All our coolers bar the freezer is unlocated. I don't know how it's working out but lol. Produce and meat kinda make sense. Less items. Freezer? lol

Supposed to start using zebra app for SFS monday. Not surprisingly, we havent gotten the extra zebras for ship/backroom yet. Anyone know if the PDA app can still be used after the store is supposed to start using the new app?

Supposed to start using zebra app for SFS monday. Not surprisingly, we havent gotten the extra zebras for ship/backroom yet. Anyone know if the PDA app can still be used after the store is supposed to start using the new app?
We've had the Zebra packing app for a few weeks and almost nobody is using it. PDAs still work fine.

We've had the Zebra packing app for a few weeks and almost nobody is using it. PDAs still work fine.

Thanks for the replies. Wont have to worry about fighting for one in the morning then.

Any reason you guys arent using them? I'm looking forward to ditching the pdas.

Did you find this on RedWire or did the Team Leads tell you guys? We haven't gotten our zebras for SFS yet but I feel its being rolled out by districts. We get new stuff, i.e. rugs/separate hazard labels, and never told about. Either I found out via here about it or told about it weeks after we get the items. Communication level at my store is subpar.

Did you find this on RedWire or did the Team Leads tell you guys? We haven't gotten our zebras for SFS yet but I feel its being rolled out by districts. We get new stuff, i.e. rugs/separate hazard labels, and never told about. Either I found out via here about it or told about it weeks after we get the items. Communication level at my store is subpar.
The rug packaging and new hazard labels were communicated through redwire.

SFS packing app was communicated directly at an all-store huddle, but they announced at the same time that we would be testing several other apps too.

The rug packaging and new hazard labels were communicated through redwire.

SFS packing app was communicated directly at an all-store huddle, but they announced at the same time that we would be testing several other apps too.
Hmm, maybe our store is getting out of the loop. I'll just have to ask the ETL about SFS packing app on the Zebras.

The packing app just showed up on our mydevices randomly one day and I just started using it. Eventually some HQ people came and were talking to the team about it
Weird, I haven't seen it on our Zebras yet. I'll check tomorrow if it pops up on the Zebras. Maybe my store or district is out of the loop but I hope it isn't true.

Hmm, maybe our store is getting out of the loop. I'll just have to ask the ETL about SFS packing app on the Zebras.

Weird, I haven't seen it on our Zebras yet. I'll check tomorrow if it pops up on the Zebras. Maybe my store or district is out of the loop but I hope it isn't true.

It shows up on the screen to the right.

Can someone explain to me why batches always end up being around 25 items? Is there a way to raise it?

i was just explaining to my new TL that if i could pulls more batches at once, it'd be so much faster, that and because we get so many orders a day, we have to reuse to same carts over and over for multiple batches. So if i could just say combine 2-3 batches and go from one end of the store to the other ONCE, it'd seriously speed me up.

Can someone explain to me why batches always end up being around 25 items? Is there a way to raise it?

i was just explaining to my new TL that if i could pulls more batches at once, it'd be so much faster, that and because we get so many orders a day, we have to reuse to same carts over and over for multiple batches. So if i could just say combine 2-3 batches and go from one end of the store to the other ONCE, it'd seriously speed me up.

For right now no. You have to do one batch at a time. I'm hoping that when we start picking on the zebra we will be able to select multiple batches.

Whenever you batch the orders, each batch has a maximum of 25 items, unless one order has more than 25. If you ever see a batch with 26 or more items, you'll know it's for the same order.
It always annoys me when newer employees try and "help" by batching each order as it comes in, giving me 10 batches with 1 or 2 items each. It's more satisfying to knock out 10 batches at a time, but takes a lot more time in the long run.

Whenever you batch the orders, each batch has a maximum of 25 items, unless one order has more than 25. If you ever see a batch with 26 or more items, you'll know it's for the same order.
It always annoys me when newer employees try and "help" by batching each order as it comes in, giving me 10 batches with 1 or 2 items each. It's more satisfying to knock out 10 batches at a time, but takes a lot more time in the long run.

That i get, i'm just frustrated because i feel like if i could just raise the limit a bit i would eliminate steps, and save time. I just wanted to know why 25 though? its rare that i'll get an order that has a single dpci but wants say 10+ of it.

And i know what you mean by people batching orders before drops, i had an ETL today who kept batching my shit because he wanted to see how many batches it would create so he would know if he needed to send help. ughhh...

My TL has been pretty inquisitive lately and persistent about finding ways to improve SFS, but i'm a realist so i've been spoon feeding him solutions that i feel are pretty simple. This one just bugged me a lot because from 7am-9amish i can basically haul ass with the store being fairly empty, and if i could do multiple batches at once then when the rush comes in i wouldn't have to worry about still having 10+ batches at 12pm.

It would be nice if you could set the limit or at the very least combine batches. Sometimes if I'm there alone I'll suspend the batch I'm in to go into another, basically working 2 batches at the same time. I don't recommend doing that During Christmas though.

I just wanted to know why 25 though?
That's just the number they came up with that was reasonable enough to likely not overfill a cart. I keep my carts as neat as possible so I can do two batches per cart (one after the other, not at the same time).

Before we had batches, everything was picked SPU style, and we often ran into issues with picking way too many at a time.

Just a heads up, most likely they added aisles in your store for Project 62. You need to add those aisles in the system
I was very confused the first time it came up with one of the new aisle numbers at the end of a batch. But yeah at my store they added 6 aisles and reversed the order of them.

You can do it in store? My ETL always says it is a pain because he needs to call a support line blah blag blah. Makes it seem we need to move mountains.
Search sales floor pathing on workbench. First result should be the actual tool, and the second should be the instructions. Make sure to put your browser into compatibility mode first.

Just a heads up, most likely they added aisles in your store for Project 62. You need to add those aisles in the system

Me today!! My store is a mess right now due to remodeling and adding in all the new Project 62 items. Makes picking a hassle.

Btw, I've been stalking this thread for a while now since I have been doing FF for the past two months. Hello all :)

I was very confused the first time it came up with one of the new aisle numbers at the end of a batch. But yeah at my store they added 6 aisles and reversed the order of them.

Search sales floor pathing on workbench. First result should be the actual tool, and the second should be the instructions. Make sure to put your browser into compatibility mode first.

Do you know how long does it take till it changes?

Back