behind that, at the same time, will very much miss working with her.

Yesterday was like Grand Central Station inside store...OPU off the charts..constant honking...SFS for some reason was reasonable. What I don't understand is so many people out of work how can they be buying so much. Day after day...it's crazy. AND why under stay at home orders are so many people in the store. We did store count for one day and haven't heard a peep about it since. And another week coming up of craziness😥😥

Not everyone is out of work. And some are blowing money while they have it to stock some stuff in the house.

Hi. I'm new to Target as of Apr 3rd. My JD was for a front of store attendant mixed role, but at my interview I was offered 2 different roles, 1 being in logistics/ship from store.

Anyway, I ended up in Flex/OPU (occasionally jumping into SFS when our numbers turned red...regularly 3500 orders throughout my shifts since starting plus OPU).

Anyway, after just 5 days, my manager (I know she has some other name of team lead...all this jargon just makes work harder truly: Target doesn't match corporate America's terms and KISS-method). My numbers were 17 out of 36.

Is this a problem? Did she mean my goal was 36 SKUs per hour (DCPI, Idr the term)?? No way I'm getting 36 OPUs per hour! Just wondering about my future. I'm also seasonable and not benefits eligible. So I have volunteered for coming on early, ataying late and coming on unscheduled days...but I'm on Medicaid after having left my last job (COBRA is almost 1k/mo)...so I also can only do so many hours (made that clear at the start, but I'm scheduled for 40 hours this week...my limit is about 25 and let our regional HR lead know that. Guess I need to remind my lead).

Anyway. Any thoughts about my situation in general? Do you think Target would offer me a bone fide position with benefits rather than just seasonal if I perform very well? I'm a great team player, always smile, help guests and always offer assistance to my leads and the store lead. Daily. Would be great until I can find a job back in my field of Healthcare while I'm attending grad school 3 hours once per week (grateful they don't schedule me at all that day, even though I said I'm happy to work up til 1 pm). I have taken notes on things that slow me down since that very brief chat, even taking pictures of u stocked items and errors as to backstock...even things not on truck loads as shown in myDevice. Can't pick items efficiently when my colleagues responsible for stocking don't do their jobs...and goodness forbid I "INF" an item after wasting 5-15 min trying to find it (I'm worried she can track my INFs and will scold me for that next. I ALWAYS in every job take notes about these kinds of things).

Phew long winded. Thanks again in advance!!!

Thanks all!!

and goodness forbid I "INF" an item after wasting 5-15 min trying to find it (I'm worried she can track my INFs and will scold me for that next.
They definitely track your INF percentage and can see each item you dont find. They can also see how fast you are picking items. You can see this info too though. It's in the MPM app under fullfillment. Rotate screen and there is lots to see. Just work on improving each shift. Me and my team have "contests" each shift on how high we can get our pack rate or pick speed.

Can't say whether they will keep anyone from this hiring spree- maybe if it lasts until back to school time. Doesn't hurt to try though.

They definitely track your INF percentage and can see each item you dont find. They can also see how fast you are picking items. You can see this info too though. It's in the MPM app under fullfillment. Rotate screen and there is lots to see. Just work on improving each shift. Me and my team have "contests" each shift on how high we can get our pack rate or pick speed.

Can't say whether they will keep anyone from this hiring spree- maybe if it lasts until back to school time. Doesn't hurt to try though.

Can you see data from prior days? or just from the current day?

Thanks. I'll track that for sure. It isn't fair that we get dinged when other people don't put stuff out or don't stock it in the back...or simple things as the item location being off be even a single position on a shelf, let alone an entire shelf/column (i.e., [majorly] inaccurate POGS, besides stocking issues).

Also, there needs to be consistency in labeling end caps. I've seen ZERO consistency and plan to inform my ETL because it should be either 0, 1 or 2 (no end cap/outside aisle, odd for nearest racetrack and even for end of aisle/further from racetrack). Our store regularly has numbers from 0 thru 9 in those first parenthesis: incredibly confusing and affects my ability to quick count columns starting at the race track.

Second, DOZENS of locations need both MORE (ANY) and CONSISTENT labeling of section numbers. Consistency: electronics/books merge in our store between DVD. BUT literally 1 aisle to the adjacent skips 5 to 7 numbers. Plus end caps having their OWN but UNLABELED location code (e.g., E27) being nowhere close to aisle E25-26.

Lastly, our ENTIRE softline from (most of) baby, to all of kids and all of women's (even some women's hardline) have NO numbering at all...or again, if they do, it jumps widely from one side of a wall to the opposite side (e.g., M35 has kids underwear and socks on 1 side but switches to a wildly different number in M on the opposite side of that wall which has kids shoes...mixed right in to a cemetery different number adjacent for women's shoes).

Even our own brands are nearly impossible to find under their own damn overhead signs for the brand (despite no aisle numbers at all even though myDevice gives one).

I get that part of this is being new and needing to learn the layout/brands better...but the POGS should be consistent for our sake AND for customers! I know I use the Target app when shopping my store to find an Aisle # to be in and out: customers shouldn't have to guess or jump around because of our confusing signing or entire lack of signing.

If anyone knows management (ideally regional or higher) PLEASE forward this suggestion to them!! Clearer and more consistent signage!! And more stores with Bluetooth maps.

Aside: I find myself using my own smartphone's regular Target app to find a store layout along with a blue dot and aisle number. It's consistent, gives a much better location/idea. However it lacks specificity (POGS) within our store...just the aisle number and a blue dot on a map noting the aisle and departments. Plus, my app/Verizon service is 100% consistent with loading whereas the myDevices crash/lose connectivity: I find myself using both when helping customers, and the app is almost always faster and more accurate (plus showing them the map is SO helpful!).

Do any of your stores have the alleged BT ability yet? That helps customers navigate the store? I'll use whatever makes me efficient. We have 2 RFID devices, though a senior non leader scolded me NOT to become dependant on them (I haven't even seen one let alone be trained...they'd make finding clothing so much easier if the BT isn't an option!).

Thanks!!!

Hi. I'm new to Target as of Apr 3rd. My JD was for a front of store attendant mixed role, but at my interview I was offered 2 different roles, 1 being in logistics/ship from store.

Anyway, I ended up in Flex/OPU (occasionally jumping into SFS when our numbers turned red...regularly 3500 orders throughout my shifts since starting plus OPU).

Anyway, after just 5 days, my manager (I know she has some other name of team lead...all this jargon just makes work harder truly: Target doesn't match corporate America's terms and KISS-method). My numbers were 17 out of 36.

Is this a problem? Did she mean my goal was 36 SKUs per hour (DCPI, Idr the term)?? No way I'm getting 36 OPUs per hour! Just wondering about my future. I'm also seasonable and not benefits eligible. So I have volunteered for coming on early, ataying late and coming on unscheduled days...but I'm on Medicaid after having left my last job (COBRA is almost 1k/mo)...so I also can only do so many hours (made that clear at the start, but I'm scheduled for 40 hours this week...my limit is about 25 and let our regional HR lead know that. Guess I need to remind my lead).

Anyway. Any thoughts about my situation in general? Do you think Target would offer me a bone fide position with benefits rather than just seasonal if I perform very well? I'm a great team player, always smile, help guests and always offer assistance to my leads and the store lead. Daily. Would be great until I can find a job back in my field of Healthcare while I'm attending grad school 3 hours once per week (grateful they don't schedule me at all that day, even though I said I'm happy to work up til 1 pm). I have taken notes on things that slow me down since that very brief chat, even taking pictures of u stocked items and errors as to backstock...even things not on truck loads as shown in myDevice. Can't pick items efficiently when my colleagues responsible for stocking don't do their jobs...and goodness forbid I "INF" an item after wasting 5-15 min trying to find it (I'm worried she can track my INFs and will scold me for that next. I ALWAYS in every job take notes about these kinds of things).

Phew long winded. Thanks again in advance!!!

Thanks all!!
You haven’t been working at target for very long so the speed and low INF percentage will come with time - trust me! I was very bad at fulfillment for a long time, I would get borrowed from my main workcenter to do it sometimes and could never get to 36 units picked per hour, 90+ units/hour pack speed, always had a high INF rate, but after you start doing it more your brain gets used to it and you start knowing all the tips and tricks. It’s definitely doable! (My pick speed is usually around 60 now and my pack speed is usually around 150.)

it is doable. Just stay positive! Ask for help when you need it, ask your TL “what can I do to make my numbers better?”

also if you have a scheduling issue I would def talk to your ETL-HR or ETL-GM (your team lead’s boss) just because lead’s don’t have any control over your schedule unfortunately

Thanks. I'll track that for sure. It isn't fair that we get dinged when other people don't put stuff out or don't stock it in the back...or simple things as the item location being off be even a single position on a shelf, let alone an entire shelf/column (i.e., [majorly] inaccurate POGS, besides stocking issues).

Also, there needs to be consistency in labeling end caps. I've seen ZERO consistency and plan to inform my ETL because it should be either 0, 1 or 2 (no end cap/outside aisle, odd for nearest racetrack and even for end of aisle/further from racetrack). Our store regularly has numbers from 0 thru 9 in those first parenthesis: incredibly confusing and affects my ability to quick count columns starting at the race track.

Second, DOZENS of locations need both MORE (ANY) and CONSISTENT labeling of section numbers. Consistency: electronics/books merge in our store between DVD. BUT literally 1 aisle to the adjacent skips 5 to 7 numbers. Plus end caps having their OWN but UNLABELED location code (e.g., E27) being nowhere close to aisle E25-26.

Lastly, our ENTIRE softline from (most of) baby, to all of kids and all of women's (even some women's hardline) have NO numbering at all...or again, if they do, it jumps widely from one side of a wall to the opposite side (e.g., M35 has kids underwear and socks on 1 side but switches to a wildly different number in M on the opposite side of that wall which has kids shoes...mixed right in to a cemetery different number adjacent for women's shoes).

Even our own brands are nearly impossible to find under their own damn overhead signs for the brand (despite no aisle numbers at all even though myDevice gives one).

I get that part of this is being new and needing to learn the layout/brands better...but the POGS should be consistent for our sake AND for customers! I know I use the Target app when shopping my store to find an Aisle # to be in and out: customers shouldn't have to guess or jump around because of our confusing signing or entire lack of signing.

If anyone knows management (ideally regional or higher) PLEASE forward this suggestion to them!! Clearer and more consistent signage!! And more stores with Bluetooth maps.

Aside: I find myself using my own smartphone's regular Target app to find a store layout along with a blue dot and aisle number. It's consistent, gives a much better location/idea. However it lacks specificity (POGS) within our store...just the aisle number and a blue dot on a map noting the aisle and departments. Plus, my app/Verizon service is 100% consistent with loading whereas the myDevices crash/lose connectivity: I find myself using both when helping customers, and the app is almost always faster and more accurate (plus showing them the map is SO helpful!).

Do any of your stores have the alleged BT ability yet? That helps customers navigate the store? I'll use whatever makes me efficient. We have 2 RFID devices, though a senior non leader scolded me NOT to become dependant on them (I haven't even seen one let alone be trained...they'd make finding clothing so much easier if the BT isn't an option!).

Thanks!!!
When I left last year 90% of softlines was to set via the VMG rather than any POG. Corporate gave a picture of how it was to look, and that was maybe half the clothes. Then it had to be adapted for floor layout and the things in the picture we didn't have.

Best advice I can give is find someone in softlines with good spacial memory and make them your buddy. Get a tour of the layout, it's more than what brand is where, there's patterns for which shirts go on which fixture within the brand, for example, or those goddamn bride tshirts that look like a graphic tee but belong in sleepwear. Then when you just can't lay hands on it, grab your buddy with the good spacial memory and ask for help.

Thanks!!!
Lol none of these things will change. You're just going to have to roll with it. Over time you'll get the hang of finding things.

The numbers inside the parentheses like (99) usually indicate a sidecap, (0) is endcaps most of the time.

Back