Yo!! Did anybody else have the monkeys from corporate visit their store?
It was chaos in ours, with all the extra cleaning etc to prepare ( if you keep your house clean all the time , it shouldn't matter when or who shows up).
On the day of our visit, ETLS came in early, in their street clothes, to shoot EXFS for end caps, then changed to Red & Khaki for the visit...some of them looked so cute in their "New" clothes.
Was told the primary reason for the visit was to check out our ESFS, as we are far and away the best in our district, with double the numbers of the 2nd place store.
Also,,,our orders are going to cap at 1500 per day sometime in November , with supposedly 50 new TMs.
Gawd help us all!

We used to get corporate and regional visits semi-frequently when SFS was still new, but not much recently. Just a handful of local visits to look at our setup and get trained.

I've lost count of how many randomly people came in to take pictures of our pack station setup though. We had a PMT come in and take close up pictures of everything a few weeks ago as he was getting ready for the install at his store.

That one was actually a directive from corporate. He should be designating a TM to handle that each day by adding an SPU tag to their shift on the printed schedule.

I would say it won't be that bad, but I'd be lying. We had some days last year where the designated SPU person had to ask for help because there were too many dropping in too fast to be able to complete them by the goal time.
Pretty sure Cyber Monday last year was hell. Unless I'm remembering a different event, I remember there being four people on SPU and that wasn't enough to bandage the wounds

Spotted this on Reddit:

3921c4026cb24886965be67c58e43535

Those of you in SFS stores, do your invoices print on thermal paper? When I receive a STS order with a thermal paper invoice, I always have trouble scanning the release barcode; half the time, part of the barcode and release ID number are cut off because the printing is too large for the paper. And bonus points if half the sheet is missing because the paper didn't tear correctly along the perforation.

Nope, our printers use toner, which never ever smears or runs out or causes any problems.

@mrknownothing have you seen the "no packslip" option for checking in orders? Scroll down on the main Receive screen and it will let you scan the item to figure out what order it's from.

After last year's Black Friday/Cyber Monday debacle (400+ SPUs in the gun for almost a week, no district support) we will have a designated team the entire weekend. Fingers crossed that we can keep our heads above water this time around. They should be giving us sales floor TMs to train in addition to BRTMs. Especially in those down times between rushes on black thursday/friday, we'll be playing catch up.

Get your SPU hold locations cleaned up and backup hold locations ready soon if you haven't already. I got mine done in October when they shut off our SFS for the day, and I'm glad I did because it's been crazy busy since then.

So I have a question about STS.. so since stores are sending orders to other stores.. which store gets the sale.. the store that sends the order? Or the store that receives the order for the guest to pick up?

So I have a question about STS.. so since stores are sending orders to other stores.. which store gets the sale.. the store that sends the order? Or the store that receives the order for the guest to pick up?
I have been wondering the same thing. I'd bet they both get the sale and it's going to fuck up some numbers in HQs accounting department.

I know for sure we sent several expensive items to other stores last week, and at least one of them should show up on the weekly SFS report under top 5 items by $ amount. So whenever that report updates, I'll see if it's on there or not.

I'm not sure if there's a way to see any detail about STS sales though. Afaik the weekly report just shows the total dollar amount of sales.

I have been wondering the same thing. I'd bet they both get the sale and it's going to fuck up some numbers in HQs accounting department.

I know for sure we sent several expensive items to other stores last week, and at least one of them should show up on the weekly SFS report under top 5 items by $ amount. So whenever that report updates, I'll see if it's on there or not.

I'm not sure if there's a way to see any detail about STS sales though. Afaik the weekly report just shows the total dollar amount of sales.
I'm guessing it either gets split in half or the store that sends the order out gets it.... and if the guests doesn't pick it up then the money comes out of the received store sales

How have your guys' stores been ramping up for Q4? We've switched over to a 24 hour operation at 1500 hours with a morning, evening, and overnight shift. We have or are hiring somewhere between 25 and 35 seasonals for the increase. I haven't been in in a few days so I can't tell how we're doing right this moment, but it's looking like we'll be having a rough time this next month and a half.

Also, looks like I'll be working SFS on Black Friday since we are lacking people in SFS. I sure hope that I'm part of the morning crew that day.

We have been prepping whenever we can, and I think we're at the point now where there's nothing more to do. I've got 24 pallets of boxes in and organized in the steel; 16 carts, 2 flats, 2 tubs, and 9 sheets of paper hold locations; hold location labels replaced as needed; SPU locations organized and cleaned out; 3 fully stocked packing stations ready to go.

We will be getting the POG team again, and possibly a few Flow TMs, depending on how many seasonals they can hire. I think we were supposed to add 16 TMs, and we're nowhere close to that right now. I've noticed the order forecast is being updated pretty frequently now, and it has us at 1000 orders some days (considerably higher than the initial 750 forecast).

We got a new flow TL and a new ETL-LOG this month, and they won't be doing the truck unload any earlier than 4am, so no overnight operation for us.

We just started SFS and I am a nervous wreck about the holiday season. We are nowhere near prepared for what Target will throw our way.

We just started SFS recently and I was just trained yesterday. How many items can be in a batch? Our store is currently limited to 25 batches a day, but how many items can be in a batch? The person who was training me thinks that it is 25, but they weren't sure.

Generally you will find that it'll hover around 25 items as a maximum per batch. Sometimes, if there is a large order for a single item, you'll have more than that but it's pretty uncommon.

We just started SFS recently and I was just trained yesterday. How many items can be in a batch? Our store is currently limited to 25 batches a day, but how many items can be in a batch? The person who was training me thinks that it is 25, but they weren't sure.
25 items max per batch, unless there is a single order for more than 25 items.

There is no limit on how many batches your store can get, only a limit on the actual number of orders. I think new stores are starting out with 25 orders per day max, but it will quickly increase over the next few weeks.

We started SFS this week and I was told for Black Friday week the limit will be raised to 500. I'm not sure how we are going to get this all done. Its not that hard, but I have a feeling picking over that weekend is going to be extremely difficult and we have to deal with the regular flexibles as well

Our store just started SFS this past week and had something that confused us today.

After all our orders were packed and ready to be shipped, we had multiple items still in our three their carts. They were pulled in one of the batches, but did not go to an order. When doing a location inquiry, the carts come up as empty. We called up another store who said if you go to fast it can mess up the system, but how does that make sense? In our case, we had multiple orders for video games (thanks to early BF deals). If I had three for Titanfall and the next item was three Battlefields, if I scan the next item too quickly, is it possible it doesn't register? Just wondering how something like that could happen as we were fairly confident that all the packages had the correct items in them.

One thought I had (and I don't know if this is possible). If an order that was packed (but not yet picked up by UPS) ends up cancelled from the guest's side, is there a way to look it up in the system? As far as we could tell, it wasn't an issue of the shipping labels not printing since the LODs were able to go on the computer and see that everything was good to go.

One other question. What's the easiest way to tape the box? Seems for the bigger boxes, the tape gets a little unwieldy at times and the sticky stuff ends up more on me than the box itself.

On big boxes I don't fold down the long box flaps before taping so I can center and hang the tape 1/2 on 1/2 off one long box flap. Then I can push the flap down with tape attached to meet the other flap and smooth the tape. Keeps me from tangling the tape up and allows for centering the tape left-to-right. I haven't figured out how not to get sticky :)

Back