The daily deals were something like 30% off rugs and furniture. Since those items are so overpriced, taking only 30% off doesn't entice a lot of buyers, hence lower units dropping in.

Today and tomorrow are BOGO 50% off softlines, which might see more units than the furniture/rug deal. Also 10% off giftcards, are giftcards even orderable?

Last edited:
We were slow again today, but not as bad as yesterday. Our forecast skews heavier in the afternoon and evening, so we'll probably hit the forecast amount by the end of the night.

Can we please get some of the boxes we ordered over a week ago? Out of all small boxes. Out of pillows. But can we get any supplies? Nope. I stuck a remote in a huge box today and taped that baby up. If no one above me cares ....

As a wise ETL once scolded me, "You don't get paid to think, you get paid to do." Wise words I work by. I hope the guest likes their broken remote.

Can we please get some of the boxes we ordered over a week ago? Out of all small boxes. Out of pillows. But can we get any supplies? Nope. I stuck a remote in a huge box today and taped that baby up. If no one above me cares ....

As a wise ETL once scolded me, "You don't get paid to think, you get paid to do." Wise words I work by. I hope the guest likes their broken remote.

I feel you and this is going to be the downfall of target ship from store. The utter lack of care and attention of actually getting the products to the guest not smashed, broken and or leaking..

Is your order person ordering on the cutoff day? Mine is Monday and we get our supplies a couple days later. If I ordered on Tuesday, I wouldn't get my supplies for over a week.

Is your order person ordering on the cutoff day? Mine is Monday and we get our supplies a couple days later.

As a lowly tm, that isn't within the scope of my job. I'm told to pack. And when I ask if we are getting any boxes or shipping supplies, I'm told the stuff was ordered a week ago. So I can only assume that means the supplies were ordered on Sunday, November 25.

Now it's possible, probable even, that my tl and ETL and stl can't read a calendar and are confused by things like days and numbers. So who can say.

As a lowly tm, that isn't within the scope of my job. I'm told to pack. And when I ask if we are getting any boxes or shipping supplies, I'm told the stuff was ordered a week ago. So I can only assume that means the supplies were ordered on Sunday, November 25.

Now it's possible, probable even, that my tl and ETL and stl can't read a calendar and are confused by things like days and numbers. So who can say.
I doubt anyone even put in an order. Instead of looking like an idiot they are claiming 'uhhhh...we put in the order a week ago and have no idea why the supplies have not arrived."

I doubt anyone even put in an order. Instead of looking like an idiot they are claiming 'uhhhh...we put in the order a week ago and have no idea why the supplies have not arrived."

We get stuff ordered within 48hrs.. So they never actually did an order.

I honestly would drop a dime to the hotline with some of BS that is happening, since they really don't want their flagship SFS going to shit..

I have way too many things to keep track of in SFS, so supplies was the one thing I for damn sure did not want to worry about. I over order every week so we have yet to actually run out of anything this season. Then again, I don't have a cutoff date so I can just order whenever the hell I want and it'll show up in a few days so... The only annoying thing is the obnoxious wait for bubble wrap. It took almost 3 weeks for it to show up. We got down to our last roll before my order finally came in.

beat Amazon.

ugoKd.gif

Come on spot! Get your act together if you want to beat Amazon.

I was actually thinking about this very thing earlier today while I crawled over a flat of backstock to get to the electronics stockroom.

The difference is that Target is trying to run a brick and mortar store, with a grocery, while Amazon is strictly warehouse.

And my first thought was ... we are sacrificing the in-store guest experience for sfs. And doing, at best, mediocre at both.

But when it's a level field, when Amazon is running a brick and mortar store, I'll reevaluate my opinion.

Question: what exactly is a pack station barcode, and is it still even needed with Move/Pack and Ship?

Question: what exactly is a pack station barcode, and is it still even needed with Move/Pack and Ship?
It used to be this big barcode that was back at the pack station, and when we'd finish a batch on the PDA we would have to scan it to finish the batch. Typing "pack01" would work the same way. Once we switched to the Move program we haven't used it since.

Went to support a store in my area today; I'll be there all week. I've only worked in a B-vol pFresh before so walking into a gigantic ST with a HUGE SFS area was a bit mindblowing. This store must be one of the enhanced ones because they had at least 6 huge packing stations. I packed for an entire shift and I thought it was great fun. Some of the easiest work I've ever been paid to do by Target, lol.

Does anyone know how to access the Ship from Store helpline? It’s called STS and is separate from Help Desk/CSC. I used to have the number but have since misplaced it. I can’t find any contact info on Workbench

Come on spot! Get your act together if you want to beat Amazon.
beating amazon?
Jewish mom receives Nazi note in Amazon package - http://jewishstandard.timesofisrael.com/jewish-mom-receives-nazi-note-in-amazon-package/
65 pounds of marijuana found in Florida Amazon package - http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/state/65-pounds-of-marijuana-found-in-florida-amazon-package
Bolton teenager finds Help me note in Amazon package | Daily Mail Online - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5141537/Bolton-teenager-finds-Help-note-Amazon-package.html

Nah
I was actually thinking about this very thing earlier today while I crawled over a flat of backstock to get to the electronics stockroom.

The difference is that Target is trying to run a brick and mortar store, with a grocery, while Amazon is strictly warehouse.

And my first thought was ... we are sacrificing the in-store guest experience for sfs. And doing, at best, mediocre at both.

But when it's a level field, when Amazon is running a brick and mortar store, I'll reevaluate my opinion.
Hmm, I wonder what Whole foods is thinking right now?

Does anyone know how to access the Ship from Store helpline? It’s called STS and is separate from Help Desk/CSC. I used to have the number but have since misplaced it. I can’t find any contact info on Workbench
(888) 888-0304

@tmap98 I think you a digit.

What’s the difference for this #?
He mentioned Ship from Store then said STS, I’m a bit confused.
Stores Transportation Support. Until this year their main focus was DC trucks are trailers. They are the ones who your flow TL would contact to adjust trailer schedules and things like that. They now also deal with UPS/FedEx issues, and keep track of problems. I think it's a huge part of why Target started moving some stores to FedEx. UPS has to up their game if they want to stop losing work.

They also share a phone number with FMOC (Facilities Maintenance Operations Center), who you would call for various building issues like turning on the lights early or reporting a power outage if the PMT was not there.

For those of us with RFID enabled phones is their anyway we can pair the Sledge to search softlines? I've tried before with apps to no avail.

Back