Did about 2k orders today. Still 3100 dpci's in the gun lol...Gonna be a fun 8000 more on top of that tomorrow. I spent all day today unscrewing all of the carts with missing collates and missing items and cancelled orders~ :D *ded*

lPgQbyP.jpg

oh wow a wooden pallet that isn't splintered to shit, I'm jelly

Ok our store does FA's but only for guest to pick up, we do not ship out. They can only be done with a zebra & it will ONLY LET ONE PERSON in app at a time. So one person comes in w/ 300 orders. Is more store stupid or is it right only one person.

I feel like the past week has broken me. There are more seasonals than regulars and only two of them care/follow direction. The whole department is a disaster. We're constantly auditing pick carts (finding suspended carts that cost us pick time and shopping for missing items for collates), we even have to audit all their boxes. Dealing with them while having above forecast days is too irritating. We don't have time to babysit while also trying to do the work of multiple people.
We almost need a second TL, or at least an assistant or something.

I don't even pick anything anymore. All I do is troubleshoot and try to find missing items and collates for shit that's been auto INF'd because of glitches. Batches get cancelled when you sneeze in the wrong direction with this crap. I literally spent 4 hours yesterday reprinting and sorting collates for carts that were somehow "printed" before they were waved. (they never printed)
That's my life now. Troubleshoot issues, pull a pallet down to the trailer, load the trailer, text an update to the execs, stock supplies, troubleshoot more issues, oh great the pallets are full again...

Guess we were chosen too as we're getting 5,000 supposedly.

"But it says SIO..."
"That's how every one (companies) ships them out."
"I theif will take it regardless if it's in a box or not."

Smh.

lPgQbyP.jpg
I had to bring a handheld tape gun with me to load the trailer because of those damn instapots and other boxes that are closed with a flap instead of tape.

how come you guys put Collates on the side? I was taught to always put them on top. (Not that it really matters imo, just if there was a strategy to it.
When SFS first started that's how everyone was told to do it. Somewhere down the line they changed it and forgot to tell the original stores.

Ok our store does FA's but only for guest to pick up, we do not ship out. They can only be done with a zebra & it will ONLY LET ONE PERSON in app at a time. So one person comes in w/ 300 orders. Is more store stupid or is it right only one person.
Only one person can be scanned into a cart at one time, but if you have more than one cart you can have more than one person puling FAs. So two people can't be scanned into SHPAA but you can have one person scanned into SHPAA working one batch and another person scanned into SHPAB working a different batch, but you can't have two people using SHPAA at the same time.

Umm you need separate carts and Move will break it into multiple batches..

Why are you trying to work multiple people in one cart?

Umm you need separate carts and Move will break it into multiple batches..

Why are you trying to work multiple people in one cart?
Could be like my store, where we don't really use the cart that the FAs are scanned into, they just have some of the keys with labels for SHPFA01 on them and use whatever cart/3-tier they have with them.

Could be like my store, where we don't really use the cart that the FAs are scanned into, they just have some of the keys with labels for SHPFA01 on them and use whatever cart/3-tier they have with them.

Doesn't answer why two people are trying to scan items into the same cart, physical cart you are right doesn't matter but the location does why would two people try and use the same locations while picking. Split a cart when your triple tier gets full sure, I snap a pic on my phone and grab a shopping cart and keep going, but two of us never load the same cart. That is what he is trying to do.

Forgot to mention we experienced multiple collates missing the barcode the drivers scan yesterday.

STL texted ETL Log saying our IFN is ~20% already and to not INF any more items unless we consult him or BRTL first.

Sure buddy...

Doesn't answer why two people are trying to scan items into the same cart, physical cart you are right doesn't matter but the location does why would two people try and use the same locations while picking. Split a cart when your triple tier gets full sure, I snap a pic on my phone and grab a shopping cart and keep going, but two of us never load the same cart. That is what he is trying to do.
Because they don't have SFS and only need to use Move for OPUs. I would bet when it first rolled out someone just printed out a cart location barcode and stuck it in the backroom and told them to scan that to start picking.

STL texted ETL Log saying our IFN is ~20% already and to not INF any more items unless we consult him or BRTL first.

Sure buddy...
That number fluctuates so much. We've had days where we started at 20% and ended at 2.5%. And the INF detail adds and removes items at random. I had an entire page of cancelled items from a single TM, so I printed it out and went to go talk to her. She swore she hadn't cancelled anywhere close to that much, and a few hours later I pulled it up again and most of them had disappeared.

That number fluctuates so much. We've had days where we started at 20% and ended at 2.5%. And the INF detail adds and removes items at random. I had an entire page of cancelled items from a single TM, so I printed it out and went to go talk to her. She swore she hadn't cancelled anywhere close to that much, and a few hours later I pulled it up again and most of them had disappeared.

I wonder if Move is skipping over items for some reason (guest cancelled? 0 on hands? no idea) and it's causing that. I've had quite a few times where Move seemed to auto-INF an item- the picture would pop up with the screen grayed out and that "Please wait..." message, then it would skip to the next item and my task list would drop by 1. Move is a strange creature, that's for sure.

Because they don't have SFS and only need to use Move for OPUs. I would bet when it first rolled out someone just printed out a cart location barcode and stuck it in the backroom and told them to scan that to start picking.

People are fucking stupid you always have multiple locations. Even when we did only OPU we had multiple carts since you need more than one person picking.. Sure the rest of the year it seems overkill but when you need it, you have it..

People are fucking stupid you always have multiple locations. Even when we did only OPU we had multiple carts since you need more than one person picking.. Sure the rest of the year it seems overkill but when you need it, you have it..
No, this system is fucking stupid and if you were told to pick OPUs you need to scan this magical barcode and nothing else, then it would be reasonable to assume that's the only way to do it. Non-SFS stores wouldn't have had any reason to go playing around in pack and ship in myFA and find the create shipping hold location button or even know what it does.

No, this system is fucking stupid and if you were told to pick OPUs you need to scan this magical barcode and nothing else, then it would be reasonable to assume that's the only way to do it. Non-SFS stores wouldn't have had any reason to go playing around in pack and ship in myFA and find the create shipping hold location button or even know what it does.

Could be, we always did so many OPU's we always had multiple cart locations, never just a single.

I just wish you could kick another TM out of a cart if they're on the task list screen and aren't actively working on a batch in a cart. We have LODs who scan into our SHP FA cart we use for OPU to check how many items are in the system, but they never back out, so then we can't actually use it for OPU. Stupid.

I feel like manually typing them takes too long (I wish I could just type 01 instead of SHPFA01), but I also feel like at some point, they'll take away the ability to type carts/backroom locations since clearly someone thinks we're supposed to do that and not "cheat".

Oooh, we also got yelled at today when a LOD noticed that we have cart locations stuck onto our Zebra pouches/box cutter holsters. Apparently that's "cheating". Although, I do feel like after scanning those enough, I probably won't be able to have kids. :eek:

Last edited:
I feel like manually typing them takes too long (I wish I could just type 01 instead of SHPFA01), but I also feel like at some point, they'll take away the ability to type carts/backroom locations since clearly someone thinks we're supposed to do that and not "cheat".

Oooh, we also got yelled at today when a LOD noticed that we have cart locations stuck onto our Zebra pouches/box cutter holsters. Apparently that's "cheating". Although, I do feel like after scanning those enough, I probably won't be able to have kids. :eek:

I scan my phone when I split a cart I drop the cart back at the packing area hang a split tag on it and keep pulling. I just snap a pic of one of the locations and keep going.. I like your idea better, but printers are so hard to come by.

I type it in 80% of the time or have it attached to my shirt or hoodie, that way I don’t have to backtrack to get it into the cart ‍♀️. TL hasnt said anything to me

I like how my store's GSAs/GSTLs don't understand how Move works, and that we can't skip orders or just do a certain one because an impatient guest showed up before their order was picked. I totally understand that it's frustrating having an impatient guest there, but that doesn't change the fact that Move doesn't let me pick and choose what tasks are in a batch. They've also decided that we can help them with MyGO, which is unfortunate because I don't think any of us have ever been on the other end of a OPU.

Sweet baby Jesus. I just got home after a closing SFS shift. Let me start by saying that I am a seasonal employee - only been at the spot for a month. The SFS TL apologized for the shitshow and gave me some instructions and left for the day. I (and a second person) unofficially guided about 9 people (most who didnt know WTF they were doing) - the collates were skipping prints, the system glitched out multiple times, a newbie put a guest pick cart in the middle of the 25 SFS carts and it sat there for at least 3 hours. That was just the tip of the clusterfuck iceberg. I love SFS - but I can't deal with untrained people with attitude problems.

Currently:

Rush 3(3)
Pickup 125(179)
Ship 1097(1443)
Ship Alone 19(25)

Ship was 16xx moments ago if not higher.

Last edited:
DTL is killing me, all day she kept roaming around killing our pace, once she was gone we flew through everything, i get that shes there to babysit us but ughhh i wish she'd just watch and not tamper. That and she makes everyone nervous as fuck. I kept telling everyone NOT to train new TM's on devices, just teach them how to box shit up, that's all they needed to know for today, but nope, DTL overrid us all and spent most of her day trouble shooting devices, which is unnecessary.

SPU was a madhouse, we got slammed with orders never going under 30, i had 4 people on OPU at all times and we still were missing goals.

Overall today, fuck... everyone is burned, STL has lost her voice, ETLs look like crack addicts, TL's look shattered, TM's look like they need PTSD counselling after all this, ship looks like a literal warzone with beaten boxes strewn about, bubble wrap hanging off the steel, box cutters on the floor as if they were the last weapons used before TM's were dragged off into a deep dark hole, and tape still dribbling out of the machines as if even they are exhausted, at least our guys are still pretty upbeat, and i seriously cannot wait for this check, BF pay plus all the OT, ughh yes please.

@KhakiOnTheSide , i just got done telling my TL that new people shouldn't train new people. There are so many little nuances to ship, whoever is your ETL needs to be replaced, that is flat out poor planning on all sides there.

Back