How are orders for you guys on Thanksgiving?

I came in at 4am to 380+ DPCI for ship and 50+ DPCI for OPU. With only 4 people scheduled. And neither are slowing down right now. :(

I've been told that it's not any of my business. Oh well! Guess the guaranteed sales from SFS just aren't that important to my store.

Anyone else get a ton of OPUs for Christmas trees because of that additional 20% discount? It's like they time their orders so I have to make as many trips up in the Wave as possible to fetch trees from on top of the steel.

I was originally told don’t worry about the supplies, higher ups will do it. Their business didn’t get done so now I’m unofficially in-charge of knowing what to order.
We had ours on risers on the sales floor. After the 3rd tree for OPU, I took a bunch off the risers and just put them on the side in the backroom. Beats getting a step stool everytime.

Did anyone get a huge amount of orders yesterday for those Rubbermaid containers? Everyone’s cart wanted 10-20 and we already cleared the floor of it. We had to grab more from the Black Friday stock. 3 flats worth of Rubbermaid we’re laying around our SFS station as we pack.

Last edited:
I hate those damn Rubbermaid containers.
Omg same but after seeing so many I started considering one for myself. $7 isn't so bad and I can start meal prepping.. going crazy o_O:rolleyes::eek:

Barely going to come in right now I'm sure we hit our unit max.

Walked in at noon today to 600+(1300+). At least 10 tms are picking/packing plus BRTL & ETL Log. I'm the sole person picking OPU (this is what they call FA/SPU/Online Orders now right?) starting with 75(100). Every item on the salesfloor is fair game except for some door buster tvs in Starbucks.

I came in at 4am to 380+ DPCI for ship and 50+ DPCI for OPU. With only 4 people scheduled. And neither are slowing down right now. :(
Flow team is doing it even though none of them have actually even packed a box.

Also this fucking system makes too much backstock

Why can't I skip to floor location, most of the time it's just to take an item that's unlocated in the backstock instead of pulling it off the shelf

Just completed a 7 am to 5 pm shift for Flex Fulfillment. Not all merchandise was set/located where they were supposed to be. Did not make In Store Pick Times. I estimate about 300 DPCIs for 550+ Eaches OPUs for merchandise featured in the BF ad. I estimate about 675 DPCIs for SFS Orders. In-Store Guests may have some difficulty finding items that online guests ordered. Some items that we pulled an abundance of: Neon Nin. Switch, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Echos, Beats UrBeats, and PS4 1 TB console. Guest service was cluttered as usual.

I highly recommend that you get familiar with where the merchandise is located and partner with each departments' representatives. Hold on to your orders within arms reach. Guests will shop out of your baskets.

If anyone is reading, I wish you luck tonight and Happy Thanksgiving. As for me, I'm going to enjoy some food, a beverage and good old tv. Adieu.

Did anyone make pick time today?

"Hahahahaha! Oh, you were being serious. In that case I'll laugh even harder! HAHAHAHAHA!"

Just completed a 7 am to 5 pm shift for Flex Fulfillment. Not all merchandise was set/located where they were supposed to be. Did not make In Store Pick Times. I estimate about 300 DPCIs for 550+ Eaches OPUs for merchandise featured in the BF ad. I estimate about 675 DPCIs for SFS Orders. In-Store Guests may have some difficulty finding items that online guests ordered. Some items that we pulled an abundance of: Neon Nin. Switch, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Echos, Beats UrBeats, and PS4 1 TB console. Guest service was cluttered as usual.

I highly recommend that you get familiar with where the merchandise is located and partner with each departments' representatives. Hold on to your orders within arms reach. Guests will shop out of your baskets.

If anyone is reading, I wish you luck tonight and Happy Thanksgiving. As for me, I'm going to enjoy some food, a beverage and good old tv. Adieu.

I'll compose a rant tomorrow. Just clocked out, 8pm, and back here tomorrow 6am-2:30pm...

Last edited:
Started off slow, but really picked up around 9am. We were picking way faster than we were packing, so the system stopped sending us orders and had them "held upstream" (listed on the order flow report). It eventually dropped them on us all at once, and that scenario repeated a couple more times throughout the day.

We got 2800 units (1500 forecast). Can't remember how many units were completed but it was over 1000 orders by adding up the totals on the dashboard in Manhattan. Hundreds to pack still and over 1000 units to pick for Friday...

Did anyone get a huge amount of orders yesterday for those Rubbermaid containers?
We picked an entire pallet clean on Wednesday. The big sellers today were the Xbox and the box 26 Christmas trees.

Did anyone make pick time today?
We would have if we didn't get dumped on early in the afternoon. We didn't even make the pack goal because we were trying to get as much picks for tomorrow done as possible before 6pm.

Random question but what does RHMD stand for under order inquiry?
Removed from hold. It means there order was packed and it will eventually change to COMP (completed).

@mobileFellow @mobilelady

Any insight as to how the virtual backlog decides when to release orders to a store?

Every time we would start to make progress, the system would dump hundreds of more units on us and it would put us even farther behind than we were before, and put us way over our forecast. Meanwhile, other stores are at or close to 100% picked and packed but have received exactly the amount forecasted and have nothing in the backlog.

It's not that I'm complaining, because I love the OT and my STL loves the sales, but it would be nice to know how it's supposed to work.

@mobileFellow @mobilelady
Any insight as to how the virtual backlog decides when to release orders to a store?

It's not that I'm complaining, because I love the OT and my STL loves the sales, but it would be nice to know how it's supposed to work.

I don’t know where I read it on thanksgiving but it said it’s based on how packing is going. Once we have more packed, the virtual backlog will drop more into the zebra to pick. I think it was a paper my TL printed but not sure where they printed it from or maybe it was on workbench. I saw a post about SFS/OPU on the main page.

I just left and we finished packing at around 11:30pm and didn’t finish picking until 1030pm for thanksgiving workload. Someone left a paused batch and nobody found the cart until like 10pm. Our pack on time according to the SFS hourly report was 15%, lowest in our district.
Must be nice having OT approved. My store and team are in the “no OT at-all” mode right now. Maybe because of strict California laws but we’re gonna need to more people for the next few days. Saw a 700 units still in the backlog at 12am.

Omg it was a nightmare.... i came in at 9pm still had 200 to pick for today and 300 to pack x_x..... now we have 2800 eaches at 6am and the system also dropped 574 eaches for tomorrow at 6am ....never seen that b4.... I guess we reached our max

Omg it was a nightmare.... i came in at 9pm still had 200 to pick for today and 300 to pack x_x..... now we have 2800 eaches at 6am and the system also dropped 574 eaches for tomorrow at 6am ....never seen that b4.... I guess we reached our max

You’ll hit your max but who knows, they might go over it. It’s barely 6am if your EST, so more is gonna drop once more is packed by my guess.
Go Virtual Backlog!!

I don’t know where I read it on thanksgiving but it said it’s based on how packing is going. Once we have more packed, the virtual backlog will drop more into the zebra to pick. I think it was a paper my TL printed but not sure where they printed it from or maybe it was on workbench. I saw a post about SFS/OPU on the main page.
I recall reading that as well and I believe that was the explanation given by our group ops director on a conference call a few weeks ago. But as an example we would go from 200 to pack down to 150 and it would dump a few hundred units on us from the backlog. So we would prioritize picking. Then we would go from 400 to pack down to 300 and it would dump more. It got to the point where we had over 500 orders to pack and it was still dropping more. Same thing with the picks, it just kept drastically increasing our total every time we made a bit of a dent in it.

If Target wants to fully complete with Amazon they need to do better packing items. Also, shipping a microwave in its original box with Target tape on it is not appropriate packing. Guess what got returned because the box got damage and dented the microwave. Also, mailing a larger high value item with Target tape on it is just free advertising for thieves to steal an item. All items should be placed in a non-descript box.

We also had that happen. By 8am we had like 900 eaches of ship today and the ship tomorrows were already dropping in. But the order flow report listed them all as ship today until after 1pm...

What I was told is Target pushed back every new order's expected delivery date by 1 day. Which still doesn't really explain much. It was also not made clear how that affects the pick and pack deadlines.

If Target wants to fully complete with Amazon they need to do better packing items. Also, shipping a microwave in its original box with Target tape on it is not appropriate packing. Guess what got returned because the box got damage and dented the microwave. Also, mailing a larger high value item with Target tape on it is just free advertising for thieves to steal an item. All items should be placed in a non-descript box.
Putting a microwave in a box would just make it worse, unless we happened to have a size that fit it perfectly. Something that heavy would shift around and be very awkward to carry in one of our boxes. Plus, the manufacturer ships it to Target without a box and the DCs send it to the stores like that, and they make the journey just fine. It sounds more like poor handling by the shipper.

Welp, we gave it our best effort but in the end, nearly 5000 eaches with only 32 carts went about as I figured it would. With there being even more eaches forecasted for next week, I figure we'll see the light at end of the tunnel by Dec wk 4ish :D
It's kind of demoralizing how fast the orders drop in, making it seem like no progress is being made. We did 2200 units in 1200 orders today, but by the end of the night there was still over 1000 units to pick.

Back