Anyone tried getting in contact with UPS account manager? Ours is not answering his voicemail. He's about as useless as the UPS guy that knocks twice on the dock door and leaves 2 minutes after.

Did anyone else notice the virtual backlog was turned on this morning? We had like 400 units "held upstream" when I checked this morning, but later in the day that entire column was gone from the hourly report.

I believe it does. I can't remember exactly unfortunately
I looked over the many, many columns on the report today and there is no "cap" amount. It does list the forecast for the day, which is nice to have, but I don't know if that's going to act as a hard cap.

Go to Warehouse Management by hitting the tiny blue icon on the top left.
On this screen to the left of the place where you input the carton/oLpn #, theres a tiny triangle facing like this (>).
Click that and it drops down an extra menu.
In this menu there is a place to input Item# (dpci)
Pop in the full number including dashes.
Hit apply.
Profit.
Thank you so much for this! We had an incident with an item not being packed in with a guest's order and nobody else knew how to do this, so it helped out a lot! (nobody knew how to do it on the PDAs either, lol)

Do you have problems where sometimes (often) the collate doesn't print with one of the barcodes? And then all those collates have to be reprinted? The barcode that the drivers scan.

Nope but will keep an eye out for it. Only seen it on two page collates that the second page is blank. But that is supposed to be that way as far as a shipping label part.

Nope but will keep an eye out for it. Only seen it on two page collates that the second page is blank. But that is supposed to be that way as far as a shipping label part.

The collate will mostly look normal, and the packing barcode is on it. There's just a blank space in the middle where the FedEx driver's barcode is.

The collate will mostly look normal, and the packing barcode is on it. There's just a blank space in the middle where the FedEx driver's barcode is.

I figured it would be odd, but haven't seen or heard from my fellow SFS peeps that labels had issues. I am sure the issue will hit when we have way to many people trying to run the show..

If you guys get multiple quantities for a DPCI and partial pick a few but not all that’s needed, it will mark the rest not picked as INF. If I want 8 of 025-05-3117 and pick only 6, the 2 not picked will be marked as INF.
My store noticed this a few weeks ago but it sounded like someone on here didn’t know about this when I told them about it.

Yeah I've noticed this as well. It doesn't always mark the INF with your team member number either
The new system is legit auto-inf happy. For example, one of my tms thought it was ok to scan the ship alones into a location that didnt exist because all my single locs were in use. They were all inf'd. The list of infs on the cancel report with no name on it is ridiculous.

The flex system isn't equiped to handle this many orders, everything is late because I need to wait forever for the lod to find an inf that's not there. Plus I can't locate complete orders until the entire batch is done

Fuck

Last edited:
It also INFs the item if it takes you to a backroom location and hit all items scanned because it isn't there. You have to exit the batch and find a PDA to locu the location.

The new system is legit auto-inf happy. For example, one of my tms thought it was ok to scan the ship alones into a location that didnt exist because all my single locs were in use. They were all inf'd. The list of infs on the cancel report with no name on it is ridiculous.
On the new weekly report, we didn't have any INFs with no name attached. I'm not sure if those are just not counted now, if they're not listed, or if it just assigns it to the TM.

Our forecast today was so fucking wrong because of the Redcard early Black Friday access. We were actually forecast for less than yesterday, but when I left we had received 130% of the forecast. So I guess that answers my question yesterday about whether or not the forecast is also the cap.

We're having problems with duplicate collates printing. If you alter a collate for whatever reason, cancelling an item/splitting it, it will prompt for an updated collate as it normally should. But then after that order, the next collate that you pack will also prompt to be reprinted. For no reason.

Our forecast today was so fucking wrong because of the Redcard early Black Friday access. We were actually forecast for less than yesterday, but when I left we had received 130% of the forecast. So I guess that answers my question yesterday about whether or not the forecast is also the cap.
We were under forecast by a lot. We've been pretty much scavenging for stuff to do for the last week. By the time Black Friday is here my team will be a bunch of blood thirsty maniacs just straight killing batches lol We were "supposed" to get 1800 units today...only got 1200. We destroyed that and got 140 orders worth of Thanksgiving out of the way. Dunno how much of a dent that made but screw it...staying positive lol

If you guys get multiple quantities for a DPCI and partial pick a few but not all that’s needed, it will mark the rest not picked as INF. If I want 8 of 025-05-3117 and pick only 6, the 2 not picked will be marked as INF.
My store noticed this a few weeks ago but it sounded like someone on here didn’t know about this when I told them about it.

This is where your back room accuracy can bite you in the ass. Cause a location will say 6 but if only 4 are there, you have tell it you only have four. So either you have to search for another location before entering your count or bite the bullet.. :(

We were 150% units of our forecasted units. We had to grab support from different departments and we barely made pick on time. For some reason, some carts weren’t able to wave through. We had to wait until 4pm for those carts to wave through but we made pack on-time luckily.

It also INFs the item if it takes you to a backroom location and hit all items scanned because it isn't there. You have to exit the batch and find a PDA to locu the location.

On the new weekly report, we didn't have any INFs with no name attached. I'm not sure if those are just not counted now, if they're not listed, or if it just assigns it to the TM.

Sometimes if you do a partial pick or hit “all items scanned” the item will come back as a NOP or the sales floor home location if you exit out of the cart. However, it might not show up again when you exit the cart. I’ve found no consistency as other team members are able to repick the partial picks while others can’t repick the partial picks. The new system is confusing and moody.

We were under forecast by a lot. We've been pretty much scavenging for stuff to do for the last week. By the time Black Friday is here my team will be a bunch of blood thirsty maniacs just straight killing batches lol We were "supposed" to get 1800 units today...only got 1200. We destroyed that and got 140 orders worth of Thanksgiving out of the way. Dunno how much of a dent that made but screw it...staying positive lol
Lucky for you guys. When I was looking through the order flow report at 4pm, the company as a whole was at 120% (and that was at 4pm...I'm sure it's much higher by now). And then there was an ESFS store that still had 500 to PICK and like 400 to pack for today...

This is where your back room accuracy can bite you in the ass. Cause a location will say 6 but if only 4 are there, you have tell it you only have four. So either you have to search for another location before entering your count or bite the bullet.. :(
That's why I try to carry a PDA with me, for quick locu-ing.

Sometimes if you do a partial pick or hit “all items scanned” the item will come back as a NOP or the sales floor home location if you exit out of the cart. However, it might not show up again when you exit the cart. I’ve found no consistency as other team members are able to repick the partial picks while others can’t repick the partial picks. The new system is confusing and moody.
I honestly haven't tried it again since it caused me to INF a pickup order a few months ago. Although with partial picking, I've only seen it come back once or twice out of probably a few dozen times. I'm just getting in the habit of using the skip button as much as possible and checking to see how many of an item it wants before scanning it.

Yeah we had 120% to forecast today. Every other day we have been about 20-30% to forecast lol. We were so close I had to have the receiver support but luckily we were able to pick on time with 10 minutes to spare. Let's see how tomorrow goes.

Good call out about those INFs we have been getting hit hard with that I'll make sure I let my team know

That's why I try to carry a PDA with me, for quick locu-ing.

I have held up and flipped over to Mywork and found a second location to add to it, or robbed the sales floor. We don't have enough equipment to carry both. :( I will not cover up others fuck ups. That can come up on backroom accuracy. o_O

Last edited:
I've just about had it with being unable to skip backroom locations to pull from the sales floor. Today, I had to walk past the big pallet of Nintendo Switches to go open another casepack of Nintendo Switches over in the electronics backroom. I understand pulling from the backroom first makes less work for the sales floor team but I'm going to have 40 people running around picking and if I have 10 of them with Switches or god knows whatever console in their batches, we're going to have a bunch of angry people looking for these things real fast...

My store is now out of 439s and 454s, and we're not doing too well on polybags of certain sizes or water activated tape. Kill me now.

Does anyone know what happens if, for an OPU, there are 2 items needed for the order, and on the "How many did you pick?" screen, we enter 1? Obviously it INFs the second item, but does it notify the guest that we were able to complete part of their order, or does it send them the standard "your order couldn't be fulfilled" email? It still asks for a hold location, so it must not cancel the order, but we've had guests unaware that their full order wasn't fulfilled so I'm not sure.

My store is now out of 439s and 454s, and we're not doing too well on polybags of certain sizes or water activated tape. Kill me now.

Does anyone know what happens if, for an OPU, there are 2 items needed for the order, and on the "How many did you pick?" screen, we enter 1? Obviously it INFs the second item, but does it notify the guest that we were able to complete part of their order, or does it send them the standard "your order couldn't be fulfilled" email? It still asks for a hold location, so it must not cancel the order, but we've had guests unaware that their full order wasn't fulfilled so I'm not sure.

Talk to your TL or whoever orders your supplies. If your out, do a rush order on SAP or ask if there’s any other nearby Target stores that could spare supplies. I’ve heard someone on here do that before but I don’t know if we can do that anymore

For the OPU, it notifies the guest the order is ready for pickup even for a partial order. The guest will get an email “Your order is ready for pickup” with a list of items ready for pickup. I don’t think guest check the actual list of items but assume all their items are there for pickup. That’s why they’re unaware of their full order not picked.

I tested OPU at another store yesterday. This is the email guests receive when an item from their order wasn't fulfilled. All but one of my items were fulfilled I felt bad causing them an INF lol

Subject: Action Needed: Update your deliver method

Body: Hi Guest,

Unfortunately, an item from your order is no longer available at your store.
We apologize for the inconvenience. To make up for it, we'd like to offer you free shipping (based on item availability). If you'd prefer to pick it up instead, check availability at a store near you.
You'll need to act quickly. Your item will be canceled within the next 2 days if we don't hear from you.

Gives you the option to do ship from store or select another store to PU at so the guest knows what was fulfilled and what wasn't.

I tested OPU at another store yesterday. This is the email guests receive when an item from their order wasn't fulfilled. All but one of my items were fulfilled I felt bad causing them an INF lol

Subject: Action Needed: Update your deliver method

Body: Hi Guest,

Unfortunately, an item from your order is no longer available at your store.
We apologize for the inconvenience. To make up for it, we'd like to offer you free shipping (based on item availability). If you'd prefer to pick it up instead, check availability at a store near you.
You'll need to act quickly. Your item will be canceled within the next 2 days if we don't hear from you.

Gives you the option to do ship from store or select another store to PU at so the guest knows what was fulfilled and what wasn't.

Dang they changed it since September then.

Talk to your TL or whoever orders your supplies. If your out, do a rush order on SAP or ask if there’s any other nearby Target stores that could spare supplies. I’ve heard someone on here do that before but I don’t know if we can do that anymore.
I've been told that it's not any of my business. Oh well! Guess the guaranteed sales from SFS just aren't that important to my store.

To make up for it, we'd like to offer you free shipping (based on item availability). If you'd prefer to pick it up instead, check availability at a store near you.
I wonder, during this time of year, how many guests get that email and never realize that the shipping online is free anyway.

Anyone else get a ton of OPUs for Christmas trees because of that additional 20% discount? It's like they time their orders so I have to make as many trips up in the Wave as possible to fetch trees from on top of the steel.

Back