Manhattan is a very powerful tool. I actually helped someone from corporate last week because whatever system they were accessing for one of my SFS orders wasn't giving them enough information. I was able to pull a little bit more for them from Manhatten.

If you put the browser in compatibility mode after logging to Manhattan, it makes the page way cleaner.

STL confirmed we're getting 3000+ eaches for Black Friday. 30+ tms will be scheduled. Most of which are new, need to be trained, didn't sign up for it, don't want to partake, or all of the above.
Screen_Shot_2015-05-12_at_3.31.31_PM.png

Follow up to this post walked in yesterday to 10 of the 17 carts from the previous day, 800+(1000+) [not including tms in batches]. Rinse and repeat. I left at 2:30 to 500+(700+) showing with tomorrows already dropping. 12+ tms yet it appeared we didn't put a dent into the orders. Fun Fun Fun...

Last edited:
Closing team, ha. Not to my knowledge. They beg folks to stay past their shift to help pack.

What the fuck?! My STL and ETL would be losing their shit if we had that many and weren't meeting the goals. Hell, they're already starting to freak out over not having the ship tomorrow orders completed by close.

Hopefully the virtual backlog is turned on for Thanksgiving and works as intended.

Are u guys not scheduling a closing team?...... today we came in to 100 plus eaches and 39 to pack @ 4am.....because we had a closing team of 8 to 12 team members I think .....
I've noticed that at 4am there's barely anything new that's dropped since the 10pm reset. It's always less than 50 for us. So having a closing team to come clean would be a huge help. Unfortunately we don't have one, so there is still a fair bit of scrambling every morning.

What the fuck?! My STL and ETL would be losing their shit if we had that many and weren't meeting the goals. Hell, they're already starting to freak out over not having the ship tomorrow orders completed by close.

I can't stress enough how deplorable my store is regarding communication, efficiency and basic team morale. STL only chants about sales. If one looked through my post history I'd appear to be very judgmental and pessimistic about my store but I've become disgruntled. Were it not for maintaining anonymity I'd divulge much more.

Last edited:

Hopefully the virtual backlog is turned on for Thanksgiving and works as intended.

I've noticed that at 4am there's barely anything new that's dropped since the 10pm reset. It's always less than 50 for us. So having a closing team to come clean would be a huge help. Unfortunately we don't have one, so there is still a fair bit of scrambling every morning.

Having one, or two people packing the closing picks at 4am, makes a world of difference for us. Our main SFS force comes in at 6am and we can usually get 100% of the carts clean by the time they come in and can start picking.

Do you have problems where sometimes (often) the collate doesn't print with one of the barcodes? And then all those collates have to be reprinted? The barcode that the drivers scan.

One TM mentioned this to me yesterday as he had to reprint one. Given we've processed a few thousand orders the past week it's an anomaly for us.

One TM mentioned this to me yesterday as he had to reprint one. Given we've processed a few thousand orders the past week it's an anomaly for us.

Gotcha. Thanks. Yeah, I guess it's a relatively small amount compared to how many orders have gone through.. but when they slip by unnoticed until the driver shows up and suddenly a bunch of them need to be reprinted.. it's been a pain.

I'm assuming eventually they all will, but as of right now I don't think so.
Maybe because of 4th quarter. My store hasn’t been notified of a FedEx switch (redwire or workbench) but then again, communication sucks at my store for minor changes I.e. rugs and hazardous.

I assume so but not 100% sure.
That'll suck for us... there's not a local Fedex hub in our general area... we're surrounded by UPS hubs though. So calling in a package sweep takes little effort (well, before having to do it through 701, that is).

Is all stores suppose to switch to fedex?
I think it will just depend on cost and local needs. I'm sure a big part of why they started asking us to call STS is so they can log any problems. Only two stores in my area have switched to FedEx so far.

Back