I've tried to get mispick explained
A mispick is when an incorrect DC label and pick label is applied to a carton and sent to a store. The store will discover that the pick label incorrectly reflects what is actually inside the carton. This means that the store's onhands are incorrect because as the truck containing the mispick was acknowledged, the quantity increased for the wrong item. Doing so will remove the onhands for the item that the store didn't actually receive, and replace them with the onhands for the item that the store did receive by mistake.

The name mispick implies that the store was supposed to receive the item that the DC's pick label reads, but the DC "picked" the wrong carton and applied that label to it.

Last edited:
I've tried to get mispicks explained but no one knows.
Hardlinesmaster has the text book definition. The quickie one. You got a box pick labeled as tampons and you open it and its jello.. Mispick.

You can go into my work and on the second page there is a Mispick option, it's been so long since I have used it, I can't remember the steps but it should be scan one of the barcodes then you end up either scanning the actual product barcode and give the correct count and the system should be able to correct itself.

Mine too. The list actually begins and ends with me. But, I rarely do it. I prefer that INF'd items fall into the guided audits so they can be looked into in more detail.
For my SFS team, it's me and one TM - and its rare when we use it, generally preferring guided audits to do their thing.

Though, fairly often, we end up doing the guided audits for GM, Home/Seasonal and Essentials anyway....

I am finding so many outs that have not been audited. I talked recently to a DBO about a product that we don’t have, the space has been empty for a while, and it shows several on hand. I shouldn’t have to tell a DBO to audit a product.
With everything else a DBO has to do, they probably don't have time.

I don't trust whoever does the audits because there have been times that I have had to inf the same thing over the course of a week, so I just audit the SFS inf since it is managable, at the end of my shift. I'll also audit whole aisles if I keep having to inf similar stuff because of off by ones or because the person who does the audit just keeps typing in however many we have on hand instead of zeroing it out.

They are hurting themselves by not auditing. Audit outs and lows and get the products you need in instead of more junk you dont need. Inventory accuraccy is a huge deal in having a successful store rn.
When you're only there 3 days a week and you have MAYBE 8 hour shifts, with multiple Uboats to do, pulls to do, fast service calls to do, fulfillment if that gets backed up, pricing, etc...there is literally no time. You can talk about how it's necessary all day long but if there is no time it will not get done. Overtime is taboo, people can't pull hours out of their butt

ETA: I am not a DBO, but I hear this all the time from the DBOs in my store.

Yup, even in my well run department that has 3 shifts a day, even we don't get our outs of stocks shot every day if we get sustainable busy.

When you're only there 3 days a week and you have MAYBE 8 hour shifts, with multiple Uboats to do, pulls to do, fast service calls to do, fulfillment if that gets backed up, pricing, etc...there is literally no time. You can talk about how it's necessary all day long but if there is no time it will not get done. Overtime is taboo, people can't pull hours out of their butt

ETA: I am not a DBO, but I hear this all the time from the DBOs in my store.
This. Constantly walking into 10+ uboats of freight in the back and multiple carts of abandons. Complete the daily sales floor and backroom audit but also don’t forget to update sfq. Answer calls boxes on the first call or get called out for not helping the guests. Then you have the front end constantly calling for backup when the entire sales floor team is picking OPUs. Multiple days where we have 20+ carts of OPU in progress and sometimes even the leadership starts picking because of how bad it gets. All of this within not even an 8 hour shift... and yet somehow its still no excuse as to why daily sales floor tasks don’t get completed and instead we aren’t pulling our weight...

This. Constantly walking into 10+ uboats of freight in the back and multiple carts of abandons. Complete the daily sales floor and backroom audit but also don’t forget to update sfq. Answer calls boxes on the first call or get called out for not helping the guests. Then you have the front end constantly calling for backup when the entire sales floor team is picking OPUs. Multiple days where we have 20+ carts of OPU in progress and sometimes even the leadership starts picking because of how bad it gets. All of this within not even an 8 hour shift... and yet somehow its still no excuse as to why daily sales floor tasks don’t get completed and instead we aren’t pulling our weight...
I think the first place to start would be scheduling more cashiers. They'll schedule one cashier until noon and then start calling the entire store for backup when a line inevitably forms. God help you if GS gets backed up too

Who here works in a store where Fulfillment has transitioned to the new system? By that I mean where the Fulfillment TMs are only responsible for SFS (picking, prepping, packing, sorting, etc.) and OPU orders are picked by the different departments?

Our store is going to be moving to this model sometime in March but details have been short and of course, when details are short, speculation is rampant. The Fulfillment team has been told that only ~a dozen TMs will actually stay in Fulfillment and the rest will transition to be DBOs in other departments and will help pick OPU orders in those departments. The rumor mill is at full speed over who is staying, who is transitioning and those who think they are transitioning are trying to get in with a department they like.

Can anyone shed more light on this? What has this experience been like at your stores? Also, I assume there has to be some updated version of ePick that routes OPU orders between departments?

Last edited:
I have a question? Does anyone in fulfillment have the team keep up with their own metrics and if so what are they doing to make it happen? Also does anyone have their department do scheduled tasked for the day for example: Filling stations, Filling OPU bags, or Refilling boxes. Does your team do this on their own or do they have to be told constantly?

Who here works in a store where Fulfillment has transitioned to the new system? By that I mean where the Fulfillment TMs are only responsible for SFS (picking, prepping, packing, sorting, etc.) and OPU orders are picked by the different departments?

Our store is going to be moving to this model sometime in March but details have been short and of course, when details are short, speculation is rampant. The Fulfillment team has been told that only that ~a dozen TMs will actually stay in Fulfillment and the rest will transition to be DBOs in other departments and will help pick OPU orders in those departments. The rumor mill is at full speed over who is staying, who is transitioning and those who think they are transitioning are trying to get in with a department they like.

Can anyone shed more light on this? What has this experience been like at your stores? Also, I assume there has to be some updated version of ePick that routes OPU orders between departments?
In my store we are responsible for it all. Is that a new model did you receive any communication on it?

In my store we are responsible for it all. Is that a new model did you receive any communication on it?
We had a meeting with the GM ETL and were told about this two days ago. I do remember reading about some stores implementing this here on this board but I can't remember if it was on this thread or a different one. We were told that some stores are piloting this approach and we have been chosen to be in the pilot. That may be true but I also know that we have an GM ETL who loves to try new processes, new tech, etc. so it may not be that we were "chosen" more like we were "volunteered". 🙄

Last edited:

Our store is going to be moving to this model sometime in March but details have been short and of course, when details are short, speculation is rampant. The Fulfillment team has been told that only that ~a dozen TMs will actually stay in Fulfillment and the rest will transition to be DBOs in other departments and will help pick OPU orders in those departments. The rumor mill is at full speed over who is staying, who is transitioning and those who think they are transitioning are trying to get in with a department they like.

That’s when I’d quit.

I have a question? Does anyone in fulfillment have the team keep up with their own metrics and if so what are they doing to make it happen? Also does anyone have their department do scheduled tasked for the day for example: Filling stations, Filling OPU bags, or Refilling boxes. Does your team do this on their own or do they have to be told constantly?
we don't really keep track of our own metrics per say. our TL does of course but during the day, as long as I see carts being finished in 30-40 minutes, I'm not to worried about what mpm says. we're supposed to refill after each goal time is met but it usually doesn't happen after 4:30 because there's too much going on to bring boxes down/reset. it definitely happens every night though. I feel like at this point everyone just knows to do it with your last half hour. (granted I'm the main closing captain/pacesetter so I'm here 4-5x a week while my boyfriend covers my off days so of course I know it happens but still. everyone on my team already knows what the expectations are)

So let’s discuss 2021 and beyond because it seems Target has dropped some pretty big investments into its stores and specifically its supply chain and fulfillment services.

Read on here for what I am referencing here and I would like to hear everyone else’s thoughts on these announcements as well.

It’s very clear that Target is seeing great success in its fulfillment side of things and it needs to continue to power it up leading into the future. First they are investing annually $4b into its stores and supply chain. That’s pretty significant. Adding another 30-40 stores every year as well as continuing store remodels. More stores = more fulfillment hubs as Targets model is built on using its stores for ship from store capabilities. Might make the trip for your package shorter having another store.

And finally the big bombshell news here which I’m waiting to see how it could play out. Sortation Centers (See video in linked article)! Removing the sort process from stores in SFS and having all packages continually throughout the day be picked up and brought to one of six new sortation centers Target is building out. The most expensive part is the last mile on a package and this is pretty much the only part Target has since most packages Target ships from its stores are last mile deliveries.

Instead of having stores hold onto packages for sometimes multiple days until a carrier can pick them up they plan to have them picked up by a trailer multiple times a day and hauled to the closest sortation center where it will be sorted there for a specific neighborhood and then have carriers pick up from the sortation center instead of from stores is what I’m getting out of it. Carriers have significantly less stops (removing the stores as stops), stores sit on packages for less time, stores no longer need to sort, multiple packages from various stores for a guest arrive in the same trip.

These 6 new sortation centers by the end of the year also come with 4 new additional DCs.

Thoughts?

It seems like Target is trying to go for a more Amazon approach and trying to cut out the middle man and eventually own the whole process from picking the order to delivering it. Dealing with the carriers sometimes is a pain in the ass since almost every other week UPS does not come on Saturday to do their pickup. This would also make it so we don't have to sit on pallets of orders on Sunday and Monday until they can pick them up. They would either have to build new stores with SFS/OPU in mind to build respective areas since our guest service space is laughable how small it is, although we took over the old cafe space and our 1 pack station is in a corner in receiving, or take away salesfloor space to upgrade stores like ours that don't have the space to expand. What they really need to do is secure more product since quarantine bins, increased online orders, and increased in-store traffic has left some of our shelves bare and almost every style item I pick is last on-hand. It will be interesting to what they do in the future and hope that expanding fulfillment won't come at the cost of other areas of the store that are needed to make fulfillment successful and easier.

Back