That's what we call the torture test before the real one in black November
But we also have the stress tests this year too, right? So they're gonna give us a deal days week, a stress test in October-November, and then throw us headfirst into the holidays all in one fell swoop? Rip...

Like, the deals aren't all that glamorous and deal days don't jump our workload up that much, usually. But 20% off towels and 20-30% off cereal and Halloween candy are gonna bring out all the bulk buyers.
Everyone make sure the dbos in those areas especially have the counts right!! Last thing we need is someone ordering 20 boxes of a cereal that's on sale that no one's seen for 6 months lol.

they do actually listen to feedback when you actually fill out the surveys and aren't an obnoxious crank about them

They don't listen for shit. Hell any time we have been a test store leadership forced us to make it work. not let it either work or fail. They don't care if it really works or not. Just make the numbers look good and that is all anyone cares about not if a process actually works or not.

But we also have the stress tests this year too, right? So they're gonna give us a deal days week, a stress test in October-November, and then throw us headfirst into the holidays all in one fell swoop? Rip...

Like, the deals aren't all that glamorous and deal days don't jump our workload up that much, usually. But 20% off towels and 20-30% off cereal and Halloween candy are gonna bring out all the bulk buyers.
Everyone make sure the dbos in those areas especially have the counts right!! Last thing we need is someone ordering 20 boxes of a cereal that's on sale that no one's seen for 6 months lol.
‘LOL to DBOs doing any of that.

We're in remodel so most of our DBOs moved to overnights and aren't in their departments. We can't get anything done now, so this will just kill us 😂😢

But, really, all fulfillment TMs would benefit greatly from working with drive up for a bit during so they learn first hand why our best practices exist for a reason.
THIS THIS THIS A THOUSAND TIMES THIS. (I am fulfillment but I have helped with drive-ups and pick-ups, so I know how us doing our job correctly makes GS job so much easier, and our team can't really understand until they've had to do it.)

As a new DBO, I'd love to go through and fix my on hands. They're terrible. I know it. Between backup up cashiering and backup OPUs there's not a lot of time to purge the backroom, which needs to be done before fixing the on hands. So call for backup less often. :)
FF and cashiering are the big ones at my store too...and it's move-in week/back to school for some colleges in our town so we are slammed. If your store is anything like mine, some of the people doing fast service end up there for 30+ minutes, no wonder there's stuff not getting done

We’re a “test” store for this. It sucks. Also, batches can and will drop in up to 30 minutes *after* the 8:30pm cutoff.
Example: Tonight we had OPUs cleared at 8:25pm. Nothing. Nothing. Then at 8:55pm a batch dropped with a goal time of 59 minutes.

Those bastards !!
Epick and pack&ship are moving to MyDay

Batches will only drop for opu if there's at least 15 items. Or 30 min have passed...but...But! The timer starts when it's ordered, not when it drops.

There was...more...but those were the big wtfs

Edit: batches are 15 items minimum, 30min drop times. Giving us an hour on some batches just for funsies. Thanks Target

What’s everyone’s go to method for looking up order information besides the Chatbot? I was using the ePick tools Greenfield card but it seems to have been decommissioned or maybe combined with something else. We have lots of new team members who are inheriting the bad habits of their trainers and we need to follow up more closely.

What’s everyone’s go to method for looking up order information besides the Chatbot? I was using the ePick tools Greenfield card but it seems to have been decommissioned or maybe combined with something else. We have lots of new team members who are inheriting the bad habits of their trainers and we need to follow up more closely.
Unfortunately the chatbot is the easiest way. Don’t know what else you were looking to find but that information isn’t really intended for coaching and discipline purposes and therefore is either limited or hard to get.

It might be best to pick a different trainer if you are finding your new team members are not doing things the correct way.

The problem with the chatbot is it doesn't help for orders that were picked by multiple people. It will only show the TM number for the last person in the order. The dataset "FlexFulfillment.TM_PRODUCTIVITY_DS_REQ_QTY" on greenfield can give you per-item details, but it's greenfield so it doesn't work day of.

Definitely second getting new trainers. Don't need to be reinforcing bad behaviors with the newbies.

The problem with the chatbot is it doesn't help for orders that were picked by multiple people. It will only show the TM number for the last person in the order. The dataset "FlexFulfillment.TM_PRODUCTIVITY_DS_REQ_QTY" on greenfield can give you per-item details, but it's greenfield so it doesn't work day of.

Definitely second getting new trainers. Don't need to be reinforcing bad behaviors with the newbies.
Yeah the multiple people thing is what kills us. Oh well. Might just have to eat it for now. Our FFTL is too soft on their TMs and training all around at our store is abysmal. Might be a deeper conversation I need to have with HR and the ETLs.

You can try calling the help desk. They should be able to pull up most details pretty quick. I called once to find out who packed an order and the guy was able to quickly give me the TM name.
But probably not a good solution if you're having to look up stuff frequently.

Why would units received and units picked be so drastically different? For example, yesterday we received 3,100 units but only picked 2,100 units. How do 1,000 units go missing?

Last edited:
Why would units received and units picked be so drastically different? For example, yesterday we received 3,100 units but only picked 2,500 units. How do 600 units go missing?
Standard or OPU? For OPU, INF and when the units dropped matter. Units drop the day before for the current day, and that day for the next day so they're not always picked the day they're received. For standard, the only difference should be INFs

Standard or OPU? For OPU, INF and when the units dropped matter. Units drop the day before for the current day, and that day for the next day so they're not always picked the day they're received. For standard, the only difference should be INFs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210823-214820.jpg
    Screenshot_20210823-214820.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 44
I mean this is even before BTS, year to date this person avg 109 Picks and less than 3% INF. Over 20k total picks.

I have found that two things help me consistently sit between 98-101 avg picks with 3% or less for INFs: speed (I walk fast...almost a speed walk) and knowledge of store layout (I work setting pogs usually and know where everything is or where it was recently moved to or where it could be hiding unlocated, even in style). Basically, I'm really good at finding things.

I also don't spend more time than necessary searching for items that aren't in any of the locations they are supposed to be--I do check fitting room/service desk/backroom/receiving/etc, but I skip all those items until the end unless I am nearby any of those areas already. And I don't check in with a leader before I hit INF since I've already checked all the areas they will suggest (the fulfillment TL is fine with me doing this as he trusts my judgement).

Back