We are getting the grocery pick up , I would like some feedbacks to succeed! The do and the don’t, what would you have done differently if given the chance?
Have the team label a specific area for meat to be stowed to ingrain in your/their heads to keep those separate from other items!

They're usually really easy batches to pick, it's mostly all in "check dates, keep separate" side of things that should be drilled in and kept watch over.

Also...bread. It's vendor, so if it's not on the shelf don't stress because the app will always say we have all bread when the vendor brings in whatever they want.

We are getting the grocery pick up , I would like some feedbacks to succeed! The do and the don’t, what would you have done differently if given the chance?
Not sure how busy your store will be but at mine we pick as much grocery units as pickup so its always crazy and there should probably be one dedicated person who is always picking grocery batches because they still have the old batch limits and while they don't take long to pick they take long to put to hold because you use so many separate bags. We only have 2 coolers and 2 freezers but you can setup extra hold space in the meat/produce/dairy cooler if you have space or use the cafe cooler/freezer if you need extra space like we do. Make sure everybody knows where extra freight is kept cause we still have people that will inf stuff that we are supposed to have 30 of and its all in a freezer/cooler somewhere unlocated, they were just too lazy to look. Make sure they check with the grocey/ bakery tls or dbos because they know where it would be. Also make sure they follow food safety guidelines because my store got fined in the first week because people didn't separate meat. There's a picture that shows how meat and dairy should be stored in the cooler on workbench and I put it on every cooler door. If you consistently talk with the drive-up/guest service team you can learn how the team is doing and what mistakes are being made and who needs to be talked to. Lastly check the grocery hold space every week and clean out expired/bags that were forgot because I pull about 15+ bags a week that just take up precious space in our 4 coolers.

And just like that fulfillment process is pushed back to a 6am start time for my store. Truck has decided 6 is better than 4am even though the extra time to push helped us keep relatively clean. Back to coming in to a full line of unpushed vehicles every morning, causing a rise in INFs, etcetc.

Oh well

And just like that fulfillment process is pushed back to a 6am start time for my store. Truck has decided 6 is better than 4am even though the extra time to push helped us keep relatively clean. Back to coming in to a full line of unpushed vehicles every morning, causing a rise in INFs, etcetc.

Oh well

Jesus. Most days we have problems meeting our initial 9:30 goal time for OPU. I'm not sure how we'd manage if we started at 6. Don't make that goal time and you'll be seeing red all day.

Jesus. Most days we have problems meeting our initial 9:30 goal time for OPU. I'm not sure how we'd manage if we started at 6. Don't make that goal time and you'll be seeing red all day.
Best part? I'll be the only one till 8. So on light days (like today, only 150 things) fine. On heavier days? Opu will be a rush job and I won't be able to touch Ship at all. Whyyyyyyyyyyy

Training. Basics. Like not leaving parts of orders on the floor since you scanned everything not fill a bag stow a bag fill a waco and then move on to the next Waco. Not bagging raw chicken on top of eggs or anything else. Don't be shy about looking in the coolers since milk(my store tends to take a couple days to get fully pushed). You also will hand key a lot of fruit and veggie DCPI's so be ready for that. Or make a cheat sheet with some basics you find you use a lot.

And most important make friends and be nice to your market peeps.. They will be a huge help to you.

Focus on Fulfillment TMs utilizing GUEST behavior

Grocery Pickup rollout at more stores

V-day bouquets in opu

Updating productivity reporting in MPM

A breakdown of item eligibility for opu

A few updates to the pickup app
Also cards in OPU Jan 24-Feb somethin. Bouquets hold space should be ready/set up by Feb 9th, 10-14th are the only specific dates I saw for bouquet GROCERY pickups.

Also thanks for the folks talking about meat and dairy items needing to be separate in holds, we’ve not been doing that at my store so I guess that’s something I’ll have to talk with the TL about. Was already looking into getting the overflow holds setup since we’ve been running heavier on grocery cooler and running out of space there.

Also cards in OPU Jan 24-Feb somethin. Bouquets hold space should be ready/set up by Feb 9th, 10-14th are the only specific dates I saw for bouquet GROCERY pickups.

Also thanks for the folks talking about meat and dairy items needing to be separate in holds, we’ve not been doing that at my store so I guess that’s something I’ll have to talk with the TL about. Was already looking into getting the overflow holds setup since we’ve been running heavier on grocery cooler and running out of space there.
As long as meats and produce are bagged correctly, they can be placed into the same waco.

Produce and meat should be placed in the clear plastic bags that are in market and put into separate bags when bagging. Then they can be in the same hold space waco.
Remember to place different meats in different bags and eggs should always be separate.

When we first rolled out grocery I printed and laminated the produce guidelines, experation date guidelines, and all the barcodes for the loose produce. Then I laminated and attached them to the grocery carts for quick reference.

So, I can't find a way to comment on anything other than the "bins" nonsense without being a total asshole, but for fuck's sake. IF YOU WANT TO HAVE REUSABLE BAGS GO INTO THE STORE AND SHOP BUT IF SOMEONE IS BRINGING YOUR SHIT TO YOUR CAR MAYBE SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT BAGS, MMMKAY?
1611291892090.png

Produce and meat should be placed in the clear plastic bags that are in market and put into separate bags when bagging. Then they can be in the same hold space waco.
Remember to place different meats in different bags and eggs should always be separate.
Ah okay, we’ve been doing that correctly then. I misunderstood holds as hold spaces and not holds as in separate bags.

I saw something in MyDay about an updated way to process partial cancels in orders. It adds an extra step or two so I'm not sure if its going to complicate things or not. Most likely, it will.

So, I can't find a way to comment on anything other than the "bins" nonsense without being a total asshole, but for fuck's sake. IF YOU WANT TO HAVE REUSABLE BAGS GO INTO THE STORE AND SHOP BUT IF SOMEONE IS BRINGING YOUR SHIT TO YOUR CAR MAYBE SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT BAGS, MMMKAY?
View attachment 12073
People always want more, lol.

You know, it really would set us apart if we gave out those reusable Target bags with drive-up orders though. I mean, if the order calls for more than one bag or is over a certain amount, it would be a nice and relatively cheap way to elevate the experience.

You know, it really would set us apart if we gave out those reusable Target bags with drive-up orders though. I mean, if the order calls for more than one bag or is over a certain amount, it would be a nice and relatively cheap way to elevate the experience.

Nah. We already have major issues replenishing plastic bags. Reusable bags would be a nightmare. Plus the label would not adhere as well. I'd love to see us go with old school paper grocery bags though.

The bags for drive up are essentially reusable though. Yeah they are plastic but they are rugged as all getout. Worst abuse for one so far, I use it as a car trash bag, and I've filled and dumped it 5 or 6 times and there's zero damage to the bag itself, no tears or punctures or stretching. I also am stuffing things at home into them for storage, can't stretch them out no matter how hard I stuff them.

The bags for drive up are essentially reusable though. Yeah they are plastic but they are rugged as all getout. Worst abuse for one so far, I use it as a car trash bag, and I've filled and dumped it 5 or 6 times and there's zero damage to the bag itself, no tears or punctures or stretching. I also am stuffing things at home into them for storage, can't stretch them out no matter how hard I stuff them.
Oh that's true, I forgot we have heartier bags for Drive-up!

Anyone else having an issue with in progress grocery OPU carts not showing as in progress? Any idea on a fix?
No ideas - had one the other day, TM showed on her zebra she was working it but it didn't show up at all. She finished it, started a new one and that one appeared.

Back