I have a question? Does anyone in fulfillment have the team keep up with their own metrics and if so what are they doing to make it happen? Also does anyone have their department do scheduled tasked for the day for example: Filling stations, Filling OPU bags, or Refilling boxes. Does your team do this on their own or do they have to be told constantly?
FTL here - every week I post two sheets of paper on our supply cabinet, how our team did as a whole last week/month to date and the second has weekly individual statistics that I have pulled off of greenfield. I write down the numbers on a big table that lists sfs inf, sfs pick speed, pack speed, opu inf, opu speed, and grocery speed for everyone. I then highlight each number using corporate's Green/Yellow/Red system and even added a Blue rating for outstanding metrics. I hold conversations with those that are stuck in the red (multiple weeks) to figure out where the issues are happening, offer suggestions, follow them on a pick, and use realistic goal setting to help dig them out. Even though corporate doesn't grade opu/grocery speed, I do have a minimum threshold that I hold the team to.

Besides that, my team is pretty familiar with MPM and where they stand in the day. In fact, on a few occasions, a tm has come to me saying "I'm sorry that my INF is at x% today" with me not even realizing that they were even at that point yet.

I don't have any set jobs relating to supplies. I tried that once but then there were days when OPUs were out of control, had two call-ins, etc. and the tasks simply didn't get done. I usually deal with all supply ordering/auditing. Everyone on my team knows how to restock boxes and pack station supplies, so they just do it when the particular item runs out. I restock our OPU bag reserves, but the tms open up new boxes and recycle old ones when necessary.

I'm having problems closing SFS. I keep getting a relatively low pick rate and sometimes a high INF. I never have either problems in OPU or while opening. Any advice?
I just am not making the forecast/carryover, ever. I suspect orders are different at night.
What are you struggling with? Is it finding items, or specific problem departments?

Basically everything except grocery electronics and chemicals. So softlines, home goods, beauty. In the day and with OPUs I don't have problems with those not even softlines. I'm pretty sure my store gets a lot of past INFs from other stores. The problem is trying to keep my INF rate down drags down my pick rate then I don't find shit anyways so I get a bad INF+pick rate.

When I say "bad" I mean 50-60 uph and 5-7% inf. The standard (easily achievable for opening) is 65-80 uph and <4% INF. I'm supposed to pick/prep/pack 200-300 items but I never do, at most I get rid of some carryover with 150, 200 max.

I also waste time (1-2.5 hours) helping reach the days goal instead of the next days goal, I usually prep, pack shipalones, build the pallets. Should I just try and convince them to let me pick for the next day? I don't see any other way to get those sort of numbers.

Sorry for long post.
TLDR; I pick at 50-60 uph, 65+ is expected. INFs are frequently 4-7%, <4% is goal. I always leave carryover and virtually never make forecast.
Apart from pick rate, helping reach the days goal as opposed to picking for the next day takes up a big part of my shift
You should be picking for the next day, as that is part of carryover. They should be giving you a mid/closing person to help you pack and prep for ship as well so you can focus on picking.
Your UPH is pretty good considering my team can't even get past 35 most days. INF is something that will get better the more you pick.

I'm having problems closing SFS. I keep getting a relatively low pick rate and sometimes a high INF. I never have either problems in OPU or while opening. Any advice?
I just am not making the forecast/carryover, ever. I suspect orders are different at night.
Sfs items tend to be the more difficult items to find although not always. Also at my store the night goal items also tend to be items inf from other stores that didnt have the product and in our case we probably dont either. Usually 1 OH hasnt been sold in 100 days type of thing. Weve been working on fixing our own data integrity because we just had an inventory and it seems to be worse now then before 🙃. I feel like the night doesnt get as much help as the dayside tms. Usually the gm dbos are gone, closing team leads have so much to take care of that sfs tms get left to fend for themselves.

As for advice, just got to learn more ypurself and get better at finding the difficult items. Takes time but just pay attention when people help you find items and maybe ask why they are looking there. If you havent worked truck unload or even gm can be difficult to remember l where to find items.

My work is only allowing me to create new labels for example if I want a label for shppg18 I have to print out 1-18. How would I go about creating just shppg18?

You will still use 'create'. There will be some kind of prompt saying that all available ones have been made. If you clear that, you can either scan a cart location to reprint it, or type in the cart and have it reprint a certain number.

Just go up in the top right corner from the back room management menu as if to search key in the cart number aka SHP XX, print it. Then just add the numbers to it. SHPXX01 and so on. Reprinting them is easy..

I print my OPU cart on a post it note for the day so I can jump back and forth between ship and OPU without swapping carts.

I hope all of you are doing ok out there. I've pretty much decided I'm quitting, since I've been on leave with my daughter I've had no headaches, stomachaches, back pain, or trouble sleeping. Also no crying and no waking up with a sense of dread. I think it's time to cut loose. I'm going to look for something part time that is not in management. I might do shipt for a bit, I think I would excell at that 😉

I hope all of you are doing ok out there. I've pretty much decided I'm quitting, since I've been on leave with my daughter I've had no headaches, stomachaches, back pain, or trouble sleeping. Also no crying and no waking up with a sense of dread. I think it's time to cut loose. I'm going to look for something part time that is not in management. I might do shipt for a bit, I think I would excell at that 😉
Heck yes, no job is worth all of that stress!

At my old company I stepped down from salaried to hourly management, that lasted almost six years, was stuck for almost three years in a department I hated (Fine Jewelry). Finally had enough and stepped down again to a full time cashier position because I had to get out. Best thing I ever did, and set myself up to become hourly management again in a department I loved, and went in with a much better mindset.

It doesn't seem to me that Target has any leadership positions that are appealing. Big company, too much pressure.

I might do shipt for a bit, I think I would excell at that 😉
Tips for success.

1. Ring the stupid door bell. Don't ignore it and drop and run.

2. Stay a minute or two just to make sure the customer heard the first knock/bell. Don't want meat going bad because they didn't hear the initial knock.

3. Don't take two orders at once if it will result in you delivering two hours late.

4. Choose substitutes carefully. Nothing like finding out the shopper chose an item that's twice the price for the same volume. Not a good substitute.

5. Read delivery notes and pay attention to map directions. Driving in circles for 15 minutes while asking the customer where you are at (if you are lost, they probably are too) via phone because a direction was ignored is just a bad situation all around.

That should help you succeed.

Tips for success.

1. Ring the stupid door bell. Don't ignore it and drop and run.

2. Stay a minute or two just to make sure the customer heard the first knock/bell. Don't want meat going bad because they didn't hear the initial knock.

3. Don't take two orders at once if it will result in you delivering two hours late.

4. Choose substitutes carefully. Nothing like finding out the shopper chose an item that's twice the price for the same volume. Not a good substitute.

5. Read delivery notes and pay attention to map directions. Driving in circles for 15 minutes while asking the customer where you are at (if you are lost, they probably are too) via phone because a direction was ignored is just a bad situation all around.

That should help you succeed.
Thank you! I appreciate it!

Did anyone else get a notice about Grocery Pickup expansion? They want us to add 2 metros (wide green racks) of hold space to our already very busy dairy cooler. Our market TL has brought up fresh freight concerns, and I've brought up operational concerns. Our DRY hold space is already overflowing with very limited possibilities for expansion, and we haven't received our standalone coolers/freezers for OPU yet.

Did anyone else get a notice about Grocery Pickup expansion? They want us to add 2 metros (wide green racks) of hold space to our already very busy dairy cooler. Our market TL has brought up fresh freight concerns, and I've brought up operational concerns. Our DRY hold space is already overflowing with very limited possibilities for expansion, and we haven't received our standalone coolers/freezers for OPU yet.
Crazy

Both stores I've been at have had the coolers installed, so I don't see any additional space in our future, despite us desperately needing it. We're averaging 500 units of refrig/frozen daily (out of~1400 grocery units daily), with it obviously peaking higher on the weekend

Both stores I've been at have had the coolers installed, so I don't see any additional space in our future, despite us desperately needing it. We're averaging 500 units of refrig/frozen daily (out of~1400 grocery units daily), with it obviously peaking higher on the weekend
We will be using space in the meat cooler and seafood freezer for our additional spaces. Already have 6 panels of cooler and 3 of freezer in the Cafe area....

Back