The old system we needed everything picked by 2 pm. With two different categories now, the 430 and 10:30. Do those both have to be picked by 2 pm now as well?

The dirty little secret is Target got rid of the pick goal as it was just an indication of if you were likely to make pack. The only metrics that matter are INF and pack on time. Damage report also matters, but you'll never hear a TM talk about that one.

So..."Prep."

The only way I see this being anything other than a colossal waste of time is if during Q4 some minimally-trained TMs are tasked with just prepping carts before someone else packs them, though in my store's limited SFS space they'll probably just be in the way. Otherwise this is just an unnecessary extra bunch of steps.
found a loophole to that. Just hit prep complete and it transfers everything from the subcart straight to pack. Everyone at my store agrees this refresh is complete garbage. Having 16 subcart labels per cart? Um no thanks.

I wish I'd read through this a couple of months ago. We found out about the ePick app about halfway into the day when it rolled out, because no one told us. We went a few hours with no new orders dropping in, and getting alerts but OPUs not showing up. ETL told me to ask TL, who said, "Oh yeah ... I think I saw something about that." Hey, thanks.
Same with the goal time change for OPUs. I noticed it Monday and asked if it was a new thing or a glitch, and no one had any idea. Last I heard (yesterday) our ETL was going to check into it.

I've only been at this job for a year, so now that it's clear our store leaders don't tell us anything, is there a way for me to find out about these things on my own? I mean, other than reading about it here?

This is pretty typical. So welcome make yourself comfy and read up.. It's about to enter stupid season so the better armed with info you are the better..

Pro tip: Invent a friend out of state, so when you suggest or mention things you have a plausible reason why you know what you shouldn't know.. :)

So no more pick goal. So we just make sure the 430 is packed by 430 and the 1030 packed by 1030?
Metric wise, no pick goal but there is a “at risk/on time” for picking in MPM2.0. It’ll vary based on how many units in the workload. Depending on leadership, they might use that to scare you.

Metric wise, no pick goal but there is a “at risk/on time” for picking in MPM2.0. It’ll vary based on how many units in the workload. Depending on leadership, they might use that to scare you.
"TEAM! THERE IS ONE UNIT THAT NEEDS TO BE PICKED AND WE ARE AT 'AT RISK' ARE WE GOING TO MAKE IT OR MISS THE GOAL?!?!" I could just see that happening... Same with packing

Hey guys! My store just got the 30 minute deadline placed for OPUs last night. For those who have been working with the deadlines for a while, how is it? Is there a limit to how much you can grab for an OPU batch? What about those ridiculously high DPCI orders (20+ DPCI), how does that even work out? I’m just curious because this sounds physically impossible sometimes.

@mobilelady Is there any talk about bringing back the order inquiry function from the PDAs where we could search by DPCI? I realize myhelp has something similar but it's not as useful if I have to input the full order number. Order Inquiry was helpful when we were rushing to meet goal time so we'd just put items into hold without writing the label. Then using order inquiry to print out a label instead.

The chatbot in myHelp will soon have the ability to search by DPCI. Likely in the next couple of weeks. You won't be able to print a label from there though. Label printing is only in ePick and we don't have the function to reprint a label after you've put an order into hold since you're supposed to print the labels while putting to hold.

Hey guys! My store just got the 30 minute deadline placed for OPUs last night. For those who have been working with the deadlines for a while, how is it? Is there a limit to how much you can grab for an OPU batch? What about those ridiculously high DPCI orders (20+ DPCI), how does that even work out? I’m just curious because this sounds physically impossible sometimes.

We had two ppl jump into the big ones to try and get it under the 30 mins... Only thing that sucks is that they havnt fixed the alerts for goal time

We had two ppl jump into the big ones to try and get it under the 30 mins... Only thing that sucks is that they havnt fixed the alerts for goal time
My store has shift labels for OPU, you have to stay on top it and ensure people pay attention to the alerts on the mydevice. Our SFS lead has designated people who are aware of the deadlines and they only do OPU, nothing else. If they miss a deadline they are a issued a PIP on workday because they have all been talked to about the responsibilities and they’ve agreed to it. For the most part we haven’t had a lot of loafing. Just every now and then. The biggest issue is attendance.

found a loophole to that. Just hit prep complete and it transfers everything from the subcart straight to pack. Everyone at my store agrees this refresh is complete garbage. Having 16 subcart labels per cart? Um no thanks.

Yeah. Subcart locations is silly. I had to label our vehicles and so I did it how I was instructed, but the entire time I was like this is just a waste because I myself and likely everyone else will solely use one single location for the entire cart. Makes doing pickups very annoying as well since I multi-task...even with the severely cut pick time now. I'm actually thinking of removing all the labels from one of our new library carts and affix multiple cart locations to it that way you can be running multiple "carts" on the same vehicle and then use that cart exclusively for pickup orders (or a 3 tier which most people prefer anyways).

Isn't that how Prep is supposed to work? It just rolled into the app yesterday for my store and I don't see any other way it works....you just scan the parent location of a cart, then it gives you a "complete button" which then you just hit in order to move onto pack. I know the point is for someone to come back there, find the cart, start prepping everything on the cart before you hit this button...but there is alot of issues with that thought process...

- What if the items left on the cart aren't ship orders? A lot of times my team members will leave left over product from picking on their vehicle...or reshop they've found throughout the store while doing picks....you might just be prepping an item that isn't meant to go out....there is no way of really knowing unless you ask the person who pulled that cart...

- What happens if you prep a bunch of stuff on a cart presumably for a big order...then when it comes time to pack that order...it got cancelled. You just wasted manpower to prep those items and wasted materials because now you have to rip them out of the ziploced bags you put them in and throw those away...seems pointless not to just prep/pack it on the spot when you're ready to send it out. This is precisely why I scan every item now just to make sure the order hasn't been cancelled I bag up anything and waste my time (where before I preferred to prep each item(s) as I go).

- And if you can just bypass the whole operation to begin with...what's the point? You're not holding any sort of accountability...it's just an extra unnecessary step we're now doing...

From what I've seen, if the DPCIs are for different orders, it won't give them all to the next person that picks up a batch as it did in the past. It'll only give you a few orders. I like this better. This way you're not rushing to pick the last fe items while the first ones are about to hit 'missed goal' because it's part of an older order.

For those large DPCI orders, I'll second Lazy's method. Have 2 people work on the same order.

From what I've seen, if the DPCIs are for different orders, it won't give them all to the next person that picks up a batch as it did in the past. It'll only give you a few orders. I like this better. This way you're not rushing to pick the last fe items while the first ones are about to hit 'missed goal' because it's part of an older order.

For those large DPCI orders, I'll second Lazy's method. Have 2 people work on the same order.

Can the two people physically be in the same order? Or are you just skipping items for the other person to go get and return to the cart?

Yeah. Im going to ask the same question. How exactly do you get two people on the same order.
We tried it once where we skipped through and wrote dpcis down and one person got half and the other got the other half but maybe you guys have a different way.

We found out about the ePick app about halfway into the day when it rolled out, because no one told us. ETL told me to ask TL, who said, "Oh yeah ... I think I saw something about that." Hey, thanks.
Same with the goal time change for OPUs.
I mean, other than reading about it here?
Here and workbench are your best sources. I knew about it before our STL, there are some things that come out here before any messages from the DTL even. I just got the email forwarded from the DTL letting us know about the new order inquiry. Which we've been using in it's limited capacity for a week.
OPU splits into batches of 10ish. If the order is 15 items you will still get 15 items in a batch. We had OPU down to a science and were consistently green, since the new timing were down to about 80% pick on time. You really need at least 2 people assigned to it and for them to be activity communicating, while doing something they can walk away from right away. We've had 4 people on it at one time before. And we'll sacrifice OPU for pack goal.

Yeah. Im going to ask the same question. How exactly do you get two people on the same order.
We tried it once where we skipped through and wrote dpcis down and one person got half and the other got the other half but maybe you guys have a different way.

That's what we do too.

Yeah. Subcart locations is silly. I had to label our vehicles and so I did it how I was instructed, but the entire time I was like this is just a waste because I myself and likely everyone else will solely use one single location for the entire cart. Makes doing pickups very annoying as well since I multi-task...even with the severely cut pick time now. I'm actually thinking of removing all the labels from one of our new library carts and affix multiple cart locations to it that way you can be running multiple "carts" on the same vehicle and then use that cart exclusively for pickup orders (or a 3 tier which most people prefer anyways).

Isn't that how Prep is supposed to work? It just rolled into the app yesterday for my store and I don't see any other way it works....you just scan the parent location of a cart, then it gives you a "complete button" which then you just hit in order to move onto pack. I know the point is for someone to come back there, find the cart, start prepping everything on the cart before you hit this button...but there is alot of issues with that thought process...

- What if the items left on the cart aren't ship orders? A lot of times my team members will leave left over product from picking on their vehicle...or reshop they've found throughout the store while doing picks....you might just be prepping an item that isn't meant to go out....there is no way of really knowing unless you ask the person who pulled that cart...

- What happens if you prep a bunch of stuff on a cart presumably for a big order...then when it comes time to pack that order...it got cancelled. You just wasted manpower to prep those items and wasted materials because now you have to rip them out of the ziploced bags you put them in and throw those away...seems pointless not to just prep/pack it on the spot when you're ready to send it out. This is precisely why I scan every item now just to make sure the order hasn't been cancelled I bag up anything and waste my time (where before I preferred to prep each item(s) as I go).

- And if you can just bypass the whole operation to begin with...what's the point? You're not holding any sort of accountability...it's just an extra unnecessary step we're now doing...
Do u guys use esim bags with zipties for liquids or is their a different type of bag

The subcart locations are only silly if you do flex all the time @therealtd, bring in a TM that is brand new and it takes them far longer to find items in a cart that has no subcart than it does in a subcart. This is especially true if the items are already prepped.

I've given a messy flex cart to a seasonal TM and it makes a difference. The time to pack isn't impacted by if it's organized if the TM knows what they are doing.

The subcart locations are only silly if you do flex all the time @therealtd, bring in a TM that is brand new and it takes them far longer to find items in a cart that has no subcart than it does in a subcart. This is especially true if the items are already prepped.

I've given a messy flex cart to a seasonal TM and it makes a difference. The time to pack isn't impacted by if it's organized if the TM knows what they are doing.
The problem I'm running into with the few newbies I've trained on the new carts is that they get confused and think they've messed up if they accidentally scan something into the "wrong" subcart location. I keep telling them it's fine, and if parts of the same order are in multiple subcart locations, it'll just tell you when you pack where to find each item, but they still seem confused by it. They're also thinking they can only put one order in each subcart location, and they don't know what to do if the batch has a lot in it and they run out of empty spots. And, when packing a cart they didn't pick, they're getting confused when they're only prompted to pack one thing from the location they scanned, because they're still stuck on this "each subcart location is one order" misconception. I don't know if I'm just bad at explaining it, but I think it's a little confusing if you've never done it the old way.

Do u guys use esim bags with zipties for liquids or is their a different type of bag

I use ESIM bags and zipties for all liquids. Our smaller ESIM bags are actually just as thin as the regular prep bags used for folded clothing, so I typically double up when I am packing those things...especially if I know the item is a hazard material.

It'll make a difference if you give a messy cart to anyone, regardless of experience. A messy cart is a messy cart. You're simply speaking about the organization of the cart itself and I do believe these library carts will help with that, but the extra steps to scan every subcart location in order to pack is silly when you could just scan ONE location and pack everything in subsequent order. You're going to have to find the items in the cart, regardless of where they are at.

I know the pain of messy cart because my team is really messy with their carts...it's a huge pet peeve of mine...but I can't change them, I am only in control of what I do and I always organize my carts...it's not that hard...but for some people it is...when I am doing OPU orders, I don't need more subcart locations...I need more parent locations since I multitask and pull multiple batches at once to cut down on work.

The chatbot in myHelp will soon have the ability to search by DPCI. Likely in the next couple of weeks. You won't be able to print a label from there though. Label printing is only in ePick and we don't have the function to reprint a label after you've put an order into hold since you're supposed to print the labels while putting to hold.
STS receive eta?

Back