We have problem using the finger scanners, it worked just fine until sometime last week.
We can connect via Bluetooth pairing app, it double beep, but then the scanner is red.
it still shows connected, but it doesn’t scan.
what are we doing wrong?
the scanners are fully charged!

apparently our opu inf was the worst in the district last week. also last week we were so backed up with push that they shut us down for the weekend to help clear out the back room 🙃 but our SD decided that we need to get with a leader to cancel anything for opu now. today was the first day and it was an absolute disaster. tms spending 20+ minutes looking for items in places they already looked with no receive date, audited/sold a while ago with only a few on hand, only to be told to cancel in the end. I really don't think this was the right answer...

We have problem using the finger scanners, it worked just fine until sometime last week.
We can connect via Bluetooth pairing app, it double beep, but then the scanner is red.
it still shows connected, but it doesn’t scan.
what are we doing wrong?
the scanners are fully charged!
Just checking:. are you using the correct pairing app? The name for the RFID pairing changed from Settings to Bluetooth pairing for us recently, so some on my team had to double check which app they were using.

apparently our opu inf was the worst in the district last week. also last week we were so backed up with push that they shut us down for the weekend to help clear out the back room 🙃 but our SD decided that we need to get with a leader to cancel anything for opu now. today was the first day and it was an absolute disaster. tms spending 20+ minutes looking for items in places they already looked with no receive date, audited/sold a while ago with only a few on hand, only to be told to cancel in the end. I really don't think this was the right answer...

What it will do in very short order is that leadership will see who is looking for things and who isn't. And who has been doing audits and who doesn't. Don't worry about time, they are the ones who are wasting it. Let them.

The store I transferred to makes everyone get their INFs approved because they had issues a couple years ago with people just cancelling stuff because they didn't want to work. I feel so much slower, and the lack of trust makes the work less fulfilling. Just like target to "fix" a problem by both not fixing it, and causing more.

The store I transferred to makes everyone get their INFs approved because they had issues a couple years ago with people just cancelling stuff because they didn't want to work. I feel so much slower, and the lack of trust makes the work less fulfilling. Just like target to "fix" a problem by both not fixing it, and causing more.
As one of of the leaders that people check in with, I was proud to have prevented about a dozen INFs on the day before Valentine's Day. Especially the last gummy unicorn that I had seen earlier in the day next to the domestics call box. It's only useful if your leadership can consistently find the item. I'd rather waste 2 to 3 minutes of my time in order to keep those team members more productive when we are slammed

This so much. Plus items that were received that day somewhere in a repack in the back. Also, unlocated items in the back, items not tied to a location, empty locations not audited...I could go on.

What it will do in very short order is that leadership will see who is looking for things and who isn't. And who has been doing audits and who doesn't. Don't worry about time, they are the ones who are wasting it. Let them.
I am finding so many outs that have not been audited. I talked recently to a DBO about a product that we don’t have, the space has been empty for a while, and it shows several on hand. I shouldn’t have to tell a DBO to audit a product.

Just checking:. are you using the correct pairing app? The name for the RFID pairing changed from Settings to Bluetooth pairing for us recently, so some on my team had to double check which app they were using.
Yes we are using the Bluetooth pairing, it even shows it is paired, but it won’t scan.
instead of having a green light on the scanner, it turns red when we try scanning!

Weird. My store hardly ever gets orders for DVDs outside of Q4. And, thank Bullseye for that because how that vendor manages counts is all kinds of fucked up. They don't get changed until returned product is processed at the facility the vendor sends them back to and they process things sloooooooowly. Bad counts can linger for awhile as a result.

True especially when the leadership tell you to look in the same places you looked and never actually audit the shit you cancel over and over and over.

I’m taking it your stores don’t want you to audit the oh? Is there any way they can see who’s auditing items that do not drop into drastic counts?

It's me and one other person that they trust I think they trust me because I'm a former in stocks team member, receiver and backroom team member so with the former positions I was part of they know I think outside of the box. I would love it if dbos actually audited there items correctly. Most of the team members enter what ever number the system says we have or they count the item that is in that spot even if its the wrong item and doesnt even look like the item they are suppose to be counting.

It's me and one other person that they trust I think they trust me because I'm a former in stocks team member, receiver and backroom team member so with the former positions I was part of they know I think outside of the box. I would love it if dbos actually audited there items correctly. Most of the team members enter what ever number the system says we have or they count the item that is in that spot even if its the wrong item and doesnt even look like the item they are suppose to be counting.
Sounds about right like most DBOs

Back