Came in today at 6am to 748 (1044), not sure what it was at 4 when a few people started picking. There was around 250 more to pick when I left tonight, with six pallets of outbound packed.
Closing LOD was the only lead still in the building and he's way more interested in clearing reshop and zoning than "whatever it is they're doing in the back." Heard him calling SFS people to do carryouts and throw trash and shit on my way out.
Also, mailing a larger high value item with Target tape on it is just free advertising for thieves to steal an item. All items should be placed in a non-descript box.
Caught my TL taping up dysons and roombas to SIO, took him a while to connect to dots between just having the items dropped off in plain view and porch thievery and that it's not worth saving a damn box. I'm constantly showing the team bad guest reviews on online orders because they got a dish set that was just taped up and sent off.

Last edited:
So, we just jumped up over 14,000 eaches....Lolololololwhat. Doesnt help that we're getting "cant find next tote" and move-500 errors on every batch and auto inf'ing every time we get the error. Now we have like 12 carts with collates + no items and others with no collates + items...
Yeah I started the day with about 4,700 dpci 28,000 eaches, it's gonna be a fun month.

My ETL Log and I got yelled at by our STL because we didn't meet pick or pack time and didn't ask for additional resources early. we were so overwhelmed we didn't have enough TMs and were 114% to forecast. Wish we knew about all these online sales and how it's not just cyber Monday but cyber week with deals all week. It doesn't help the store was a disaster and slowing down our productivity when we have to search the whole store and 20 carts of go backs for items. Fun times for SFS

They need to sit everyone down and explain this process in full detail.

e.g.
  • Pull 4 from location
  • Quantity needed for order: 1
  • Scan cart/flat/tub once
    • If the screen does not change it means the four requested is for multiple orders
      • 4 requested can mean: 1 for 4 individual orders (scan 4 times), 2 for 2 orders (scan 2 times), etc... Likewise if typing in the cart child location, the amount of times the magnifying glass is pressed will equal the order count. How much to backstock is dependent on this information
      • (toggle to MyWork>scan item/key dpci>tap item name to display backroom details>scan backroom location>key qty stow>press done)
  • Next task displays

This sounds way more efficient in doing this then what we do. If only I can explain that to everyone.
We had a tub and 2 carts of go backs at the SFS station. 3 go backs were items were needed for a cart when I told the seasonals to check the go back cart at SFS station. Our seasonal are so incompetent at following the list before INFing (backstock, go backs, fitting room, etc). We needed to start training them at the end of October instead of the week when we had the Stress Day.

There is so much I want to vent about, but I just don't have the energy to type it all out. It's just been nonstop insane since Wednesday, and I don't remember it being this way the past few years.

As of tonight, we have filled up half of our 53' UPS trailer (and yes it's a full 53', same as the two DC trailers next to it). There's no way we'll be able to fit all of Sunday and Monday's orders in there.

My ETL Log and I got yelled at by our STL because we didn't meet pick or pack time and didn't ask for additional resources early. we were so overwhelmed we didn't have enough TMs and were 114% to forecast. Wish we knew about all these online sales and how it's not just cyber Monday but cyber week with deals all week. It doesn't help the store was a disaster and slowing down our productivity when we have to search the whole store and 20 carts of go backs for items. Fun times for SFS

Yep, same (more or less).

I read an article that said that Target had triple the amount of site to store orders this weekend than they had even last year. Insane

Yep, same (more or less).

I read an article that said that Target had triple the amount of site to store orders this weekend than they had even last year. Insane

I believe it. We had over 225% of forecast on Thursday and 300% on Friday.

Gotta hand it to my seasonal ship crew tonight, they killed it, i couldn't thank them enough. Not a single complaint from any of them, just straight ass hauling. We cleared every vehicle and then some of the bulk (ship alone crap) too. And finally got all of our ship stations cleaned. I'm wiped, legs feel like jello, voice is hoarse as hell, but when i left we were at 350ish orders to pick, 120 to pack but most of that was bulk and random bs that needs to be cleaned up.

Hopefully tomorrow we can come clean before the storm on monday, its looking ok now. I was a little ticked off this week finding out that all our remaining vets were scheduled for mornings, while they left me with seasonals alone at night, having to guide the ship at night wasn't my plan, and i definitely don't get paid for that, but its been pretty damn smooth, luckily too because i hate being a bossy ass dick.

On a side note, no backroom closer and luckily we were too swamped in ship to pull me for that again, but i feel terrible for the flow team and flow TL tomorrow, its a fucking nightmare back there right now.

It seemed like our ETL and STL thought that the solution to the craziness was to throw cashiers and other TM's at us - then got mad when we kept asking for Zebras. Plus it was so cramped that you couldn't even move.

I've found that its faster to do a sorta "train/production line" system, with the vets scanning in orders and everyone else packing. its easier to teach someone to just pack an order (box, bubble, then tape it all up) then to teach them every nook and cranny of the how to scan and pack, plus at least with our vets we know what most of the stuff looks like and how big it generally is so we can locate items faster. Today, alone i scanned enough for 4 people to pack, with two of us and 6 packers we blew through almost 400+ to pack in no time.

I feel like the past week has broken me. There are more seasonals than regulars and only two of them care/follow direction. The whole department is a disaster. We're constantly auditing pick carts (finding suspended carts that cost us pick time and shopping for missing items for collates), we even have to audit all their boxes. Dealing with them while having above forecast days is too irritating. We don't have time to babysit while also trying to do the work of multiple people.

Last edited:
I feel like the past week has broken me. There are more seasonals than regulars and only two of them care/follow direction. The whole department is a disaster. We're constantly auditing pick carts (finding suspended carts that cost us pick time and shopping for missing items for collates), we even have to audit all their boxes. Dealing with them while having above forecast days is too irritating. We don't have time to babysit while also trying to do the work of multiple people.
Preach!

I feel like I lucked out as almost all 30+ of my seasonal hires have been absolutely solid. The only thing that's really holding us back other than the absolutely absurd amount of orders is this godawful glitchy new system. Whoever thought that rolling out all this new stuff in the beginning of November was a good idea should be promoted to guest. I don't even pick anything anymore. All I do is troubleshoot and try to find missing items and collates for shit that's been auto INF'd because of glitches. Batches get cancelled when you sneeze in the wrong direction with this crap. I literally spent 4 hours yesterday reprinting and sorting collates for carts that were somehow "printed" before they were waved. (they never printed)

This all day long, yes my attitude stinks and I get downright mad when you are being oblivious to what is going on around you and you don't even have an once of hustle in your step. You can't manage two things at once or at least keep fucking paper in the collate printer when it is literally at your knee cap!

found out today, that my store was chosen, along with four others to be "overflow"
stores for SFS. Starting tomorrow we were told our daily forecast would be ~6,000 Units LOL! (Our normal forecast for 4th Quarter so far is around 1,200/1,300 Units a day

OVERTIME for everybody! Makes me feel bad for UPS.

Luckily I think we have ~1/3 of my entire store trained on SFS

Guess we were chosen too as we're getting 5,000 supposedly.

"But it says SIO..."
"That's how every one (companies) ships them out."
"I theif will take it regardless if it's in a box or not."

Smh.

lPgQbyP.jpg

Last edited:

"But it says SIO..."

Smh.

lPgQbyP.jpg

I had to do that with some of the polaroid TV's order two of them I just strapped them together and slapped a label on it.. Why? The idiots I work with parked all the pallets in front of the steel where our boxes are kept. Then parked carts everywhere around it.. No room to get a wave in there.

"But it says SIO..."

Smh.

lPgQbyP.jpg
how come you guys put Collates on the side? I was taught to always put them on top. (Not that it really matters imo, just if there was a strategy to it.

When SFS started the initial group of us were trained at another store years ago and that's just what we've stuck too and passed on to trainees hence forth. No real rhyme or reason. Plus is it makes scanning entire pallets easier and quicker for UPS/FedEx pickup.

Last edited:
I just don't understand why Move seems to prefer picking casepacks from high shelves versus picking from the wacos. I mean, they must know that's making us less efficient and causing more problems for BR, right?

From reading the pilot, Move prioritizes case packs when pulling CAFs/Autos/ect to make it easier to finish your batch quicker. Wouldn't surprise me if the same code for that is being used in SFS portion of Move.

Lately I've been setting aside extras from backroom pulls on a tub tagged with a pull clip so that it gets worked to the floor. Or tossing it onto an autocaf pull tub. Probably most of it will fit on the floor anyways.....

We've been having our trainees who can't seem to take their job seriously repush out everything near the end of the night. It almost always comes up clean.

From reading the pilot, Move prioritizes case packs when pulling CAFs/Autos/ect to make it easier to finish your batch quicker. Wouldn't surprise me if the same code for that is being used in SFS portion of Move.

We've been having our trainees who can't seem to take their job seriously repush out everything near the end of the night. It almost always comes up clean.

Which means they are just putting shit in random places..

Back