Yeah I started noticing that last week. OPUs I assume are crazy though right?
...not really? Coming in to only 100-200 of those and it's apparently flucating throughout the day between semi-busy and busy. I'm guessing the last minute order people will make it pick up the next couple of days but we are pretty dead right now, especially compared to the last several weeks. It's weird. And might be partially because we're out of stock of sooooo much and our tiny trucks aren't replenishing any of our high sale items.

...not really? Coming in to only 100-200 of those and it's apparently flucating throughout the day between semi-busy and busy. I'm guessing the last minute order people will make it pick up the next couple of days but we are pretty dead right now, especially compared to the last several weeks. It's weird. And might be partially because we're out of stock of sooooo much and our tiny trucks aren't replenishing any of our high sale items.
Got it. I’ve just seen a huge uptick in my hours this week and was trying to guess why

OPU's picked up hella crazy since they put the state on lockdown again. Luckily there's not much for ship, but I'm expecting an influx soon.

How do you guys think ship from store will be this week? It’s the last week before Christmas so I’m assuming it’ll be light, right?
We have small amounts early morning then nothing until about noon when it lightly starts dropping in again. I pick OPU until the ship starts to drop then I pick and pack that until I leave.. But it should be light, but heavy on the Next day air orders. OPU's will be heavy if not boarding on insane.

We are two days ahead with shipping, and we are staffed very well so OPUs pick up but we knock it out like whack-a-mole

I noticed earlier this week that my team finished at a 35.87 for SFS pick speed and it was marked yellow. When did they add a yellow category for productivity? Last I knew it was straight red at 35.99. What is the metric range for it?

Wow today has been an absolute nightmare in OPU.

Volume was worse yesterday, but today was INF hell (not that yesterday was good, either). The morning people had OK numbers, but us afternoon abd evening people got screwed. It made me appreciate all the years-old wrapping paper my mom has in the basement, because apparently no one in my city has a sheet of it in their house 😂

This is a little confusing to me. Our TL says we should only ever pay attention to the on-hand quantity and nothing else. But, sometimes the on-hand qty is 0 and it might say floor qty 1 and the item is there. Can someone explain this to me?

This is a little confusing to me. Our TL says we should only ever pay attention to the on-hand quantity and nothing else. But, sometimes the on-hand qty is 0 and it might say floor qty 1 and the item is there. Can someone explain this to me?
Your Tl is wrong because if the on hand says 0 that means you are looking for that one item that was ordered. When orders are placed item is taking out of inventory ( basically it’s a hold) until the guest picks it up . And if the item becomes rtsk then your on hand will change again

On-hand QTY is deducted as soon as the order is in the system. So if it was originally, 1 on floor + 0 in back (1 on hand) it is now, 1 on floor + 0 in back (0 on hand). When you find & scan that 1 item, the on floor QTY is then deducted, so then it will read, 0 on floor + 0 in back (0 on hand). SFQ can be easily thrown off but sometimes it an indication there might have been 1 somewhere.

On-hand QTY is deducted as soon as the order is in the system. So if it was originally, 1 on floor + 0 in back (1 on hand) it is now, 1 on floor + 0 in back (0 on hand). When you find & scan that 1 item, the on floor QTY is then deducted, so then it will read, 0 on floor + 0 in back (0 on hand). SFQ can be easily thrown off but sometimes it an indication there might have been 1 somewhere.

Yep. And you also need to look at when it was sold and when it came in. If it sold the day before, and you are working orders early in the day, that item may have been there when it was ordered but sold before you got to pick that order..

Now that Christmas is over has anyone heard anything about goal times changing back? I really hope we don’t keep them at 90 min.

I was blessed with a three-day weekend, and I'm trying not to think about what I'll walk into Monday morning. Very few on our team are able to empty the trash and hanger bins or restock the bags and labels (monumental tasks, apparently). When do the seasonals finally go away?

Back