I think Service Desk TMs might have a problem with that. It wouldn't really make much difference to me though. If anything, it would make it easier by removing a step in the picking process.

I could see it being an issue for FFTMs that have OPU hold locations in the backroom. But all of mine are at the service desk, so they are the only ones who have to find orders that are being picked up.
yes we at the service desk will not be happy if orders aren't labeled

FF experts! I need your opinions...if we don't have labeling for OPU orders over 4th quarter, will that break you?

If I don't have the printer with me, I write down the info on receipt paper. Use order inquiry, write the Guest Name, Order Number, DPCI, and qty. My Guest Services likes it better than no labels.
You should ask your TL or HR to order more labels in SAP.

If I don't have the printer with me, I write down the info on receipt paper. Use order inquiry, write the Guest Name, Order Number, DPCI, and qty. My Guest Services likes it better than no labels.
You should ask your TL or HR to order more labels in SAP.
@mobilelady works on mobile device development at corporate. I would assume she is asking because they're working on an app for the Zebras.

FF experts! I need your opinions...if we don't have labeling for OPU orders over 4th quarter, will that break you?
It would kill me, but I think all my coworkers who already ignore the printer will be happy.

Do we have a list of Harzardous Items on Workbench anywhere? Or maybe an unofficial one? I'd like to post it at our station

My team doesn't have a printer for OPUs, so we do without. Been working well so far.

Also, sometimes I want to see the looks on guest's faces when they receive an order in a large box and find out it's actually 2-4 taped together.

Do we have a list of Harzardous Items on Workbench anywhere? Or maybe an unofficial one? I'd like to post it at our station

I don't think there's an actual list, but certain things that are flagged as hazmats. For example, a drink mix got flagged as a hazmat, but not body spray.

At my store, it would break us. Our ad area was not big enough to handle 4th qtr stuff. My only concern is, multi orders with same items. Also, a serial number option on high dollar items would be great to add.

I've had a few items over the last few days, things like fire tablet, apple watch, wireless earbuds, not pop up with a lithium labeling warning, on neither the gun or collate. I slapped some on

Those things should require labeling, right? Anyone else have this happen?

Are you able to order these new things or do you have to be specially selected? It all sounds nice, though a big problem would be where to store it. Is it possible to order another one of those metal box racks?.
Mine actually broke some two weeks after SFS rolled out, handle couldn't handle the weight of the boxes and started tearing off.

I couldn't find it anywhere to order on SAP, and CSC had zero answers for me, so if anyone figures out how to get another one, let us know

@Castagnier Kinda why I was curious. Definitely shipped out some items I felt like needed a label but didnt requiremone.

@carafe Quite often. I try and slap one on or bug someone else to, but it doesnt always get done. Its kinda weird and I really wish we had a list instead of gut instinct.

I've had a few items over the last few days, things like fire tablet, apple watch, wireless earbuds, not pop up with a lithium labeling warning, on neither the gun or collate. I slapped some on

Those things should require labeling, right? Anyone else have this happen?
I try not to worry about it. We are told to label things when it tells us to. If it doesn't tell us to, we aren't expected to know to label it anyway. If Target gets fined for noncompliance, then that's on them and maybe they'll take another look to make sure the warning is on every item it needs to be on.

"Would it not be a joy if they sent us dry ice packs as testing supplies to fulfill produce and other perishable items for SPU, STS, and SFS?", he said with heavy sarcasm.

Edit: Oh! In conjunction with the revival of curbside. :D

Last edited:
Is this a new store report for SPU/SFS on fulfillment? I never noticed it before but then again I always go to the SFS/Damage report. I was printing out the SFS Store report and now there is like 6 more options for fulfillment. It's a live link (supposedly) and shows how many we miss and canceled throughout the day, which is pretty neat.

Is this a new store report for SPU/SFS on fulfillment? I never noticed it before but then again I always go to the SFS/Damage report. I was printing out the SFS Store report and now there is like 6 more options for fulfillment. It's a live link (supposedly) and shows how many we miss and canceled throughout the day, which is pretty neat.
The only part that's new is linking it from store reports. They put those live ones on myperformance last year before Q4, but there was no shortcut and you had to click through like 10 links to get to them.

The SFS cancelled items isn't really accurate (unless they've fixed it), but the rest of them are. It updates every hour and the last updated time is at the top of the report.

Are you able to order these new things or do you have to be specially selected? It all sounds nice, though a big problem would be where to store it. Is it possible to order another one of those metal box racks?

And while we're on the topic of things we catch our team unnecessarily doing, I spy way too many single boxes of diapers done like an SIO simply because the collate says so, even though they can easily fit in a 280 or even 454. Same people also do the same thing to comforters, despite those things usually having an open corner. Worst one ever, though, was a chair. Like, just a chair. Packing label was just plopped on the seat. Though that was only once and early on while we were all still learning.

Wait a minute... You are saying someone actually put a shipping label on a prebuilt chair and it was accepted by UPS? ROTFLOL. (sorry that is so wrong but not really. Too funny)

I love how I can attach the trigger and use it without needing to touch the screen at all (unless there's more than 1 of the same item to be packed.

Last edited:
Wait a minute... You are saying someone actually put a shipping label on a prebuilt chair and it was accepted by UPS? ROTFLOL. (sorry that is so wrong but not really. Too funny)

I can't say for sure that UPS accepted it, but I didn't see that specific chair ever again after that day.

Packing with the Zebra on Monday was great. Today it made sounds every time you scanned something, which was decidedly less great. I guess sound would be fine, but they need to pick a different one.

I do love how I can attach the trigger and use it without needing to touch the screen at all (unless there's more than 1 of the same item to be packed.

Is this just a pilot thing in testing for now or is it just slowly being rolled out? Been waiting for this and the RFID app to pop up.

Is this just a pilot thing in testing for now or is it just slowly being rolled out? Been waiting for this and the RFID app to pop up.

My store was the initial pilot for packing with the zebra. Everything went almost perfect with it. It looks like it's being rolled out to some more stores to test but it should be deployed to all stores by October. We will also be getting a picking app titled 'ePick'. Another store will be piloting that in Sept with a planned store-wide roll out in Oct.

RFID on the other hand, is still pretty hush-hush, some of my zebra's have the app but it is broken and doesn't really do much. I foresee a late Q4/Q1 18 launch for Zebra RFID.

I can't say for sure that UPS accepted it, but I didn't see that specific chair ever again after that day.

I was told our district was piloting along with Move before a company roll out in October

It's in a wider phase of piloting right now. I doubt I'm in the same district as @Lazy, so there should be multiple districts testing it at this point.

RFID on the other hand, is still pretty hush-hush, some of my zebra's have the app but it is broken and doesn't really do much.
We may or may not be testing that right now.

Anyone order more hz labels and get this?

Attachments

• Attach22290_20170822_154722.jpg
    Attach22290_20170822_154722.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 35
Back