Sweet baby Jesus. I just got home after a closing SFS shift. Let me start by saying that I am a seasonal employee - only been at the spot for a month. The SFS TL apologized for the shitshow and gave me some instructions and left for the day. I (and a second person) unofficially guided about 9 people (most who didnt know WTF they were doing) - the collates were skipping prints, the system glitched out multiple times, a newbie put a guest pick cart in the middle of the 25 SFS carts and it sat there for at least 3 hours. That was just the tip of the clusterfuck iceberg. I love SFS - but I can't deal with untrained people with attitude problems.

Clearly this is how one competes with the likes of Amazon. Have faith in our insightful leaders.

I wish we were that low in ship... We had finally gotten it under 2000 dpci's by 5pm and by then another 2000 had dropped for ship tomorrow.
I thought we had it bad with 2000 to pick last night, but then I saw some of the ESFS stores had close to 6000, and didn't seem to have anyone picking overnight.

Are you guys getting collates from other stores?

Yesterday around 4pm we got it down to 600. When I left this morning around 4am it’s back again at 1300.

We were actually on track to make pick time today. Definitely not pack, but at least pick. Anddd then they dropped another 400 on us right before 1pm. I'm over it.

Last edited:
Are you guys getting collates from other stores?

Yesterday around 4pm we got it down to 600. When I left this morning around 4am it’s back again at 1300.
Yeah our Printers were sending us collates from a store in California yesterday .... Just a waste of collates x_x.....

Oh great more repeat problems from last year.

st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u6.jpg

Is it letting you attempt to pack if you scan one?

You know what's going to be really fun? Trying to navigate the clusterfuck to put away all of the boxes that are being delivered this week.

You know what's going to be really fun? Trying to navigate the clusterfuck to put away all of the boxes that are being delivered this week.
No the other store collates won't scan.... so when it first happened I thought the printer was printing old collates again and when I called CSC that was when I saw the different store number

Y'all, I just realized something about Move. You know how, when you scan an item, it sometimes says "scan to subcart location" and sometimes says "scan to SHPXX01"? I just realized, it sometimes asks for a specific child location because the other items from the guest's order are already in that child location. Did anyone else not know this, or was it just my store?

Also, why exactly do parent location labels exist? If scanning a child location works on the "scan a cart to get started" screen in Move, and the rest of the time you only use child locations, is there a reason to even use the parent labels? Some of our carts have to be re-labeled, and I'm tempted to just toss the parent labels and only use the child ones.

Y'all, I just realized something about Move. You know how, when you scan an item, it sometimes says "scan to subcart location" and sometimes says "scan to SHPXX01"? I just realized, it sometimes asks for a specific child location because the other items from the guest's order are already in that child location. Did anyone else not know this, or was it just my store?
I think it was mentioned somewhere because I remember reading about it and being excited before realizing how useless it is in practice.

Also, why exactly do parent location labels exist? If scanning a child location works on the "scan a cart to get started" screen in Move, and the rest of the time you only use child locations, is there a reason to even use the parent labels? Some of our carts have to be re-labeled, and I'm tempted to just toss the parent labels and only use the child ones.
On the PDAs the system made you scans parent location to get started. I still do not know what the reasoning behind it was and I did a workaround for our carts a few years ago.

Yeah, when I was training i was told if it asks for a specific subcart it's because the items are from the same order and a lot of times you can assume based on how some items go together.

Curious, if we get an order and we can’t find the item, look in all reshops backroom locations, etc etc does that order go to another store that POSSIBLY has that item? I had a Goodfellow sweater come up like that and I went through all the push and reshops and z racks looking for almost 40 minutes. Almost lost my mind but I wouldn’t want someone saying my order isn’t coming.

Curious, if we get an order and we can’t find the item, look in all reshops backroom locations, etc etc does that order go to another store that POSSIBLY has that item? I had a Goodfellow sweater come up like that and I went through all the push and reshops and z racks looking for almost 40 minutes. Almost lost my mind but I wouldn’t want someone saying my order isn’t coming.
Yes, it does get sent to another store, although it does delay the guest getting their order.

Thanks @xzero. I hate doing INFs, but especially with the Cyber Week, good GOD I’m going to be needing to get one of those Hover boards to push a 3 tier around picking orders in order to keep up.

I just wish Move was smarter about how it grouped batches. Clearly, the system knows how large items are and how much they weigh (for collates), so don't try to make me fit 5 full casepacks on a cart, along with cat litter tubs, dog food bags, and everything else, especially if you're not going to let me split the cart. Some of the carts look like damn clown cars by the time they're done.

I never realized until today that Move won't let you type backroom locations. We couldn't reach some items that were up on the steel due to the Wave being used for signing out in the store, so I ended up having to make a QR code for the location on my phone and scan it with the zebra so we could just take from the salesfloor (yes, I know it screws up the on hands, but we were in a hurry and didn't have much choice). Perfect.

I just wish Move was smarter about how it grouped batches. Clearly, the system knows how large items are and how much they weigh (for collates), so don't try to make me fit 5 full casepacks on a cart, along with cat litter tubs, dog food bags, and everything else, especially if you're not going to let me split the cart. Some of the carts look like damn clown cars by the time they're done.

I never realized until today that Move won't let you type backroom locations. We couldn't reach some items that were up on the steel due to the Wave being used for signing out in the store, so I ended up having to make a QR code for the location on my phone and scan it with the zebra so we could just take from the salesfloor (yes, I know it screws up the on hands, but we were in a hurry and didn't have much choice). Perfect.
This happened with OPU when one of the isles was completely blocked and caused us to miss a goal time. What app did you use for that? Is it an actual QR code or does it create a bar code

so I ended up having to make a QR code for the location on my phone and scan it with the zebra so we could just take from the salesfloor (yes, I know it screws up the on hands, but we were in a hurry and didn't have much choice). Perfect.

Use the same barcode to backstock the item in myWork.

This but you may have to change your app. The one I was using would allow me to pull but not sto, so I'd have to go print a label anyway.

Damn we already have causalities, 1 person who started monday just never showed up today, 2 call ins, and 2 more NCNS which were marked as job abandonment, STL must of been a little ticked. And thats just on the logistics side, i talked to our GSTL and cashiers have been disappearing faster then they can hire them right now.

Back