Yep, sure, you can get away with two workers all morning, five total for the whole day. Because OPUs don't turn on until noon and you don't have to prep or sort carts packed before noon, obviously. 🙄 I left at 3:30 with 180 still to pick in addition to 75 to pack. Leadership didn't seem to care, so I guess I won't either.

Did anyone else notice the transition toys being allowed to be ordered by OPU? Not that I'm complaining about the sales, it's just I didn't think guests were normally allowed to do this.
Happens often I thought, at least at my store. More often than not we end up INFing it though cuz nobody sorts toy transition out and if you’re not at the pallet before it’s wrapped and in the steel it’s too late.

Speaking of, not having any UPS pickups is great for learning how to wrap pallets and throw that up into the steel too. God why couldn’t we have a trailer

Happens often I thought, at least at my store. More often than not we end up INFing it though cuz nobody sorts toy transition out and if you’re not at the pallet before it’s wrapped and in the steel it’s too late.

Speaking of, not having any UPS pickups is great for learning how to wrap pallets and throw that up into the steel too. God why couldn’t we have a trailer
It usually only gets turned on the Sunday of set week, but this is immediately after it is acknowledged into the building

Does it only have a transition location, cause if it has a regular location and a transition location, then it should be on the floor but for some reason the first location is always the transition and thats what prints out on the pick label. Also if someone buys the item then it becomes orderable.

We got a trailer for the weekend - talked with UPS dispatch on Thursday to make sure they dropped a full size (53 ft) trailer for us.....and we got a pup. It's already full, so on top of lots of freight we get to palletize and wrap....

Surprisingly we don't have a whole lot of pallets as the last few days haven't been super heavy like they have been.

We have like 10 pallets so far and were a 1 pack station store, but most of our orders are clothing infs from other stores although we should have way more since we've had 20% inf everyday since November. With OPU still going like 600 over forecast everyday and at least 2 call outs everyday we missed our sort goal by 300 one day, which was our entire workload. Almost every plastics transition pallet is still in the steel unloacted with stuff that wasn't even part of the transition and we are ridiculously behind on freight. We haven't been shutoff or slowed down and Target keeps giving us more orders...

We have like 10 pallets so far and were a 1 pack station store, but most of our orders are clothing infs from other stores although we should have way more since we've had 20% inf everyday since November. With OPU still going like 600 over forecast everyday and at least 2 call outs everyday we missed our sort goal by 300 one day, which was our entire workload. Almost every plastics transition pallet is still in the steel unloacted with stuff that wasn't even part of the transition and we are ridiculously behind on freight. We haven't been shutoff or slowed down and Target keeps giving us more orders...

That tells you the cluster fucks other stores are if you are still running.. and how large a backlog spot has of orders that they just keep sending them.

It was a great day for OPU at my store. Walked into 200 late units from the night before. My only support TM called out. I picked 400+ units in 5 hours. My legs were jelly so I said fuck it and went to lunch. Did not make initial goal time and every single batch I picked up after that was already red. Was told, no we can't pull from other workcenters to get caught up. 'Aight, enjoy that call from the DSD. I did my part.

It was a great day for OPU at my store. Walked into 200 late units from the night before. My only support TM called out. I picked 400+ units in 5 hours. My legs were jelly so I said fuck it and went to lunch. Did not make initial goal time and every single batch I picked up after that was already red. Was told, no we can't pull from other workcenters to get caught up. 'Aight, enjoy that call from the DSD. I did my part.
Yep cause they are doing a schedule pre-pandemic while we are still taking pandemic level orders. We have quit trying to kill ourselves. Keep our pick speed green after that the math doesn't work. Two people can't pick order levels that require 10 pickers are keep orders on time.

FedEx hasn't come to our store since Dec. 23, I believe. Maybe the 26th at the latest. "Wow, that's a lot of transition pallets up in the steel!" Nope, those are FedEx pallets. We've called and called, escalated it, nothing. Send help, please 😭
IIRC there's no carrier pickups 12/31-1/3

We are hitting double our forecast for OPU, and no extra payroll or bodies. We need to exceed forecast in ship. Which I could do if I had the extra bodies because everybody is on opu. It feels like a loosing battle.
We have been so busy too but of course the seasonals are gone and they cut our hours. I'd rather be busy than slow, but dang, I am having a hard time covering breaks because everything just blows up. We had more in ship today than some weeks of q4 and about 1/4 the staff.

We are hitting double our forecast for OPU, and no extra payroll or bodies. We need to exceed forecast in ship. Which I could do if I had the extra bodies because everybody is on opu. It feels like a loosing battle.

Yeah, that's where we're at. Although, we don't have ship. Double forecasts in OPU. I'm walking in every morning with late units from the night before. It's a shitshow. We can handle being a little above forecast. But, double? Nah. That's not happening.

We have one closer scheduled tonight. Godspeed to him, I guess. When I left at 1pm we were already over forecast. I'm predicting 100+ late units tomorrow morning.

I looked at my grids and calculated what my team would pick if they picked 50 units an hour consistently. (And with the state of the store and amount of guests that's impossible)

My payroll for tomorrow would cover 2,851 units. That's if I picked the whole time too, and I'm told to not be in the workload if possible. OPU alone has been well over 3,000 units a day. And then there is ship. So I don't have enough payroll to cover and if I'm lucky I can get 4 more hours. How is this supposed to work?

I loved working for Target, but it's crushing my soul.

Are they going to train all TMs on OPU, like they do the register, nationwide? I've heard they will start training the people who aren't already, including people from GS.

Our entire store already had to do "opu backup training" when it gets bad enough in our store they conscript all of gm +style+ market +beauty for opu. It gets so bad that my tech peeps are the only people not pulled for opu and thus get besieged by guests since"your the only one I could find"

Back