So me, and my entire Plano Team will be running up SFS (We just got approved for it, and will be the first TMs training for it at our store) for the 4th Quarter once are yearly transitions die. (Literally exactly the moment the last Christmas Item is pushed in Rear Seasonal.)

What can I expect?

So me, and my entire Plano Team will be running up SFS (We just got approved for it, and will be the first TMs training for it at our store) for the 4th Quarter once are yearly transitions die. (Literally exactly the moment the last Christmas Item is pushed in Rear Seasonal.)

What can I expect?

A huge mess.... Who knows with you guys being a new store maybe they won't bombard you with to many orders... Last year we went from 100 orders the day before to 1000+ cyber Monday.

MyFA > Pack and Ship > scroll down > Create Shipping Hold Locations > New

From there, you can choose parent/child or single locations. All single hold locations start with "SHP Z" and you can type any letter followed by two numbers for a hold location. To replace the cart locations, it makes the most sense to stick with the same format already being used: 1 letter for each cart, followed by a number for each tier in the cart. So you would type something like ZA01, then ZA02 and ZA03 and put one on each tier in place of the old ones. Print duplicates for the other side of he cart, remove the old parent locations labels, and repeat on each cart.

The single hold locations locations were intended to be used for flats or tubs, and have the benefit of being able to add multiple batches, even after scanning it in to the pack station. This was really helpful before they added the "release cart" option and you had to call the CSC for every "hold location in use" error, but I still like it for the flexibility.

Just to make sure, you don't have to scan a parent location when you begin a batch and now you can use the same cart/flat/tub even though you already scanned it in the pack location

Just to make sure, you don't have to scan a parent location when you begin a batch and now you can use the same cart/flat/tub even though you already scanned it in the pack location

Yes. And no parent.. You would just have to scan the ZA01 label

SFS system down today. Collates not printing. Is this affecting all stores?

Gonna be a blast if they dont print soon! :(

Ours were printing this morning but they hadn't in a while before I went to lunch. Coworker was about to call CSC.. guess there still won't be any when I get back.

Ours were printing out in chunks. I think there was only 1 cart or so that didn't print out.

I'm a bit worried that it's also affecting OPU and SFS orders dropping in. It was unusually slow today, with maybe 15 more dropping in during the day instead of the usual 40-50. And guest services had multiple guests call and complain that their OPUs from earlier in the morning were never fulfilled, but the order numbers weren't coming up in myFa order inquiry.

Ours eventually printed out by 1 pm Est. But i agree orders dropping in were light today (less than 10). None dropped in until printing resumed.

We received a handful of new myDevices today labeled 'Attn: ETL LOG: Move FF.' Is FF changing to zebras as well? Are PDAs being phased out relatively soon?

We received a handful of new myDevices today labeled 'Attn: ETL LOG: Move FF.' Is FF changing to zebras as well? Are PDAs being phased out relatively soon?
I heard no PDAs in 2018. Won't believe it til I see freezer function. Would require a lot and a physical keyboard

You get more Zebras right before your store starts using new apps. Maybe you'll be getting Move and Pack & Ship soon.

I heard no PDAs in 2018. Won't believe it til I see freezer function. Would require a lot and a physical keyboard
Actually the goal is for all coolers are freezers to be unlocated. PMT will receive parts to convert the green racks to fast movers.

Nice didn't know they would send more?? Did you get any for when move came out??

Actually the goal is for all coolers are freezers to be unlocated. PMT will receive parts to convert the green racks to fast movers.

Is this true or did you forget the sarcastic font?

Is this true or did you forget the sarcastic font?
I swear to god it's true at my store at least.

The food TL was complaining about how unreasonable it is to do in dairy and freezer, the ETL-Log has said we don't need to label the green racks for Move since there won't be batches in the coolers, and the PMT was bitching about having to install casters on everything.

We haven't actually done it yet, but my guess is as soon as we start using Move, it's going to need to happen.

I swear to god it's true at my store at least.

The food TL was complaining about how unreasonable it is to do in dairy and freezer, the ETL-Log has said we don't need to label the green racks for Move since there won't be batches in the coolers, and the PMT was bitching about having to install casters on everything.

We haven't actually done it yet, but my guess is as soon as we start using Move, it's going to need to happen.

I doubt it would ever happen at my store. Market isn't doing that great... Throw in unlocated coolers everything would just be qmosd

I doubt it would ever happen at my store. Market isn't doing that great... Throw in unlocated coolers everything would just be qmosd
But then how will you pull batches in the freezer when it's required to be done on the Zebra? I'm willing to bet all stores will be doing it by the end of Q3.

But then how will you pull batches in the freezer when it's required to be done on the Zebra? I'm willing to bet all stores will be doing it by the end of Q3.
I'd assume if no items with the freezer fill group are located in the back, batches won't be generated.

We're doing it now. I haven't heard any complains or issues from the market team.

Back