Picker and runner need to be at least 18, but it may vary by local law. In my store if it comes up in a batch the minor must immediately exit and hand off the batch to somebody of age.

I started the process of 45 day FMLA today, for my state it would be paid if approved. My store has been very supportive. I'm looking forward to spending time with my daughter and helping her get on track.
Best wishes!

DatBoi9497

Born to pick, forced to INF
Found out today that in a couple weeks, we will be picking alcohol for OPUs. Any other stores doing this now? Does the picker need to be 21? If drive ups are allowed, does the runner need to be 21? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just kill me now.
What state(s)? Cause here in Texas we have a bunch of stupid alcohol laws from 300 years ago and we only sell wine and beer "cuz muh religion".

redeye58

Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!
We also can't sell alcohol from midnight to noon on Sunday, hence the religion jab
Yep, they were known as the 'Baptist Blue Laws'.
I remember in the '80s when they repealed the law that forbade businesses opening on Sunday.
Prior to that grocery/drug stores were open but only allowed the sale of essentials - food or medicines. Non-essential aisles were roped off.

We have problem using the finger scanners, it worked just fine until sometime last week.
We can connect via Bluetooth pairing app, it double beep, but then the scanner is red.
it still shows connected, but it doesn’t scan.
what are we doing wrong?
the scanners are fully charged!

apparently our opu inf was the worst in the district last week. also last week we were so backed up with push that they shut us down for the weekend to help clear out the back room 🙃 but our SD decided that we need to get with a leader to cancel anything for opu now. today was the first day and it was an absolute disaster. tms spending 20+ minutes looking for items in places they already looked with no receive date, audited/sold a while ago with only a few on hand, only to be told to cancel in the end. I really don't think this was the right answer...

MrPerfectNot

SFS TL
We have problem using the finger scanners, it worked just fine until sometime last week.
We can connect via Bluetooth pairing app, it double beep, but then the scanner is red.
it still shows connected, but it doesn’t scan.
what are we doing wrong?
the scanners are fully charged!
Just checking:. are you using the correct pairing app? The name for the RFID pairing changed from Settings to Bluetooth pairing for us recently, so some on my team had to double check which app they were using.

apparently our opu inf was the worst in the district last week. also last week we were so backed up with push that they shut us down for the weekend to help clear out the back room 🙃 but our SD decided that we need to get with a leader to cancel anything for opu now. today was the first day and it was an absolute disaster. tms spending 20+ minutes looking for items in places they already looked with no receive date, audited/sold a while ago with only a few on hand, only to be told to cancel in the end. I really don't think this was the right answer...

What it will do in very short order is that leadership will see who is looking for things and who isn't. And who has been doing audits and who doesn't. Don't worry about time, they are the ones who are wasting it. Let them.

The store I transferred to makes everyone get their INFs approved because they had issues a couple years ago with people just cancelling stuff because they didn't want to work. I feel so much slower, and the lack of trust makes the work less fulfilling. Just like target to "fix" a problem by both not fixing it, and causing more.

The store I transferred to makes everyone get their INFs approved because they had issues a couple years ago with people just cancelling stuff because they didn't want to work. I feel so much slower, and the lack of trust makes the work less fulfilling. Just like target to "fix" a problem by both not fixing it, and causing more.
As one of of the leaders that people check in with, I was proud to have prevented about a dozen INFs on the day before Valentine's Day. Especially the last gummy unicorn that I had seen earlier in the day next to the domestics call box. It's only useful if your leadership can consistently find the item. I'd rather waste 2 to 3 minutes of my time in order to keep those team members more productive when we are slammed

This so much. Plus items that were received that day somewhere in a repack in the back. Also, unlocated items in the back, items not tied to a location, empty locations not audited...I could go on.

What it will do in very short order is that leadership will see who is looking for things and who isn't. And who has been doing audits and who doesn't. Don't worry about time, they are the ones who are wasting it. Let them.
I am finding so many outs that have not been audited. I talked recently to a DBO about a product that we don’t have, the space has been empty for a while, and it shows several on hand. I shouldn’t have to tell a DBO to audit a product.

Just checking:. are you using the correct pairing app? The name for the RFID pairing changed from Settings to Bluetooth pairing for us recently, so some on my team had to double check which app they were using.
Yes we are using the Bluetooth pairing, it even shows it is paired, but it won’t scan.
instead of having a green light on the scanner, it turns red when we try scanning!

seasonaldude

That Asshole in OPU
Weird. My store hardly ever gets orders for DVDs outside of Q4. And, thank Bullseye for that because how that vendor manages counts is all kinds of fucked up. They don't get changed until returned product is processed at the facility the vendor sends them back to and they process things sloooooooowly. Bad counts can linger for awhile as a result.

True especially when the leadership tell you to look in the same places you looked and never actually audit the shit you cancel over and over and over.