Near the bottom of the collate there is a small box labeled "Carton #" and it will look something like 99990000000000054321. The first 4 numbers is the store number.

Aren't those the 370 bubble mailers? I think on SAP they're SFS.370, but my only experience on using SAP is looking over my ETL's shoulder.
Ah cool! One came from a store not too far away...the other one was packed differently and had a different collate so I'm guessing that was an actual DC ship. I threw away the other packages already, lol.

Workbench should have an SFS Order guide I think?

Yeah I know suggested that, but I think the ETL has some serious ADD cause he says he can't find it.. And I don't have SAP access to play around searching for it.. So I have to spoon feed him so I can get the parts we need.

Yeah I know suggested that, but I think the ETL has some serious ADD cause he says he can't find it.. And I don't have SAP access to play around searching for it.. So I have to spoon feed him so I can get the parts we need.
As a TM you can login to work bench and search as well. It's pretty straight forward though like the part number for boxes of 454 is SFS.b454 and for 126 is sfs.b126 it's super easy to find the part numbers in work bench

Hey ya'll..

Got a question since someone tossed out the box.. Anyone have the name of who makes those target DVD/CD bubble mailers, the white ones with the spots all over them..

Part number would be awesome, but the name of who makes it would work just so we could search it out on SAP, my ETL has utterly failed at supplies.. Desperation times over here..

Thanks everyone..

SFS.PM370 is the part number. It's limited to 2 per order, so you'll have to place multiple orders to get a decent quantity.

Link to the ordering guide is on Workbench on the Q4 page and on the SFS page under logistics. It has all the part numbers for packing materials.

SFS.PM370 is the part number. It's limited to 2 per order, so you'll have to place multiple orders to get a decent quantity.

Link to the ordering guide is on Workbench on the Q4 page and on the SFS page under logistics. It has all the part numbers for packing materials.

Thanks..

I knew this ETL was dumb, why they took SAP access from my TL I will never know. Cause he could order stuff on time.. This dude? We have almost nothing..

Thanks..

I knew this ETL was dumb, why they took SAP access from my TL I will never know. Cause he could order stuff on time.. This dude? We have almost nothing..
You can also search for SFS supply audit on workbench.

Near the bottom of the collate there is a small box labeled "Carton #" and it will look something like 99990000000000054321. The first 4 numbers is the store number.
I got my order from store 666 :eek:. Wonder if there is a store 13.

Our air bag machine got an error the other day. Bad heat sensor. Has anyone experienced this? If so, what did you do to fix it?
I have an older machine with an analog display, but when it gives us problems, it usually helps to turn it off for a while to cool down. Make sure it is being turned off overnight. Also check to make sure the belt is intact. You can push the two wheels towards each other and slide the belt off to check it.

Our air bag machine got an error the other day. Bad heat sensor. Has anyone experienced this? If so, what did you do to fix it?
If you use a Pregis machine, a bad heat sensor is 99% going to have to be a call to Pregis customer support. It should be on the front of the machine. They'll need the serial number on the back and then they'll overnight you a new machine.

I've never used SAP myself, but I was under the impression that an identical order of the same item would just overwrite the first one; can you just subsequently place three orders of two and get all six in?

I've also been curious if there were any larger sized bubble mailers available to us. I had the person that orders for me search and browse a bit a while back but we couldn't find anything besides the standard 370.

I've never used SAP myself, but I was under the impression that an identical order of the same item would just overwrite the first one; can you just subsequently place three orders of two and get all six in?

I've also been curious if there were any larger sized bubble mailers available to us. I had the person that orders for me search and browse a bit a while back but we couldn't find anything besides the standard 370.

Nope each order is a separate order

I just received 16 cases at once this week. Each order goes through separately and has its own shopping cart number and PO number for tracking.

They are primarily meant for games and dvds, so there is no bigger size.

I am hounding our ETL who does our ordering this week every day I am having him drop an order for stuff, then the next day dropping another then another, this next week we should be getting enough stuff that we don't know where we are going to put it all..

I went into a half dozen backup pallets last weekend I can’t imagie today will be different. Our SFS captain or TL or whatever was great about keeping pallets coming in and I reorganize them to condense and fill the stations. Stores should get reserve supplies next year automatically sent or at the DC ready to deliver to multiple stores (like an FDC multi store run)

They're pretty inconsistent when delivering. Obviously they're overstressed because they're getting mass orders from everybody, but my last order of 30 pallets came in 6 days where the order i placed on the day the last one arrived (21 more pallets) showed up in 30 hours... now we're over supplied lol (note: i also dont have a cutoff date for orders so its not that either)

This sounds way more efficient in doing this then what we do. If only I can explain that to everyone.
We had a tub and 2 carts of go backs at the SFS station. 3 go backs were items were needed for a cart when I told the seasonals to check the go back cart at SFS station. Our seasonal are so incompetent at following the list before INFing (backstock, go backs, fitting room, etc). We needed to start training them at the end of October instead of the week when we had the Stress Day.

Try having your team lead come in with 2 official days of training, but still knowing more than the "core" SFS team, ETLs, and in some cases STL, and some of the DTLs that are "helping". There are two people that know more than the temporary TL and one isn't able to help because they're related. We're understaffed and a week after Cyber Monday we're STILL hiring people. We might actually be adequate staffed by Green Monday. Training has been better than what the store normally does but, right now it's poor at best.

It hasn't hit a full dumpster fire proportions yet, but with HR messing with peoples schedule, ignoring exam week for TMs in school and not really planning on giving people a break I don't know many people are going to stick around.

Last edited:
It is so bad he is at Staples buying us supplies. We are using plastic trash aka clean wrappers to pad boxes right now.

If you're using the audit add 30% to need because that's how much the DTL said expected orders have been over. We're blowing through 439 like they are going out of style.

Very dead today in SFS. We've been lighting it up all week, now completely dead for some reason. Maybe only about 150 to 200 eaches to ship today.

Is that why I got no bubble wrap on headphones? I got a big box with item & that’s it.

Exactly we were out of air pillows, bubble wrap and down to using plastic bags from truck push trash as box stuffing.. Or taking the big clear trash bags using the as padding cause we were out of everything.. We got two rolls of bubble wrap today but none of our boxes or anything else showed up by the time I left..

If you're using the audit add 30% to need because that's how much the DTL said expected orders have been over. We're blowing through 439 like they are going out of style.

No shit. I have had him just order a pallet every order, we won't have room for nine pallets of them, but we will have them if we need them..

And yes it was slow, we had everything picked and about a half dozen to pack when I left at two..

SFS Q4
Shocked-Troy-Walks-Into-Fire-With-Pizza-Community.gif

Back