What do you all do with assortment items? For example, a guest ordered something from BUCK for which the same DPCI represented a cat decoration and a dog decoration. How are we supposed to know which item to pick? This happened a while ago so maybe Target came up with a resolution such as people can't order assortment items via SFS/SPU.

What do you all do with assortment items? For example, a guest ordered something from BUCK for which the same DPCI represented a cat decoration and a dog decoration. How are we supposed to know which item to pick? This happened a while ago so maybe Target came up with a resolution such as people can't order assortment items via SFS/SPU.
Officially it's not supposed to happen. But in reality it happens all the time.

I give them whichever one I grab first.

I had this with a rubber pot holder. They ordered four and we had four different colors, so I gave them four different colors, lol.

Yeah with items that are one DPCI but request multiple, I try to give em one of each color.

Is anyone else doing the USPS pilot? We've been informed it's supposed to happen sometime this month, but nothing more since then.

The pilot from what we've been told so far is that we have to set aside local packages from a list of local zip codes for the USPS to pickup. Pickup time was listed as 2 am to 5 am, but a lot of us aren't sure it'll happen.

Is anyone else doing the USPS pilot? We've been informed it's supposed to happen sometime this month, but nothing more since then.

The pilot from what we've been told so far is that we have to set aside local packages from a list of local zip codes for the USPS to pickup. Pickup time was listed as 2 am to 5 am, but a lot of us aren't sure it'll happen.
I've seen the pilot page and I think it said only 3 stores have been doing it so far. It sounds like a nightmare for stores that aren't overnight or don't have a solid SFS team.

Will is say something on the label like it does for rush or do we have to look at the zip's

We had an interesting SFS pick today.. 2T toddler boys underwear in the item info. Couldn't find it, so plug the dpci into Checkpoint. Which insists it's a 6M baby onesie thing.

Plug it into the Target app.. yup, both items have the same dpci :rolleyes:. Confused everyone, including my TL and ETL.

206-05-1079

Last edited:
We had an interesting SFS pick today.. 2T toddler boys underwear in the item info. Couldn't find it, so plug the dpci into Checkpoint. Which insists it's a 6M baby onesie thing.

Plug it into the Target app.. yup, both items have the same dpci :rolleyes:. Confused everyone, including my TL and ETL.

206-05-1079
Which one did you guys send? Or did someone call CSC ?

I would have picked the onesie (or both if I had both) and checked the collate for the TCI number, since that is a different number for each on the Target app.

Mismatched items are the best, especially when CSC insists they're not wrong. Like buddy, I seriously have nothing better to do than to send in support tickets to muck with inventories nationwide?

Greetings. First visit to Breakroom. We have an abusive guest; she order 5 to 20 items (all low ticket), then cancels in a couple of hours or next day. This has been going on since November, but lately she's ramped up her "orders", sometimes 5 or 6 a week. Anyone else have this problem, and any remedies?

As far as I'm aware, there really isn't anything you can do about it. You could potentially mySupport the issue and corporate might deign it worthy of their attention, but beyond that I don't think anything can be done at the store level.

Greetings. First visit to Breakroom. We have an abusive guest; she order 5 to 20 items (all low ticket), then cancels in a couple of hours or next day. This has been going on since November, but lately she's ramped up her "orders", sometimes 5 or 6 a week. Anyone else have this problem, and any remedies?
Does she ever pick them up? I'd be tempted to just key them in without actually picking them. Which could of course backfire if she does show up to get them.

We have a regular guest who does large orders multiple times per week, with very random items. Some of the items he orders every time though, and there's no logical reason to order them so often (like a can opener). I don't mind as much though since he orders overnight and almost always picks it up.

As far as I'm aware, there really isn't anything you can do about it. You could potentially mySupport the issue and corporate might deign it worthy of their attention, but beyond that I don't think anything can be done at the store level.

What they need to do is charge a 5 doller restocking fee per item.

At my former company we had a customer who would place multiple on line orders. Like I'm redecorating my entire house type of orders. She would come in to pick up and we had to open and she would examine every single item and would take NOTHING! We're talking 100s of dollars an order plus transportation cost!!# We finally blacklisted her. Basically she received a letter stating that given her return rate that we were unable to meet her needs and we would no longer be accepting her orders.

Also, do you think it'd be better to pick all eaches across all orders at once, where you'd be most efficient in picking OR continuing to pick as you do today? If you picked eaches across all orders, we'd need to "merge" the orders in the BR via a put wall. Thoughts??

Also, do you think it'd be better to pick all eaches across all orders at once, where you'd be most efficient in picking OR continuing to pick as you do today? If you picked eaches across all orders, we'd need to "merge" the orders in the BR via a put wall. Thoughts??

It would be great if it would separate batches by section. I get that it wouldnt work as much towards the end of shift but when you do the initial batch in the morning it could try and separate the batches so most of the batch 1 is things with backroom locations. Batch 2 is a+b block..... Batch 10 is all softlines.

Anybody have preference on working NOP within your orders or all at one time at the end (once all located items have been picked)? Working on new pathing options for FF.

I'd prefer all NOP to be all at one time at the end.

*Remembers a bunch of newbies wandering around softlines during 4th quarter -- looking lost and probably hitting Item Not Found.*

I'd have the strongest person look for and work the NOP batch.

Yeah, not sure why initial batches aren't grouped by area, but the pathing stays consistent per batch. Batch 1 might start at aisle 1 and work to opposite corner of the store. Why does batch 2 and so forth also start at aisle 1?

I get that it wouldnt work as much towards the end of shift
Feel like this could be supplemented by system knowing where your previous batch ended and start there and work backward? Wonder if the system even 'knows' things like that, though.

NOP for sure at the end.

Anyone else getting weird multiple orders for the same item/same person?

We had about 35 eaches for a very low ticket item all going to the same person. However, it printed seperate collates for every two items. They were all the same items, and each collate suggested different box sizes.

What is best practice for this? Do you HAVE to send them all separately like the collate suggests or can you combine them all, put all packing slips into a large box, and use only one of the shipping labels on the box?

Anybody have preference on working NOP within your orders or all at one time at the end (once all located items have been picked)? Working on new pathing options for FF.
I'd prefer if those items came with the located items of the same department in the batch. So if Girls is in J-block at my store, I'd like NOP Girls items to come after located items in J.

It used to group all NOP at the end of the batch, but these days it's often sparodic and seemingly random (especially when I start picking both located and NOP softlines). So really anything would be an improvement over that.

I would absolutely love it if the batching was more efficient! It would be very helpful to batch departments together and keep all eaches of the same item in one batch, so we wouldn't be doing entire loops of the store for every batch.

However, I understand the reason for batches being the way they are now is to keep orders together. I wouldn't want to change it if there's a possibility of it causing issues in Q4 when we have 500 orders with 10 people picking and 10 people packing. Mismatched carts, items, and collates was already a big enough problem last year.

Back